Anthony Livingston

• 148 replies

Poison

Re: Anthony Livingston
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2016, 10:18:39 AM »
Have to agree with some of the above posts. Livingston situation is definitely dissapointing.  The amar move back in the fold would be down right perplexing.  Taking amar back and filling that 2017 ship is just another sad sign that we really aren't confident with that class at all. Also, if we go that route why not take kostas? All the whispers of him leaning our way and then zach b saying he is backup plan to Livingston yet here we are? Kostas has always been a high ceiling guy but now he is shooting up the rankings. 247's final rankings have him higher than ponds and freudenberg, would be our highest ranked HS kid. Also got good reviews on the recent world team.  Even if there are questionable academics why not take a shot on a kid that talented rather than bring back a guy in amar who hasn't shown much in the way of being a consistent big east caliber player. 

Not sure if it would be a great look for the staff to presumably push a kid out because we want to upgrade that ship just to strike out then ask him to come back after we sent out an official press release that he was leaving.  Whole thing seems a bit off to me.

I agree....  Take a chance on Kostas, unless there are some info on him that we're not aware.  I've noticed his stock has respectively risen, per Rivals (he wasn't amongst their top 150, but now he's #114), Scout (#99), and 247 Sports (#52).  None of those ratings may not mean anything when it's all said and done, but I'd rather take my chances on him, than to bring back a player who was practically moved to make room for another scholarship.

If not Kostas or anyone else new to the roster, then pocket the scholarship.

Kostas is not worth it. It is laughable that he is ranked at #52 by 247. His last name is carrying him, but his brother is a genetic anomaly.  I don't see the high ceiling others do.

I don't either. He looks uncoordinated. The game overall, is producing too many bigs who think they're guards. It's great that he can hit a 3, but if you're 6'9 and athletic you should be able to board.

If they add anyone it should be a grad transfer so that a guy like Slice who was brought here to do one thing has the ships to add talent. If we go into the 16-17 off season with one open ship it seems to me that would defeat the purpose of having Slice here.

Livingston really looked like exactly what we needed. Too bad that's probably not going to work out.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 10:20:11 AM by Poison »

« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »
Kostas is not worth it. It is laughable that he is ranked at #52 by 247. His last name is carrying him, but his brother is a genetic anomaly.  I don't see the high ceiling others do.

I also believe #52 is way too high for Kostas.  But, I wouldn't be so quick to say, he isn't worth it.  He's certainly a work in progress.  He could be one of those kids who may contribute a couple years down the road.

Poison

« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2016, 11:21:57 AM »

I also believe #52 is way too high for Kostas.  But, I wouldn't be so quick to say, he isn't worth it.  He's certainly a work in progress.  He could be one of those kids who may contribute a couple years down the road.

If he's worth it, why aren't more programs after him?

« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »

It could be the same reason some kids are under recruited.  Or, it could be another reason or varied reasons.  I'm not privy to all the happening's when it comes to his recruitment. 

By the way, he took an official to Purdue, this weekend.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:17:09 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2016, 07:51:56 PM »

It could be the same reason some kids are under recruited.  Or, it could be another reason or varied reasons.  I'm not privy to all the happening's when it comes to his recruitment. 

By the way, he took an official to Purdue, this weekend.

He may turn into a very good player one day, but we have guys that suck now but also have big upside for my taste. If he mans up, goes to prep school and takes his conditioning seriously, he maybe be a good addition in a year, or so. J

goredmen

« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »
Committed to Texas Tech

« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2016, 08:53:53 PM »
Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  5 minutes ago Kentucky, USA
Anthony Livingston is headed to Texas Tech, a source told Scout. Averaged 15.5 points a game last season at Arkansas State.

Foad

« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2016, 07:36:58 AM »
Committed to Texas Tech

I guess because Baylor didn't have any scholarships available.

« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2016, 08:32:19 AM »
Committed to Texas Tech

Committed lol