Game 10: Wagner

• 82 replies
Game 10: Wagner
« on: December 13, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »
It's going to sell out as Johnny fans start to rise to the occasion.  A palpable buzz beginning as 9 and 0 has us on the brink of a national ranking and the Knicks are in the toilet yet again.

Get your tickets early for Marquette and Depaul. Weekend conference games in the cozy confines of Alumni will be packed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:44:18 PM by Dave »

Marillac

Re: Wagner game thread
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »
Hahaha you guys are really looking forward to this Wagner game.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 01:19:18 PM »
Hahaha you guys are really looking forward to this Wagner game.

No, I can't go. But 5600 others will.  I don't think I can make one till Marquette.  Maybe St. Francis if I'm lucky.  Or if I somehow get super motivated and make it to Jersey.

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 01:26:15 PM »
I just bought seton hall tickets. Excited. Newark is only 15 minutes from penn station by train. 3/4 trains per hours.

redslope

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:36:48 PM »
I just bought seton hall tickets. Excited. Newark is only 15 minutes from penn station by train. 3/4 trains per hours.

Good luck on that 15 minutes estimate the way NJ Transit has been running lately.  I know someone who posts his nightly adventure home to NJ from the City--better give your self EXTRA time to be safe and make tip off.

Johnny23

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 02:59:31 PM »
NJ Transit has been a disaster from Penn back to Jersey for like the last year. Just awful. Almost as bad as LIRR but maybe that's a stretch.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »

Who will you root for?

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
Who will you root for?
You seem to be very excited for the next few games. I truly hope you enjoy them. I am not sitting in rush hour traffic to go and I am certainly not paying to sit in alumni hall to watch. If I paid for season tickets I would be even more mad. Those games shouldn’t just be free. You should get a gift card to a gas station for your trouble.
As for the 29th. I hope to be rooting for our guys. But I am going early to watch ND at a bar. If they lose and I drink to much I could absolutely turn on your boy pretty quick if we give the usual lax effort on defense.

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »
You seem to be very excited for the next few games. I truly hope you enjoy them. I am not sitting in rush hour traffic to go and I am certainly not paying to sit in alumni hall to watch. If I paid for season tickets I would be even more mad. Those games shouldn’t just be free. You should get a gift card to a gas station for your trouble.
As for the 29th. I hope to be rooting for our guys. But I am going early to watch ND at a bar. If they lose and I drink to much I could absolutely turn on your boy pretty quick if we give the usual lax effort on defense.

"I hope to be rooting for our guys"......find another team. Or stop posting. You're killing the buzz, man.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 12:12:30 AM »
You seem to be very excited for the next few games. I truly hope you enjoy them.

Yes, I look forward to all of the games. I don't have much of a life and they are a pleasant diversion.  The 9 and 0 does add to the excitement and if excitement is not the right term - then at least it adds to the pregame hype.

The conference portion of the season will be here soon enough.  Cupcakes and lesser locals have been on the menu since at least Lou and probably Lapchick but I don't go back that far.

The media buzz; the Wagner sellout; and the no. 30 ranking thus far is clear evidence that the scheduling has been brilliant.

Perhaps we'll tank in the early portion of the conference season ( I see 1-3 and 2-2 would be a gift) then you can say I told you so and that the weak non-conference schedule didn't properly prepare us for the rigors of BE play and coach should be horse whipped and we should have hired a Hurley. But let's just wait and see.

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 01:09:45 AM »
I see people are enjoying their 9-0

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
I see people are enjoying their 9-0

You betcha.  As a long suffering I'm so conditioned to losing.  I could get used to this winning thing.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »

The media buzz; the Wagner sellout; and the no. 30 ranking thus far is clear evidence that the scheduling has been brilliant.

Perhaps we'll tank in the early portion of the conference season ( I see 1-3 and 2-2 would be a gift) then you can say I told you so and that the weak non-conference schedule didn't properly prepare us for the rigors of BE play and coach should be horse whipped and we should have hired a Hurley. But let's just wait and see.

You think 2-2 would be a gift?? I think it should be 3-1 after 4 and an outside chance at sweeping them. We are the most talented team in the BE, the offense has been clicking about as much as you can expect college ball offense to click in December and the defense should and will be better.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 12:42:33 PM »
You think 2-2 would be a gift?? I think it should be 3-1 after 4 and an outside chance at sweeping them.

Three road games and a home game against #21 MU. I suspect you will be disappointed.

QuanMan

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »
The perfect season continues, 10-0 with a loss not close in sight for another month.

Want to see Shamorie dominate a game from the onset. Be the aggressor early, kill your opponent, then distribute. Justin and Marv are rock solid you know they're ready for the Big East, it's the surrounding pieces that have to be well oiled and refined over these next 3 games:

Would like to see LJF continue to kill the opposition and MH get back on track with a big game.

Mikey and Bryan have to continue to build their confidence, we need their scoring off the bench come league play.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 11:07:00 PM »
You think 2-2 would be a gift?? I think it should be 3-1 after 4 and an outside chance at sweeping them. We are the most talented team in the BE, the offense has been clicking about as much as you can expect college ball offense to click in December and the defense should and will be better.

I think 1-3 with 0-4 not out of the realm. True we do have talent.  Yet we have no size and our largest player is extremely foul prone. Plus we have little depth and struggle mightily defending the three and the post.

I believe that BE wins will come. Just not sure about them coming early.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:56 AM »
Three road games and a home game against #21 MU. I suspect you will be disappointed.

I dunno if there will be a revenge motivator, but if there is than GTown and SHU are ripe for it. I think going 11-7 or 12-6 in conference and that’s gotta start somewhere.

Johnny23

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 10:30:16 AM »
I dunno if there will be a revenge motivator, but if there is than GTown and SHU are ripe for it. I think going 11-7 or 12-6 in conference and that’s gotta start somewhere.

I'm thinking 9-9 or 10-8. A top 4-5 finish in conf.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 10:44:30 AM »
The Seton Hall game could make or break the season. With a win over Kentucky, Seton Hall, always tough at home, is dangerous. This SJU teams, not a throwback to Lapchick/Carnesseca man to man and deliberate point guard offense, looks more like Don Nelson's Golden State Warriors, who could beat anybody any time.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 11:14:25 AM by Flagstaff Joe »

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
I'm thinking 9-9 or 10-8. A top 4-5 finish in conf.

If we go 9-9 or 10-8, in a down year in conference would be disappointing.