What's up with Rysheed Jordan?

• 127 replies

Foad

Re: What's up with Rysheed Jordan?
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2014, 02:10:30 PM »
there is a long history of sixth men being better than multiple players in the starting five. Waiters for cuse was a good one. Manu Ginobili is another. Jason Terry for the Mavs. Odom for the Lakers. Harden for the Thunder.

Yes, except it's not like he's playing behind Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant or Tim Duncan. He's playing behind Jamal Branch. That said, there's a problem with bringing Jamal Branch off the bench: you're bringing Jamal Branch in off the bench. In some ways this is like Lou starting Bobby Kelly over Kevin Williams. You get a few quiet minutes from an inferior player before things have gone along far enough to get out of hand and then you get him out of there before they do.   

ras

« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2014, 02:16:52 PM »
After the game he just had, I would start him. If he keeps playing at that level ,he will play 35 min a game.

TONYD3

« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
After the game he just had, I would start him. If he keeps playing at that level ,he will play 35 min a game.
He will play 35 when he needs to. Vs fordham wasn't necessary

Tha Kid

« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2014, 02:25:21 PM »
there is a long history of sixth men being better than multiple players in the starting five. Waiters for cuse was a good one. Manu Ginobili is another. Jason Terry for the Mavs. Odom for the Lakers. Harden for the Thunder.
Yes, except it's not like he's playing behind Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant or Tim Duncan. He's playing behind Jamal Branch. That said, there's a problem with bringing Jamal Branch off the bench: you're bringing Jamal Branch in off the bench. In some ways this is like Lou starting Bobby Kelly over Kevin Williams. You get a few quiet minutes from an inferior player before things have gone along far enough to get out of hand and then you get him out of there before they do.

Interesting, I didn't realize Manu played 4/5 behind Timmy.  Pretty sure it was behind the almighty Bruce Bowen.  Similar to Odom not playing shooting guard behind Kobe.  And conveniently leave off the fact that Terry played behind...DESHAWN STEVENSON.  

You're totally right to compare this to baseball though.  Because just like baseball, when basketball players are subbed out, they can never re-enter the game.  Oh wait...
Usually analogies are your thing, Fun.  What happened?  This is kind of like that time Baldi tried to compliment st johns basketball during the Norm era.  Stick to what you know.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »
Aggie had a good outing yesterday.  7 assists and 0 turnovers.  :up:

Foad

« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2014, 02:54:09 PM »
Interesting, I didn't realize Manu played 4/5 behind Timmy. Pretty sure it was behind the almighty Bruce Bowen. Similar to Odom not playing shooting guard behind Kobe. And conveniently leave off the fact that Terry played behind...DESHAWN STEVENSON. You're totally right to compare this to baseball though. Because just like baseball, when basketball players are subbed out, they can never re-enter the game. Oh wait... Usually analogies are your thing, Fun. What happened? This is kind of like that time Baldi tried to compliment st johns basketball during the Norm era. Stick to what you know.

Hello? Anyone home? Bobby Kelly? Kevin Williams? Louie? Hello? The point I made, which you missed because you were busily confusing Hall of Fame Coach Lou Carnesecca with, I don't know, Lou Pinella? Lou Costello? Lou Ferrigno? Hulk angry. Not sure. Anyway, the point was that professional basketball teams are rife with talent, whereas Saint John's is not. So when you're bring in a player like Vinnie off the bench (sorry, that's Vinnie "the Microwave" Barbarino, a well-known hockey player) it's not so bad because you have other talented players in front of him. Whereas if you bring Jordan off the bench you have Jamal Branch.

If you're going to attempt condescension you master reading comprehension first. And you, a graduate of the finest Ivy League school in the ACC. Shameful.

Tha Kid

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »
Interesting, I didn't realize Manu played 4/5 behind Timmy. Pretty sure it was behind the almighty Bruce Bowen. Similar to Odom not playing shooting guard behind Kobe. And conveniently leave off the fact that Terry played behind...DESHAWN STEVENSON. You're totally right to compare this to baseball though. Because just like baseball, when basketball players are subbed out, they can never re-enter the game. Oh wait... Usually analogies are your thing, Fun. What happened? This is kind of like that time Baldi tried to compliment st johns basketball during the Norm era. Stick to what you know.
Hello? Anyone home? Bobby Kelly? Kevin Williams? Louie? Hello? The point I made, which you missed because you were busily confusing Hall of Fame Coach Lou Carnesecca with, I don't know, Lou Pinella? Lou Costello? Lou Ferrigno? Hulk angry. Not sure. Anyway, the point was that professional basketball teams are rife with talent, whereas Saint John's is not. So when you're bring in a player like Vinnie off the bench (sorry, that's Vinnie "the Microwave" Barbarino, a well-known hockey player) it's not so bad because you have other talented players in front of him. Whereas if you bring Jordan off the bench you have Jamal Branch. If you're going to attempt condescension you master reading comprehension first. And you, a graduate of the finest Ivy League school in the ACC. Shameful.
Sorry, your reference to players who finished playing at STJ before I was born was lost on me.  I thought Bobby Kelly was Roberto Kelly and Lou Piniella WAS manager when Roberto was there, so yeah, wasn't as nice personic as you thought.  
You also conveniently used that to deflect the ridiculousness of stating that Manu started behind Duncan, Lamar behind Kobe, and failed to acknowledged JET starting behind the immortal deshawn stevenson.  Care to comment?
"I drink and I know things"

Foad

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »
Hello? Anyone home? Bobby Kelly? Kevin Williams? Louie? Hello? The point I made, which you missed because you were busily confusing Hall of Fame Coach Lou Carnesecca with, I don't know, Lou Pinella? Lou Costello? Lou Ferrigno? Hulk angry. Not sure. Anyway, the point was that professional basketball teams are rife with talent, whereas Saint John's is not. So when you're bring in a player like Vinnie off the bench (sorry, that's Vinnie "the Microwave" Barbarino, a well-known hockey player) it's not so bad because you have other talented players in front of him. Whereas if you bring Jordan off the bench you have Jamal Branch. If you're going to attempt condescension you master reading comprehension first. And you, a graduate of the finest Ivy League school in the ACC. Shameful.
Sorry, your reference to players who finished playing at STJ before I was born was lost on me. I thought Bobby Kelly was Roberto Kelly and Lou Piniella WAS manager when Roberto was there, so yeah, wasn't as nice personic as you thought. You also conveniently used that to deflect the ridiculousness of stating that Manu started behind Duncan, Lamar behind Kobe, and failed to acknowledged JET starting behind the immortal deshawn stevenson. Care to comment?

I already commented. I made a nice respectful post full of relevant basketball information, to which you replied with defensiveness, hostility and hilariously misplaced condescension.

I can only repeat: we play 6 guys, 5 of whom play positions interchangeably. So you original analogy, referencing NBA teams with 12 player rosters manned by skilled players with defined rolls, was fail. Then your next response was fail, because your inability to understand simple written English caused you to go off on a tangent about the NY Yankees. And now you admit you don't know anything about the illustrious history of our glorious basketball program and the strategic genius of its greatest coach of the modern era. All in all, a poor showing, upon which I have already wasted more than enough time.

Good day to you sir.