Wagner Game Discussion

• 86 replies
Re: Wagner Game Discussion
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »
Who is going to hit the open outside shots beside Harrison?
We are athletic and if we play D will win around 20. Shooting going to be an issue all year though. If you think otherwise you are kidding yourselves.

I am kidding myself then.  The same way I was kidding myself back in February when I said there was a good chance Harrison would be back and you chose to dismiss my idea and engage in name calling.

Yeah I thought Harrison would transfer, then it became a joke. I stated as much many times.
W/o joking who on this team is going to hit outside shots. If you say Hooper or Marco though I will call you names.
I am not saying we will be bad, just saying shooting is not something we are going to do well.
If the team dedicates itself to playing D, they sort of remind me of those ugly FLA ST teams from a couple years ago. Nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »
Also remind me of those NCAA tourney UAB teams a few years ago with the twins that were really athletic.

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »
Bottom line is the team is 2 for 23 from 3 point range this season.  You aren't going to win many games in the Big East playing like that.

It looks like the long range shooting problem has still not be addressed by the staff.

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2013, 09:24:01 PM »
ich bin ein berliner

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »
Bottom line is the team is 2 for 23 from 3 point range this season.  You aren't going to win many games in the Big East playing like that.

It looks like the long range shooting problem has still not be addressed by the staff.

Exactly.  It is a good thing the Big East starts tomorrow...then maybe then can address their address...

Poison

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »
Wait until you see the picture

Any idea why the picture is so poor?

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »

We might consider stop taking them. Other than Harrison not a shot we can make, why take them?

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »
Kentucky is a preseason NC favorite and they are shooting 26% from 3 after 3 games and that is after playing two tomato cans on their home floor.

Think 26% will get it done in March let alone the SEC?  Probably not.  My guess is it will improve. Either that or Calipari did not address the 3 point shooting in the off-season, nice person...

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »

Exactly.  It is a good thing the Big East starts tomorrow...then maybe then can address their address...

Come on, you know I'm happy that they won.  A win is a win and I'll always take it.

But the threat of long range shooting has to be there.  If it's not, this team is going to struggle.

What happened to Max Hooper?  Why is he getting no PT at all?

Poison

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2013, 09:29:05 PM »
Can't see the game but Wagner's shooting stats indicate they can't throw the ball in the ocean right now.  Is that our defense, or are they missing good looks?

Our defense was better, but Wagner showed that if an opponent is careful with the ball, and they move it around just a little, you'll get an open shot vs our d.

Poison

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »
From what I saw, Hooper played for 15 seconds, and threw up a corner 3 with a hand in his face. He missed. I didn't see him again. I think he should play more. Especially if we 're not going to guard the 3.

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »

We might consider stop taking them. Other than Harrison not a shot we can make, why take them?

Definitely.  Then Coach Lavin Is going to start reading your comments just to see how good a coach he is.

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2013, 09:32:09 PM »
Harrison will eventually make some threes. No one would question that. I think Sanchez has a nice touch, but I doubt we are counting on him for that. The team was not constructed to make many threes. I don't know how you think guys who can't shoot will magically make them on a random date you set(start of BEB). This isn't a 2 Game issue, it has been 2 years and 2 games with the core players. I would rather they just not take many.

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
The good guys put up a respectable 73 against Wagner.  The vaunted Norm Roberts senior class under the tutelage of coaching savant Mike Dunlop scored 69 against them in 2010.  Second straight contest in which we've seen indisputable evidence that the offense is improved.

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:08 PM »

Definitely.  Then Coach Lavin Is going to start reading your comments just to see how good a coach he is.

See when people disagree with your opinions, most of which are wrong you resort to name calling and childish posts. Which would be fine by me if you were even a little funny or interesting!
Don't care what Lavin reads, it is my opinion doofus.

gman

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

The bigger problem with that stat is our 2 best 3pt shooters are 0-2.  The wrong people are taking 3s.

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 09:37:11 PM »

What happened to Hooper?

In the book the shark ate him

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »
Love what I see from Harrison so far. Is it me or is he taking much better, higher quality shots? He's using the ball fake more to get to the mid range or taking strong to the rim. His game is definitely maturing. He'll have his games when he gets hot from 3 but he's not relying as much on it.

Branch gave us a little boost tonight. Off the Wisconsin game I was a little concerned but he made some nice passes tonight and I thought he settled us late in the game into some halfcourt offense. He can get us organized. Still want to see better judgement and less recklessness from him.

Offense has to get better organized at times. Would love to see Hooper or Marco get more involved because I think their shooting is still valuable but considering we aren't a great defensive team to begin with, it might tough right now.

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »

The bigger problem with that stat is our 2 best 3pt shooters are 0-2.  The wrong people are taking 3s.
My question is why is that?  Just no minutes to give to find out?  As far as I'm concerned this is the pre-season, if not now
you know the answer is going to be never so why recruit them.  Lavin 's giving new meaning to one (shot) and done.

paultzman

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 10:52:54 PM »
@GregLogan1: St. John's is shooting 8.7 percent from three-point range through two games. Steve Lavin has seen enough: http://t.co/ilcLvLGC9T. #SJUBB