Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies
Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
Lastly, Jon Severe says St. John's has expressed interest through his AAU coach. #stjbb

Good
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

LJSA

« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
I wouldn't put too much stock in this "interest."

Whether we are interested or "interested," anything that keeps us in the good graces of schools like CtK is OK by me. They may eventually produce another Khalid Reeves, and we'll want to keep him home this time.

paultzman

« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Wake Forest calls for Christ the King's Jon Severe @Jsevere23 and St. John's put in another call. New school every day for the senior #stjbb”

« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille
Ok, last Jon Severe update of the night. He talked to coaches from West Virginia, St. John's (Tony Chiles) and Tennessee tonight.

Chilleb

« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2013, 02:42:00 AM »
He has big conference talent written all over him since day 1. Or is huggy and Martin reaching too?

MCNPA

« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2013, 03:04:37 AM »
Chille, I guess it should be asked at this point, where SJU stands on the kid's scale of interest?

As I said before, I haven't seen a lot of him except Internet stuff, but he looks like a good instinctual shooter/scorer that certainly needs to be guarded.   

I just know that we certainly could add another scorer to this roster.  Should SJU not land Rysheed, I don't think our roster would be hurt by a scorer like this one, even if he's not currently a top 60 kid. 

I think we could do a lot worse than a recruiting class of Lawrence and Severe.  Two local kids who could both potentially help us in areas of need. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:13:54 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2013, 06:42:54 AM »

There is no way those FGA stats are correct. Ive been to a few CK games this year and he took at least 20 shots in a couple of them but his stats show his season high for attempts in a game is 18.

The FGA and FGM are only from 2 points range. Its like the stats in Europe: you don´t add the 2 and the 3 pointers.

Moose

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2013, 07:34:11 AM »
He has big conference talent written all over him since day 1. Or is huggy and Martin reaching too?

The reach ppl referred to was De La Rosa not Severe
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »
The question in my mind is how important immediate and substantial playing time is to Severe? Chilleb?

Chilleb

« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »

I know moose, but some people on the board said severe Would be a reach as well and is "clearly" not a big conference player, hence me asking if cuonzo and huggy are sipping the wrong kool aid as well? And there not, severe is and would be a nice addition because he can handle and play make as well.

Chilleb

« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2013, 09:49:28 AM »
The question in my mind is how important immediate and substantial playing time is to Severe? Chilleb?
He plays ahead of Greene right away on my team. But that just me, to be honest I think we need either a pure point with offensive ability preferably able to knock down a 3 or some more size/girth if rysheed elects to go elsewhere. Severe is plan C

paultzman

« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »
He plays ahead of Greene right away on my team. But that just me, to be honest I think we need either a pure point with offensive ability preferably able to knock down a 3 or some more size/girth if rysheed elects to go elsewhere. Severe is plan C

Thanks Chille!

Moose

« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »

I know moose, but some people on the board said severe Would be a reach as well and is "clearly" not a big conference player, hence me asking if cuonzo and huggy are sipping the wrong kool aid as well? And there not, severe is and would be a nice addition because he can handle and play make as well.

Its not a crazy reach.  I don't think people thought it was a big reach.  I just wanted to make sure you realized me and Happy were mostly talking about De La Rosa.  As for Severe he can go to the A-10 and on most teams get to play right away and do well.  The jump from A-10 to BE is not huge by any means. 

I've said a couple of times if he was 2014 I'd be all over him.  If I took him next year he should redshirt IMO.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Happy

« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »

Its not a crazy reach.  I don't think people thought it was a big reach.  I just wanted to make sure you realized me and Happy were mostly talking about De La Rosa.  As for Severe he can go to the A-10 and on most teams get to play right away and do well.  The jump from A-10 to BE is not huge by any means. 

I've said a couple of times if he was 2014 I'd be all over him.  If I took him next year he should redshirt IMO.

Exactly the way I feel Moose.  He can play.. But he would play more at a A-10 school .

paultzman

« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »
Not pushing Severe one way or other, but is he that much worse than Sean Kilpatrick in his senior year at White Plains? Some kids develop and surprise us. Just wondering.

Happy

« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2013, 12:53:48 PM »
Not pushing Severe one way or other, but is he that much worse than Sean Kilpatrick in his senior year at White Plains? Some kids develop and surprise us. Just wondering.

Thing is that Kilpatrick is 6'4 and perfect for the 2 guard spot in the big east and severe is 6'2 and unfortunately not a point guard in any way.   This thread would be so much different if Severe could play the point.  Most would say Phil is a 6'2 kid who has to play the point and you see how that has turned out.  Not comparing severe and Phil because Jon shoots it much better.. I just don't know if he can get his shot off against on most nights bigger 2 guards.

paultzman

« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2013, 12:55:15 PM »

Thing is that Kilpatrick is 6'4 and perfect for the 2 guard spot in the big east and severe is 6'2 and unfortunately not a point guard in any way.   This thread would be so much different if Severe could play the point.  Most would say Phil is a 6'2 kid who has to play the point and you see how that has turned out.  Not comparing severe and Phil because Jon shoots it much better.. I just don't know if he can get his shot off against on most nights bigger 2 guards.

Thanks Happy. Good point.

Chilleb

« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »

Yeah if Adonis Dosent watch it he could b the next josh smith, and he isn't nearly as talented as him either, but agree with the disparity of the top of the A-10 is very small from the top of the major schools this year. However all the talk of him being a mid major jacker should stop now, the kid is good. You think that with talks of him increasing almost seals the deal with Jordan?

Chilleb

« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »

I think he can learn to play point for the sole reason , he has handle and playmaking abilities already, Kemba, Erving , tu hollaway,momo, Russ all never played point full time in highschool but with added talent around them on the next level made the transition somewhat

goredmen

« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »

Interest doesnt mean anything until you receive that piece of paper thats just waiting for your signature