Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies
Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2008, 03:01:56 AM »
this leaves DJ as our only "true" small forward.  Plus with DJ 2 years older that would've allowed Kevin some time to develop.  It would be nice to have some depth for once.

But we have only one schollie left and you can't get them all. 

I agree. We need another small forward.

Stephenson

Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - XAVIER
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »
Like I say Xavier is truly no joke wit Book, Sean Miller and one of the flyest arenas around. Place just rocks 24/7.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2008, 11:06:46 AM »
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080914/SPT0102/809140423

"That didn't really matter to me because I knew I was going to commit to Xavier anyway," Parrom said. "Staying in New York City would have been good, but I felt like I needed to get away and go to where a team is already winning, where I can build off that."

« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080914/SPT0102/809140423

"That didn't really matter to me because I knew I was going to commit to Xavier anyway," Parrom said. "Staying in New York City would have been good, but I felt like I needed to get away and go to where a team is already winning, where I can build off that."

Xavier has and will have lost a lot of bodies before Parrom arrives but I respect his decision to go there. Kevin is a really nice kid, I've gotten to speak with him a few times and he is a funny kid who has a bright future ahead of him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2008, 11:24:28 AM »

Xavier has and will have lost a lot of bodies before Parrom arrives but I respect his decision to go there. Kevin is a really nice kid, I've gotten to speak with him a few times and he is a funny kid who has a bright future ahead of him.

I doubt Sean Miller will be there for the whole 4 years of Parroms carreer

« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2008, 11:50:46 AM »

I doubt Sean Miller will be there for the whole 4 years of Parroms carreer

I agree, the A-10 is training grounds for the bigger leagues especially Xavier, Sean Miller will be gone

Quincy Roberts is listed as a SG & I only saw his highlights but if anyone knows his game better please tell me he can play SF in college , isn't he 6-5???

If so I am not too worried about depth at SF in that case

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
A-10 is very up and coming as a conference right now I think they are really shedding that mid-major conference label
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2008, 12:51:37 PM »
Agreed but money  talks & so does TV time ,  Mark Few is a rare dude
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
A-10 is very up and coming as a conference right now I think they are really shedding that mid-major conference label

Goes in cycles. Temple wuz king in the 80s and 90s along wit UMass. Xavier always been good.

« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

Goes in cycles. Temple wuz king in the 80s and 90s along wit UMass. Xavier always been good.

The A-10 was left for dead only a few years ago.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »
Best of luck Parrom - would have loved to seen you at STJ.

« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2008, 10:53:54 PM »
Best of luck Parrom - would have loved to seen you at STJ.

Parrom should light up teams like Fordham

« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
I guess Maurice Wingate got some bad info?

« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2008, 11:24:07 PM »
Snow is still fallin'.

« Reply #215 on: April 06, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
Miller takes Arizona job
Xavier's Sean Miller has accepted the job as head coach of the Arizona Wildcats.

Will KP come to STJ????

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »
If he even thinks about getting out of his LOI, Norm has to be waiting outside their South Kent dorm with a scholly in his hand. 

« Reply #217 on: April 06, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
i might want him more than lance. he wouldnt get us the attention but i think he fits us better for the long run. from the times i saw him at south kent over the internet i though he was tremendous, he can pass, rebound, and shoot, he doesnt have to score to have an impact.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=933031&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Parrom is noncommittal on change

Brian Snow
Musketeerscoop.com

Whenever there is a coaching change at a school, it isn't just the players currently inside the program affected, it is also the incoming recruits. Xavier's lone signee in the 2009 class is Kevin Parrom. The four-star forward from New York City was surprised by the news, and doesn't know what is next.

« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2009, 02:14:37 PM »
Looks like Miller is bringing Coach Richardson with him to Arizona. Does that increase the possibility that Parrom considers another school ?