European Game 3 v. Stella Azzurra

• 169 replies

Poison

Re: European Game 3 v. Stella Azzurra
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2013, 01:45:48 AM »
Avery Patterson, Ricky Torres and Phil Greene are examples of contributors to the curse.

Lumping Johnny great Avery "sg3prh" Patterson and the Rhombus in with Torres clearly shows that you're a shite talent evaluator with a bilateral case of bias. 

That record is going down this season. What will you cling to when it does?

Harrison already took that record as a freshman. 

Thought so too, but think he is talking about single game, not single season. What ever he can hold on to lol.

A single game  record, like the one Patterson had against North Florida, is actually pretty sad.  The 06-07 Red Storm, after the 03-04 Red Storm was the team that I most despised watching. Patterson was the best example of what I would call a cherry picker. He didn't do one thing on the court for another player. He was completely useless, unless the other 4 guys worked their asses off to get his slow lazy ass a wide open shot.

That team as a whole had no heart, no character, no plan, no confidence, no talent, no experience, no potential, no intelligence and no business playing in the Big East. Avery Patterson was the farthest thing from a prototypical STJ guard I have ever seen.

In every way, he represented what was wrong with that team, and with STJ's at that time. Instead of yelling at him, Brust should gone to a few practices and shown him how you play defense in the BE. Patterson was not a fit for STJ, or D1, and that's why he finished his college career at some panzy ass D3 school. I'm amazed that any team would accept a kid who played like he did, but I suppose there's a cover for every pot.

72 three's on that offenseless team and you can't find anything nice to write about him?  To each his own.

P.S.  He played on a panzy ass D2 school and I think he led the nation in 3 point shooting his senior year.  He should have spent it in Queen's.  Pope knows we could have used him.   

His 72 threes came at the expense of the team's success, because he rarely played well against anyone of note. And no, STJ's could never use a player like that. It's a team game, and if you're playing D1, you're required to hustle. Patterson was lazy. This program wasn't built by selfish chuckers who caved the second a defense put a body on him.

Meanwhile, Cedric Jackson is an NBA player.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:46:40 AM by Poison »

« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2013, 03:32:12 PM »
Avery Patterson, Ricky Torres and Phil Greene are examples of contributors to the curse.

Lumping Johnny great Avery "sg3prh" Patterson and the Rhombus in with Torres clearly shows that you're a shite talent evaluator with a bilateral case of bias. 

Thought so too, but think he is talking about single game, not single season. What ever he can hold on to lol.

A single game  record, like the one Patterson had against North Florida, is actually pretty sad.  The 06-07 Red Storm, after the 03-04 Red Storm was the team that I most despised watching. Patterson was the best example of what I would call a cherry picker. He didn't do one thing on the court for another player. He was completely useless, unless the other 4 guys worked their asses off to get his slow lazy ass a wide open shot.

That team as a whole had no heart, no character, no plan, no confidence, no talent, no experience, no potential, no intelligence and no business playing in the Big East. Avery Patterson was the farthest thing from a prototypical STJ guard I have ever seen.

In every way, he represented what was wrong with that team, and with STJ's at that time. Instead of yelling at him, Brust should gone to a few practices and shown him how you play defense in the BE. Patterson was not a fit for STJ, or D1, and that's why he finished his college career at some panzy ass D3 school. I'm amazed that any team would accept a kid who played like he did, but I suppose there's a cover for every pot.

72 three's on that offenseless team and you can't find anything nice to write about him?  To each his own.

P.S.  He played on a panzy ass D2 school and I think he led the nation in 3 point shooting his senior year.  He should have spent it in Queen's.  Pope knows we could have used him.   

His 72 threes came at the expense of the team's success, because he rarely played well against anyone of note. And no, STJ's could never use a player like that. It's a team game, and if you're playing D1, you're required to hustle. Patterson was lazy. This program wasn't built by selfish chuckers who caved the second a defense put a body on him.

Perhaps the ineffectual coaching of Norm Roberts and point guard play of Geno; Showtime's injury; the disappointing interior play of Hamilton and Mase Jr., the weakest of bench contributions from Spears, TJ and Calhoun; and possibly the worst play ever seen at SJU from Torres were also expenses conspiring against the teams success?

