Max Hooper - SF - Harvard Transfer - Irvine, CA - ST. JOHN'S

• 296 replies

gman

Re: Max Hooper - SF - Harvard Transfer - Irvine, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2012, 05:29:45 PM »
Congrats to Max.  I don't understand Marco and Max, but it should help our team's D with Hooper and Marco bombing 3s in practice. 

ras

Re: Max Hooper - SF - Harvard Transfer - Irvine, CA
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »
Hooper really intrigues me.  I am all for filling out the roster with Hooper, Chandler and Turner and then targeting Jermaine Lawrence in '13.  That is my dream scenario right now.

This would be an insane 2013 roster

Branch Turner
Harrison Greene Bourgault Balamou(or Wood)
Garrett Pointer Hooper
Sampson Sanchez Lawrence
Chandler

Add Nolan in there for either Wood and Balamou and even better LOL

Ugh

Too bad it will never happen because we aren't going to have 13 people and everyone happy.

Hey a guy can dream can't he lol In all seriousness if we land Chandler I will be ecstatic with the future of the program.

Exactly.  After him everything is greedy IMO.
Thats what I say. Give me Sanchez and Chandler ,everybody else is gravy.

boo3

« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
Welcome aboard. Big weekend +1 for the program.

Get Chandler on board and all the crybabies can disappear for a while.  You can never have enough kids that can shoot it. 

Zones have killed us the last few years. Addressing that issue. 

crgreen

« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
correction, we will have 2 sharp shooters with 1 year in the program behind them.  In 2013, you have two guys who will be able to contribute at all times.  One can sub the other.

Doesn't Max have to sit out this upcoming 2013 season as his transfer year?  You mean 2 guys for 2014?

Poison

« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »
Welcome aboard. Big weekend +1 for the program.

Get Chandler on board and all the crybabies can disappear for a while.  You can never have enough kids that can shoot it. 

Zones have killed us the last few years. Addressing that issue. 

Zones have killed for the last 25 years. Lavin is breaking tradition by bringing in a kid that's here to shoot.

« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »
Sorry, years can be confusing since bb crosses over.  In any case we are both right.  Both will be able to plY one yr together in 13-14.

desco80

« Reply #226 on: April 23, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »
Great news !  ;D

Can never have enough shooters.   .   
Now - we just need to hear about CHandler.

MCNPA

« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2012, 06:53:38 PM »
Both max and Marco overlap but only for a year, that's why both.  How many teams can have guys this quality in the second half of the roster?  Both excellent shooters will help a ton.

desco80

« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »
Both max and Marco overlap but only for a year, that's why both.  How many teams can have guys this quality in the second half of the roster?  Both excellent shooters will help a ton.

Think they overlap for two years, no?

2012 - Bourgault
2013 - Bourgault, Hooper
2014-  Bourgault, Hooper
2015 - Hooper

Marco has 3 years of eligibility left. 

« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »
Since Hooper counts for the 2012 count does that mean we have 1 available ship for our remaining targets this year - Obekpa, Chandler, Wisco Big, J Tuner

Then will have 2 or 3 free ships for next year?

« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »
Since Hooper counts for the 2012 count does that mean we have 1 available ship for our remaining targets this year - Obekpa, Chandler, Wisco Big, J Tuner

Then will have 2 or 3 free ships for next year?

2 left for this year.  If we use both then we have 1 for 2013

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=928.0

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »
I was looking for that table thanks.  Only problem with it is that it does not include Jamal Whitle. I believe he will be a senior and was on scholarship last year

« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
I was looking for that table thanks.  Only problem with it is that it does not include Jamal Whitle. I believe he will be a senior and was on scholarship last year
it's on the main board...One year scholarship for Mr. White
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2012, 07:34:15 PM »

There is a very good chance he is not on scholarship any more
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2012, 07:40:34 PM »
Wow!  Lavin clearly never wants to go into another game without shooting options. 

3"Lo, Bourgault, and Hooper--probably the best of the bunch.  Maybe Lavin has a "Notre Dame Lineup" planned!

Marillac

« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »
Congrats to Max.  I don't understand Marco and Max, but it should help our team's D with Hooper and Marco bombing 3s in practice. 

Great point.  The effect elite shooters have preparing a defense in practice is huge. Nothing says "I screwed up" like watching a three-ball tickle the net because you closed-out late or didn't react fast enough.  Those things go overlooked a lot when the shots clank off the iron. 

MCNPA

« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2012, 08:12:55 PM »

Great point.  The effect elite shooters have preparing a defense in practice is huge. Nothing says "I screwed up" like watching a three-ball tickle the net because you closed-out late or didn't react fast enough.  Those things go overlooked a lot when the shots clank off the iron.

Also allows us to run a totally different style of offense at times to use clock or when teams are fouling us.  If you can put shooters like Hooper, Harrison and Bourgault in a game when teams are trying to send you to the line, there is a big advantage.  Lavin killing it this year with his recruiting IMO.  Every pickup has had big value in areas we were missing.  Really balanced.  I really would love to see Chandler here.  We'd be sick

« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
I've seen him multiple times and he can flat out play. Absolutely deadly from 3 & can definitely hang with the big boys. Thrilled to have him on board

desco80

« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
I've seen him multiple times and he can flat out play. Absolutely deadly from 3 & can definitely hang with the big boys. Thrilled to have him on board

Is he athletic enough to play more than a token amount of minutes in the Big East?    What I'm asking is he that big of a liability defensively that he won't see more than 10 mins a game?   

Or, during games when we're being zoned, could he be on the floor longer without really hurting us?

MCNPA

« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2012, 08:53:25 PM »

Is he athletic enough to play more than a token amount of minutes in the Big East?    What I'm asking is he that big of a liability defensively that he won't see more than 10 mins a game?   

Or, during games when we're being zoned, could he be on the floor longer without really hurting us?

He's not as slow as people making him out to be.  Not a real good athlete, but we run zones too.  He's smart and if he can move in space and is not charged with rotating to the wings and closing on those shooters, he will be fine.  Cuse has played a 2-3 forever and it has masked some of their weak links defensively.