• 45 replies

derk

Re: Yakwe on BE All Freshman Team
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »
Sorry Kob self corrected to job.

Poison

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »
Very well deserved- by far one of our best players this season and undisputed top underclassmen. The future is very bright for him.  Once he has help next year we will win many more games.

The Our Savior duo of Felix and Yakwe has outplayed the entire team and even their former teammate Diallo this season. That was certainly unexpected.  Let us not forget Yakwe was technically high school senior this season and still brought his game to a higher level.

Felix had one of the worst senior seasons any St.John's player has ever had. Probably the worst, actually.

Oh really what games were you watching? When I last checked that honor belongs to johnson and ron. They sucked from a production standpoint to flat out laziness on the court.
This was felix first and only year getting real burn. I dont call averaging 7 points a game and showing hustle and energy unlike most others one of the worst in history. 

Johnson played much better as the season wore on. Ron became a complete disaster. He isn't physically able to play basketball. Balamou played lousy defense and couldn't finish anything. At least Johnson improved and contributed. A lot of his points came in garbage time, but this is a garbage team, so who cares?

Balamou played last year probably more than he should have. He was absolutely given a chance, and he didn't take advantage of it. Is that supposed to be Lavin's fault, too?

Balamou can't finish??? Um WHAT?
He can't shoot and not a smart defender, but finishing statement is ludicrous!

No it isn't. He's not a great finisher because he had one dunk against Seton Hall.

Every single point he scored this year was going hard to the basket. Makes tough layups in traffic all the time. You want to criticize Felix, knock yourself out, he is not a good all around basketball player but finishing is the one thing he does well and why he has a BE scholarship

He finishes better than he shoots the ball, but that doesn't make him a good finisher. What I saw this year, is a guy who would go strong to the basket, but most of the time, probably should have considered that there were other players on his team.

kob24

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »
What's good paltzman. The Bronx is good derk. I hear there is alot of young talent out here. U know what wasju I was talking about him last night with my boys. I don't know. Not to knock him he is good but I'm not sure he is the answer. I actually think the kid Diallo needs to be on their list. He looks like he has all the tools to be in the nba. I see shamari as a scoring guard. And it's rare that a freshman comes into the big east and puts up numbers. They have to be very very special

Foad

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »
it's rare that a freshman comes into the big east and puts up numbers. They have to be very very special

He doesn't have to be that special to be better than Mussini though. Maybe only one very.

ras

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »
Shout out to my youngin Yakwe I told y'all you got a steal. If they work with him in the off season and see he actually has some offensive talent that needs nurturing he is gonna be a real problem
I remember when we were going after Diallo and you said we should go after Yakwe before most people of us ever heard about him. Nice call.

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 09:56:52 PM »
Oh really what games were you watching? When I last checked that honor belongs to johnson and ron. They sucked from a production standpoint to flat out laziness on the court.

Hey silly person, look at these two players senior year stats

Player A played 27 minutes a game:

12 pts / 3.8 reb / 1.7 ast / 1.3 steal / .3 blocks / .37 FG / .73 FT

Player B played 35 minutes per game

13pt / 3.2 reb / 1.6 ast / .9 steal / 0 blocks / .42 FG / .72 FT

One of them "sucked" and the other is Phil Greene. Lulz.

3-POINT FG PCT    Cl    GP    3FG    3FGA    Pct
1.    GREENE IV, Phil-SJU    SR    18    44    96    .458
2.    BARLOW, Alex-BU    SR    18    36    79    .456
3.    KREKLOW, Rick-CU    SR    17    33    73    .452
4.    ABELL, Remy-XU    JR    18    23    51    .451
5.    ARCIDIACONO, Ryan-VU    JR    18    40    90    .444
6.    SMITH-RIVERA, D.-GU    JR    17    46    108    .426
7.    GIBBS, Sterling-SHU    JR    16    47    112    .420
8.    HART, Josh-VU    SO    18    28    67    .418
9.    HILLIARD, Darrun-VU    SR    18    48    116    .414
10.    CARLINO, Matt-MU    SR    14    48    120    .400
   DUNHAM, Kellen-BU    JR    18    40    100    .400