European Game 3 v. Stella Azzurra

• 169 replies
Re: European Game 3 v. Stella Azzurra
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2013, 11:27:51 AM »
No comments about the video of the game on the school's atheltic department website.  They have been showing the players on tour and some of the game.  Watching the bench as Hoop started to light it up was great.  It has been a long time since I have seen such enthusiasm from our players on the bench.  In addition, Dom's interview with him was good.  Hoop is a mature kid who practices like the devil; might not have innate skills but works at the game to become a better player.  If he can be successful against real competition, this team can go far.  He has an edge about him-something to prove.  He comes from a well to do family and he could have written his own ticket with a Harvard degree but he wants something more......that is a powerful motivator.

I'm traveling for work, and don't have my laptop handy. I've been trying to watch highlights on the St.John's site, but for some reason they have designed it like it's still 2002. 

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082713aae.html

sir dom has outstanding interviewing skills.

LJSA

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
No, sorry but I'm going to have to nip this is the bud right now. There is no way this kid is going to be called Hoop. NO WAY. I can live with Hoopy (Alt: Hoopie). Also acceptable would be The Hoopster or the Hoopmeister General. If he starts dribble the ball off his feet you can call him Ooops or Oopsie. But Hoop is right out. Don't make me warn you again.

I'm definitely going with Hoopmeister General.

esuhr

« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2013, 01:44:47 PM »

How 'bout Mott the Hooper?

« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »

« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »

How 'bout Mott the Hooper?
+1
+ a google  LOL

But Fratto's already got many calling him Hoops (not Hoop though).

« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2013, 01:32:04 AM »
Avery Patterson, Ricky Torres and Phil Greene are examples of contributors to the curse.

Lumping Johnny great Avery "sg3prh" Patterson and the Rhombus in with Torres clearly shows that you're a shite talent evaluator with a bilateral case of bias. 

LJSA

« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2013, 01:38:45 AM »
Avery Patterson, Ricky Torres and Phil Greene are examples of contributors to the curse.

Lumping Johnny great Avery "sg3prh" Patterson and the Rhombus in with Torres clearly shows that you're a shite talent evaluator with a bilateral case of bias. 

That record is going down this season. What will you cling to when it does?

« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2013, 02:00:24 AM »

Your Momma's teet.

Sorry.  I couldn't resist.

LJSA

« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2013, 04:47:46 AM »

Your Momma's teet.

1) How freaking old are you?
2) She's dead

Poison

« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »
No comments about the video of the game on the school's atheltic department website.  They have been showing the players on tour and some of the game.  Watching the bench as Hoop started to light it up was great.  It has been a long time since I have seen such enthusiasm from our players on the bench.  In addition, Dom's interview with him was good.  Hoop is a mature kid who practices like the devil; might not have innate skills but works at the game to become a better player.  If he can be successful against real competition, this team can go far.  He has an edge about him-something to prove.  He comes from a well to do family and he could have written his own ticket with a Harvard degree but he wants something more......that is a powerful motivator.

I'm traveling for work, and don't have my laptop handy. I've been trying to watch highlights on the St.John's site, but for some reason they have designed it like it's still 2002. 

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082713aae.html

sir dom has outstanding interviewing skills.

Oh no. Not nice.

Marillac

« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »

Harrison already took that record as a freshman. 

Marillac

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »

Prediction Hooper makes less than 20 threes all year.

20 before Christmas

Definitely.

« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »

Thought so too, but think he is talking about single game, not single season. What ever he can hold on to lol.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »

Thought so too, but think he is talking about single game, not single season. What ever he can hold on to lol.

A single game  record, like the one Patterson had against North Florida, is actually pretty sad.  The 06-07 Red Storm, after the 03-04 Red Storm was the team that I most despised watching. Patterson was the best example of what I would call a cherry picker. He didn't do one thing on the court for another player. He was completely useless, unless the other 4 guys worked their asses off to get his slow lazy ass a wide open shot.

That team as a whole had no heart, no character, no plan, no confidence, no talent, no experience, no potential, no intelligence and no business playing in the Big East. Avery Patterson was the farthest thing from a prototypical STJ guard I have ever seen.

In every way, he represented what was wrong with that team, and with STJ's at that time. Instead of yelling at him, Brust should gone to a few practices and shown him how you play defense in the BE. Patterson was not a fit for STJ, or D1, and that's why he finished his college career at some panzy ass D3 school. I'm amazed that any team would accept a kid who played like he did, but I suppose there's a cover for every pot.

Marillac

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2013, 11:43:08 PM »

Haha yeah.  I actually think Patterson was a good player that I wish we had for this team.  He was just allowed to do things he shouldn't have been.  He was awesome with his feet set, but one he was allowed to shoot off the bounce his 3-pt % fell into the teens.  He was also strong and athletic enough to hold his own in other aspects of the game. 

Poison

« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2013, 11:56:27 PM »

Haha yeah.  I actually think Patterson was a good player that I wish we had for this team.  He was just allowed to do things he shouldn't have been.  He was awesome with his feet set, but one he was allowed to shoot off the bounce his 3-pt % fell into the teens.  He was also strong and athletic enough to hold his own in other aspects of the game. 

He had muscles, but he was softest and laziest guard we've ever had. There were no other aspects of his game that helped the team. All he could do was hit a wide open three pointer. Jon McDonald, a walk on in 03-04, was a better D1 player because he hustled.

« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »

He had muscles, but he was softest and laziest guard we've ever had. There were no other aspects of his game that helped the team. All he could do was hit a wide open three pointer. Jon McDonald, a walk on in 03-04, was a better D1 player because he hustled.

On offense the only thing he could do was set his feet and shoot, and that he was real good at. But one other thing he did well was rebound the ball defensively.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2013, 12:25:01 AM »

On offense the only thing he could do was set his feet and shoot, and that he was real good at. But one other thing he did well was rebound the ball defensively.

I honestly believe his rebounding stats were an example of luck. When we played REAL teams, he was almost always afraid of contact. He would spend the whole game slowly dancing around the court like he was high out of his mind, which would explain a lot.

For him especially, stats lie. Rebounds after we're down by 30 were about as valuable as Larry Wright's & Ricky Torres' threes.

« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2013, 01:27:43 AM »

Your Momma's teet.

1) How freaking old are you?
2) She's dead

1) Older than I want to be and younger than I feel.
2) I'm sorry to hear that.

3) Come on.  I apologized in advance for my immaturity.

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2013, 01:32:52 AM »

A single game  record, like the one Patterson had against North Florida, is actually pretty sad.  The 06-07 Red Storm, after the 03-04 Red Storm was the team that I most despised watching. Patterson was the best example of what I would call a cherry picker. He didn't do one thing on the court for another player. He was completely useless, unless the other 4 guys worked their asses off to get his slow lazy ass a wide open shot.

That team as a whole had no heart, no character, no plan, no confidence, no talent, no experience, no potential, no intelligence and no business playing in the Big East. Avery Patterson was the farthest thing from a prototypical STJ guard I have ever seen.

In every way, he represented what was wrong with that team, and with STJ's at that time. Instead of yelling at him, Brust should gone to a few practices and shown him how you play defense in the BE. Patterson was not a fit for STJ, or D1, and that's why he finished his college career at some panzy ass D3 school. I'm amazed that any team would accept a kid who played like he did, but I suppose there's a cover for every pot.

72 three's on that offenseless team and you can't find anything nice to write about him?  To each his own.

P.S.  He played on a panzy ass D2 school and I think he led the nation in 3 point shooting his senior year.  He should have spent it in Queen's.  Pope knows we could have used him.