A Win

• 94 replies

Poison

Re: A Win
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »
Thing about Matt Brust ay St J's was that he was the best player on the team when he should have been the 7th or 8th best player. Those were some lian years talent wise.

He was never our best player.
But he was team leader and maybe our most featured player but agree his heart was bigger than his talent. Also had a lot of talent at the bar scene. :)

True, but of those were the lean years, when were the good ones?

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »
Do people make these statements up just to keep things negative or were you they there and forgot? Matty was a role player who hustled every second out on the court. Far from the best player, but 100% effort always. And those were good team, very good teams. He was a big part of the success.

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2011, 11:58:27 PM »
People didn't seem to mind Dunlap last year when we were in the tourney

It's easy to jump on Dunlap when the team struggles. Fact is a large majority of people have no idea what really goes on or what coaches do or how players feel. Dunlap did way more with the positive team chemistry last year than people know. As for the team chemistry now the team feels more like a team with Nuri gone. The guys are back to hanging out with each other, they went bowling the other day. They all like each other. Yea its small stuff but this team is moving in the right direction.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2011, 01:36:20 AM »
I missed the game when Avery Patterson hit 8 threes or whatever early in his season. These boards were raving about him. Then I saw that 8 year old girl push shot  of his and I knew we were in trouble.

Trouble?  Your disrespect for the greatest three point shooter ever to wear the red and white is comical.  72 threes in his one and only very short, no Be or Ncaa tournament, season.  72.  More than Hardy.  72.  More than D'anglelo will ever have.  72.  More than Shaw.  72.  More than Bootsy.  72.  More than Luyk, Lyson and Wright put together.  72.  A record that will stand in the annals of Johnny lore for ever after.

I bet you thought Wally Pipp was better than Gehrig?

Michigan isn't fit to carry the jock nor shine the shoes of the great Avery "3 point-record holder" Patterson. 

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2011, 01:37:47 AM »
Matty was the team leader AND their best player his senior season.

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2011, 01:50:38 AM »
I missed the game when Avery Patterson hit 8 threes or whatever early in his season. These boards were raving about him. Then I saw that 8 year old girl push shot  of his and I knew we were in trouble.

Trouble?  Your disrespect for the greatest three point shooter ever to wear the red and white is comical.  72 threes in his one and only very short, no Be or Ncaa tournament, season.  72.  More than Hardy.  72.  More than D'anglelo will ever have.  72.  More than Shaw.  72.  More than Bootsy.  72.  More than Luyk, Lyson and Wright put together.  72.  A record that will stand in the annals of Johnny lore for ever after.

Michigan isn't fit to carry the jock nor shine the shoes of the great Avery "3 point-record holder" Patterson. 

so sure deangelo wont hit 73 any year?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

derk

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »

Not until he puts some arc on that flat shot.

sju89tr

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »

He also led the team in visits to Gantry's lol

sju89tr

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »

Im not so sure about that, 2.5 3's a game approx may not be hard to do when he logs 35 minutes a game the rest of the year He could do it this year

pmg911

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2011, 11:26:10 AM »
Matt Brust was NEVER EVER the best player on any St. John's team.

« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
A Matt Brust fathead for pmg for Christmas

boo3

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »
 Brust's senior year Jayson Williams was the best player on the team, when he wasn't hurt.  Matt was good player his senior year. Improved a lot while he was here.

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »

Positive!

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2011, 01:59:46 PM »
Thank-you. Hope you are right because admittedly my memory ain't the greatest on this topic but just seem to remember Brust playing at least part of his St J's career on what I consider pretty mediocure teams. Also remember him hoisting up alot of 3's.

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2011, 02:05:05 PM »
Matt Brust was NEVER EVER the best player on any St. John's team.

I beg to differ.  Jayson "shotgun" Williams played in only 13 games in Brust's senior year scoring and rebounding a grand total of 190 and 101, respectively.  Matty's outstanding all-around body of work in the 89/90 season of 34 games clearly renders him the best player on that team.