Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

Moose

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2013, 10:20:45 AM »
Man I don't know what would happen if Severe chose STJ.  Chilleb might start posting like every other minute.  ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »
Man I don't know what would happen if Severe chose STJ.  Chilleb might start posting like every other minute.  ;)

He would appear to be a big east type player, I just don't think there is a need for him. If you are bringing in a guard, I want someone who can play some point guard otherwise wait to the 2014 class.

« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »
If he has a knack for scoring than ill take him.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Chilleb

« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2013, 01:35:45 PM »
Ha! Might be on to something. To be honest I would prefer Jordan.

« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »
Hey Moose, I posted a little something in the Santos recruiting thread also...but like I said I missed a big chunk of the game. He didn't do much scoring from what i saw and was a little quiet overall but its easy to tell he's talented. He's already a big body and is very defined for just being a sophomore. He was pretty active on defense, had a few blocks including a couple clutch ones on Severe and got whistled on a few tough calls and got discouraged.

No offense Chilleb, I think Severe is talented..but hopefully we lock up Rysheed Jordan and its a moot point :)

Chilleb

« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
Hey Moose, I posted a little something in the Santos recruiting thread also...but like I said I missed a big chunk of the game. He didn't do much scoring from what i saw and was a little quiet overall but its easy to tell he's talented. He's already a big body and is very defined for just being a sophomore. He was pretty active on defense, had a few blocks including a couple clutch ones on Severe and got whistled on a few tough calls and got discouraged.

No offense Chilleb, I think Severe is talented..but hopefully we lock up Rysheed Jordan and its a moot point :)
Ditto, want Jordan more than severe

pmg911

« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »
This kid will not play for SJU. He is an A10 level player who puts up big numbers because he shoots its non stop...

goredmen

« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2013, 01:51:05 PM »
This kid will not play for SJU. He is an A10 level player who puts up big numbers because he shoots its non stop...

Bingo

Poison

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
Russ Smith wasn't good enough to play here either.

Moose

« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
Russ Smith wasn't good enough to play here either.

Disagree.
Russ Smith was good enough.
Norm was just incompetent in recruiting him.  And we sucked so bad Russ' dad wouldnt want him coming here.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »
The big focus with Lavin is 2014 and 2015 outside of Lawrence and Jordan for 2013.

Things would have to drastically change for someone like Severe to get on the SJU radar for 2013.

paultzman

« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2013, 08:37:51 PM »
Chilleb's man going south?

“@AdamZagoria: Christ the King coach Joe Arbitello tells @SNYtv Alabama HC Anthony Grant "really likes" 2013 G Jon Severe and "wants him to visit."”

paultzman

« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »
Had 32 against Molloy today. Scorer!

goredmen

« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2013, 12:13:05 AM »
Had 32 against Molloy today. Scorer!

alot of guys can score 32 points when they shoot the ball 40 times

pmg911

« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2013, 08:05:49 AM »
alot of guys can score 32 points when they shoot the ball 40 times

Kid is a huge chucker

MCNPA

« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2013, 08:11:44 AM »
To tell the truth, I'd rather have shooter/scorers like Severe coming off the bench than guys like Marco who really don't have the skill set nor pace for this level.  Ive never seen the kid play, but I know we could use another scorer/ shooter at the guard spots.  Obviously Rysheed is the one we want, but a kid like Severe sounds like he could really help us down the road if we didn't land Rysheed.  some guys turn out like Russ Smith.  Others contribute as the 6th, 7th or 8th man.  NYC kids like these can help on the bench, even if they're not initially upper D1 material.  I'd venture to guess that when we have needed sme scoring punch this season, if we had a kid like Severe on the bench, we might be able to use him.

pmg911

« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
To tell the truth, I'd rather have shooter/scorers like Severe coming off the bench than guys like Marco who really don't have the skill set nor pace for this level.  Ive never seen the kid play, but I know we could use another scorer/ shooter at the guard spots.  Obviously Rysheed is the one we want, but a kid like Severe sounds like he could really help us down the road if we didn't land Rysheed.  some guys turn out like Russ Smith.  Others contribute as the 6th, 7th or 8th man.  NYC kids like these can help on the bench, even if they're not initially upper D1 material.  I'd venture to guess that when we have needed sme scoring punch this season, if we had a kid like Severe on the bench, we might be able to use him.

Seriously - have you seen this kid play..? To compare him to Russ Smith is nuts.

As for Marco - we have no ida what his skills are or are not, he nevers plays.

He is an A10 level player at best and is only getting more attention because he is putting up big numbers.

To keep it in prespective - Mike Cavataio put up huge nunbers his Senior year at St. Francis Prep too and he did it against better competition in the CHSAA.

Severe is a good low major player at best - Lavin wants to recruits kids that are potential pros in his eyes and this kid is not.

There was a reason that schools like URI were all over him in the Fall...

paultzman

« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2013, 08:31:50 AM »
He would be better served attending Duquesne where he would get a lot of time out of the gate.

MCNPA

« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2013, 09:09:06 AM »

Seriously - have you seen this kid play..? To compare him to Russ Smith is nuts.

As for Marco - we have no ida what his skills are or are not, he nevers plays.

He is an A10 level player at best and is only getting more attention because he is putting up big numbers.

To keep it in prespective - Mike Cavataio put up huge nunbers his Senior year at St. Francis Prep too and he did it against better competition in the CHSAA.

Severe is a good low major player at best - Lavin wants to recruits kids that are potential pros in his eyes and this kid is not.

There was a reason that schools like URI were all over him in the Fall...

I didn't compare him to Russ smith.  You should read correctly. I just said that once in a while, kids not projected to be playing at this level can offer some help whether as a starter or 10th man. I can see perfectly what Marco offers us.  He doesn't have the skill set for this level.  His release is slow, and his decision making is slow as well.  He doesn't pay because not only can't he get a shot off but he also turns it over almost immediately when pressured.  Just don't mind having a NYC kid on the bench with some scoring skills.  It doesn't have to be Severe.