St. John's vs. St. Mary's, MD - Post Game Discussion

• 51 replies

paultzman

Re: St. John's vs. St. Mary's, MD - Post Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 12:57:23 PM »
As noted last year by Dave Telep, espn recruiting guru, Sir Dom on the defensive end is a difference maker. Thus far, I see he has Artest's defensive desire and physicality. Doesn't seem to have Ron's offensive ability, but all in all he will be the perfect complement to Mo, Harrison, etc and a warrior for many years.

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »
Perhaps they are referring to his potential as an NBA player but there is absolutely nothing in his game or his looks that bares any resemblance to Mr. Artest and anyone (coaches or otherwise) who states there is, is smoking something illegal.  However, when it come to your self assessment of being dumb, I wont argue with you on that one.   ;D 

Moose

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »
Perhaps they are referring to his potential as an NBA player but there is absolutely nothing in his game or his looks that bares any resemblance to Mr. Artest and anyone (coaches or otherwise) who states there is, is smoking something illegal.  However, when it come to your self assessment of being dumb, I wont argue with you on that one.   ;D 

Sure thing!
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 05:00:46 PM »
Real Fan, your diplomatic, flexible and compromising manner reminds one of Idi Amin. Valium anyone!

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
None of our present coaches have any links to Ron Artest so perhaps they were makijng the comparison to motivate Mr. Harkless to be the best he can be. Sorry but I don't see MH reminding one of RA rather I see Dom Pointer as more of an Artest play alike (defensively). By the way Moose I thought on a subsequent post you somewhat back tracked and stated you were just comparing MH and RA in physical appearance but now that you have our coaches quotes you feel empowered to go back to you original supposition that there games are alike. Has the great philosopher Moose has said (that's you Moose) "You can't have it both ways". I am sure you will attempt to wiggle your way out of this as you always do with your convoluted logic but I can tell you in advance I ain't buying it.  ::)

Moose

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
None of our present coaches have any links to Ron Artest so perhaps they were makijng the comparison to motivate Mr. Harkless to be the best he can be. Sorry but I don't see MH reminding one of RA rather I see Dom Pointer as more of an Artest play alike (defensively). By the way Moose I thought on a subsequent post you somewhat back tracked and stated you were just comparing MH and RA in physical appearance but now that you have our coaches quotes you feel empowered to go back to you original supposition that there games are alike. Has the great philosopher Moose has said (that's you Moose) "You can't have it both ways". I am sure you will attempt to wiggle your way out of this as you always do with your convoluted logic but I can tell you in advance I ain't buying it.  ::)

What are you his bodyguard?

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2011, 12:11:27 AM »

I will say this for you Moose-you do have a sense of humor. :)

Moose

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2011, 12:27:13 AM »

Thanks for noticing. 

To recap.  I said they 'look' like eachother on the court.  Realfan disputed that and also that they don't even play similar.  The staff simply calls him "Young Ron".  That can go either way and it wasn't specified if it was looks or playing style.  So I haven't backtracked on anything by posting that tweet.  I just pointed out the staff feels there is some similarity.  I guess we won't know specifically what they meant unless a follow up is asked.

And for the record, pretty sure I failed Philosophy at some point or another.

MCNPA

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 01:51:47 AM »
Regardless of whether he looks like Artest or not, my guess is that he will have a very successful college and pro career.  The kid is the goods and once he puts some more weight and hits his stride with his inside/outside game, he'll be hard to stop.  Glad we were able to pry this kid away from Uconn who made a big mistake by putting Harkless low on their priority list once he had verbally committed.  Their loss is a huge gain for SJU.  Then again, they have more than enough talent...

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »

Thanks for noticing. 

To recap.  I said they 'look' like eachother on the court.  Realfan disputed that and also that they don't even play similar.  The staff simply calls him "Young Ron".  That can go either way and it wasn't specified if it was looks or playing style.  So I haven't backtracked on anything by posting that tweet.  I just pointed out the staff feels there is some similarity.  I guess we won't know specifically what they meant unless a follow up is asked.

Once again you prove your sense of humor. However when you say you said "they look like each other ON THE COURT' you are implying they play alike or why wouldn't you simply say they look alike and not add "on the court"?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:36:33 AM by Celtics11 »

Moose

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

Thanks for noticing. 

Once again you prove your sense of humor. However when you say you said "they look like each other ON THE COURT' you are implying they play alike or why wouldn't you simply say they look alike and not add "on the court"?

I say on the court because I haven't seen them off the court.  I never hung out with Ron Artest and I don't hang out with Moe either :)

But I wouldnt mind hanging out

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
Ever the Philosopher you have an answer for everything. :)