Furthermore,  Cedric Johnson was terrible as a Johnny.  He used to get his shot blocked by the rim but I'm not sure what that has to do with the sublime genius that was Avery "sgtprh" Patterson?

Foad

« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2013, 04:00:35 PM »
P.S.  He played on a panzy ass D2 school and I think he led the nation in 3 point shooting his senior year.

He barely led his own team in 3 point shooting. 35 percent.

http://www.tarletonsports.com/custompages/MBBstats/2007-08/teamcume.htm

Good for 72nd in the nation.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings?doWhat=archive&rpt=archive&sportCode=MBB

Moose

« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »
P.S.  He played on a panzy ass D2 school and I think he led the nation in 3 point shooting his senior year.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings?doWhat=archive&rpt=archive&sportCode=MBB

7 three pointers a game.  He was gunning!
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »

Perhaps the ineffectual coaching of Norm Roberts and point guard play of Geno; Showtime's injury; the disappointing interior play of Hamilton and Mase Jr., the weakest of bench contributions from Spears, TJ and Calhoun; and possibly the worst play ever seen at SJU from Torres were also expenses conspiring against the teams success?

Furthermore,  Cedric Johnson was terrible as a Johnny.  He used to get his shot blocked by the rim but I'm not sure what that has to do with the sublime genius that was Avery "sgtprh" Patterson?

I guess we remember things differently. Yes, Norm was awful at everything. No one in their right mind woukd debate that, but the interior play was all that team had. Hamilton had a solid season. He was a 1st team all BE player. That wasn't an award he was handed. The thing is, this team sorely lacked fire and leadership. He was the closest thing we had to a star player, but for the most part, he was all alone.

Calhoun was a solid freshman. Not stellar, but solid. It was a big loss when he didn't return. Yet another in an endless line of reasons Roberts should have been fired after that season. Patterson could have assumed a leadership role on that team. The opportunity was certainly there, but he you can't lead if you don't try, and I've never seen a lazier player in all
my years watching this program.

« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »

He led his own team in 3 point shooting with 85.  The next closest player on his team had 32.  That's not "barely".  The national stats you show are for the 01/02 season?  Tarleton is D2 right?  At least maybe I got that part right.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:24:54 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »

I guess we remember things differently. Yes, Norm was awful at everything. No one in their right mind woukd debate that, but the interior play was all that team had. Hamilton had a solid season. He was a 1st team all BE player. That wasn't an award he was handed. The thing is, this team sorely lacked fire and leadership. He was the closest thing we had to a star player, but for the most part, he was all alone.

Calhoun was a solid freshman. Not stellar, but solid. It was a big loss when he didn't return. Yet another in an endless line of reasons Roberts should have been fired after that season. Patterson could have assumed a leadership role on that team. The opportunity was certainly there, but he you can't lead if you don't try, and I've never seen a lazier player in all
my years watching this program.

I'll grant that the play of Hamilton was a big part of the teams limited "success".  So were Avery's threes.

« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
The 06-07 Red Storm, after the 03-04 Red Storm was the team that I most despised watching. Patterson was the best example of what I would call a cherry picker. He didn't do one thing on the court for another player. He was completely useless, unless the other 4 guys worked their asses off to get his slow lazy ass a wide open shot.

That team as a whole had no heart, no character, no plan, no confidence, no talent, no experience, no potential, no intelligence and no business playing in the Big East. 

Ironically the 06-07 team is the last St. John´s team that beat Syracuse.

Poison

« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2013, 06:03:36 PM »
The 06-07 Red Storm, after the 03-04 Red Storm was the team that I most despised watching. Patterson was the best example of what I would call a cherry picker. He didn't do one thing on the court for another player. He was completely useless, unless the other 4 guys worked their asses off to get his slow lazy ass a wide open shot.

That team as a whole had no heart, no character, no plan, no confidence, no talent, no experience, no potential, no intelligence and no business playing in the Big East. 

That's a W against an NIT team.

CC

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »

This years squad better change that!