Wagner Game Discussion

• 86 replies
Re: Wagner Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
How do we look?

Offense stagnated towards the end of the half, but overall we looked very smooth on both ends. Harrison played great.

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »
I said after last game that Harrison might be a step quicker then last year. He might be two steps quicker. Playing great and still is yet to get it going from the outside.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »
Is this game in hd? I have cab vision

DFF6

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »
Can't see the game but Wagner's shooting stats indicate they can't throw the ball in the ocean right now.  Is that our defense, or are they missing good looks?

goredmen

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 07:17:26 PM »
Getting very sloppy

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
Rysheed really struggling.

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »
Horrible couple of minutes there.

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »
We got lucky during that stretch. Could have been worse than that.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »
Yup, we're gonna be sweating this one.

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »
Rysheed really struggling.
looks like he's very tentative , with all the upperclassman. That should change as season progresses

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
The picture on this station looks like a 1950's stag film.
Thank goodness Baylor thing fell through! Going to live and die with Harrison another year. Hopefully he got his eye roll issue taken care of

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
Difference from the last few years is that at no point tonight did I think we were going to lose, even when the lead dipped a bit.  I wish, of course, that we would have maintained a huge lead the whole game, but I thought there were some good things to take from the W.  By no means is Wagner a legit team, but they aren't terrible either.  They are probably near the top of the smaller conference teams -- whether that be the NEC, MAAC, etc etc.  Should we win by 20?  Yes.  But again not a disaster by any stretch.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
Difference from the last few years is that at no point tonight did I think we were going to lose, even when the lead dipped a bit.  I wish, of course, that we would have maintained a huge lead the whole game, but I thought there were some good things to take from the W.  By no means is Wagner a legit team, but they aren't terrible either.  They are probably near the top of the smaller conference teams -- whether that be the NEC, MAAC, etc etc.  Should we win by 20?  Yes.  But again not a disaster by any stretch.

I agree, it became interesting but never a game and they did not need to depend on last second free throws to win the game. Also they shot 77%  from the line, if we can keep that up that is a big bonus. Big issue is still the 3pointer def and off.
Cougar O' Malley

gman

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »

I agree, it became interesting but never a game and they did not need to depend on last second free throws to win the game. Also they shot 77%  from the line, if we can keep that up that is a big bonus. Big issue is still the 3pointer def and off.

Wagner didn't shoot the 3 well but we went 0-10. The disparity is a bit exaggerated this game. And for all his talk doesn't sound like hooper or Marco played much

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »

Wagner didn't shoot the 3 well but we went 0-10. The disparity is a bit exaggerated this game. And for all his talk doesn't sound like hooper or Marco played much

Hooper's defense can't be much worse than what a lot of our guys show out there. Not sure why he doesn't get PT.

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »
Wagner hit some crazy, crazy shots.  Defense was better tonight, but again versus a much easier opponent.  The lack of three-point shooting is still a major concern.  Every team has multiple guys who can make 3's.  We have one who plays.  Hopefully we see some improvement along those lines as the season progresses, whether it be from Jordan, Sanchez, Branch or involvement from Hooper/Marco.

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »
Wagner hit some crazy, crazy shots.  Defense was better tonight, but again versus a much easier opponent.  The lack of three-point shooting is still a major concern.  Every team has multiple guys who can make 3's.  We have one who plays.  Hopefully we see some improvement along those lines as the season progresses, whether it be from Jordan, Sanchez, Branch or involvement from Hooper/Marco.

Defense was much better tonight, Wagner hit some circus shots as you said.  But that stretch in the first half was good.

I am not worried about the shooting, it will come.  Keep driving it to the hoop as they do and the open looks will come and they will make 'em.  Wagner is not the easiest match up.  They should win their conference pretty easy this year.  They are scrappy.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:12:29 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 09:11:01 PM »
Who is going to hit the open outside shots beside Harrison?
We are athletic and if we play D will win around 20. Shooting going to be an issue all year though. If you think otherwise you are kidding yourselves.

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 09:15:36 PM »
Who is going to hit the open outside shots beside Harrison?
We are athletic and if we play D will win around 20. Shooting going to be an issue all year though. If you think otherwise you are kidding yourselves.

I am kidding myself then.  The same way I was kidding myself back in February when I said there was a good chance Harrison would be back and you chose to dismiss my idea and engage in name calling.

desco80

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »
They looked okay tonight.   I don't see how anyone can draw too broad of a conclusion from this game, but I have no doubt some posters will do just that.

The defense certainly looked better, we regularly picked up the offensive players well behind the 3pt line.   Wagner still hit a number of deep shot s with hands in their face.  I cant explain that.

I thought Sanchez didnt play too well tonight.  Some bad decisions on defense and he wasnt finishing on the other end or hittng his shots.

Pointer needs to he given the greenlight.  He's passing up open looks and passing to a worse shot for a teammate.   If it were up to me i'd stop calling him a big box store, a swiss army knife and whatever else coach has labeled him.   Remind Dom that hes a damn good player, a borderline all american in HS, a 2 year starter for this team, and a guy with all the physical talent a player could want.... its ok if you score a ton of points.   Start looking for oppertunities to score. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:19:55 PM by desco80 »