• 148 replies

hnk

Re: Anthony Livingston
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »
Close to home. DC

Johnny23

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2016, 02:50:26 PM »
Distance is a non-issue. DC is 4 hours from NYC. Morgantown  is a little over 3 hours from DC.

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
FWIW, this article says WVU is aleady at the 13 scholly limit, so they'd need someone to transfer/leave to open spot

http://www.thedaonline.com/sports/article_9d91502a-0dbb-11e6-86df-530c9c7f955d.html

But the possibility of graduate transfers entering the program remains a possibility. Two of them have recently announced they have WVU on their lists, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, featuring forwards Merrill Holden (Louisiana Tech) and Anthony Livingston (Arkansas State).

Livingston was the focal point of Arkansas State’s attack, averaging more than 15 points and nine rebounds in each of the last two seasons. He was a Second Team All-Sun Belt Conference honoree both years.

Holden’s contributions weren’t as significant, but they would be greatly benefited to a position in need of more depth. Holden posted 8.1 points and five rebounds in 23 minutes, a contest for Louisiana Tech this past season.

However, getting both or just one of the two remains a difficult task as WVU is already at the limit with 13 scholarship players on its roster. That means one current Mountaineer would need to transfer/leave the program in order for either Holden or Livingston to be on scholarship.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:11:26 PM by RedStormNC »

paultzman

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2016, 03:21:40 PM »
Btw, BC & WVU are only other schools actively recruiting him. Rest assured WVU would figure roster numbers out if they could land Livingston.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:22:16 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2016, 03:23:55 PM »
I think WillieG might need some of Livingston's meds soon

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »
No inside knowledge, but I'm not concerned with BC for various reasons.

If he chooses to visit West Virginia, of course that would be a concern because Huggins is a heck of a coach and has done very well with transfers/JUCO's throughout his career.  Hearing the staff is very confident is a good thing, obviously.

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2016, 05:10:21 PM »
Why Baldi, because my concerns might be justified.  Sounds like you might need them.  I read they were developing meds to improve attention span for reading and writing.  They might help you go beyond reading and writing posts that are longer then one to three lines.  I've seen that you are  a self proclaimed internet bully.  They might help you with that too.

desco80

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2016, 06:10:00 PM »
Willie, your concerns could be entirely justified, but they're misdirected. 
Who cares if we don't get Livingston?  He's a one year rental for a nit team at beat.
I'd rather not take the risk with his character and give more minutes to Yakwe and Sima anyway.

This isnt a very important recruit imo.   Can take him or leave him.

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2016, 07:04:34 PM »
I think WillieG might need some of Livingston's meds soon
if not Dave began selling the johnnyjungle taser this week to hit willie at games

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2016, 09:42:56 AM »
Distance is a non-issue. DC is 4 hours from NYC. Morgantown  is a little over 3 hours from DC.

There are def more tasers in NYC than Morgantown though. Not sure if that will factor in or not?

paultzman

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »

There are def more tasers in NYC than Morgantown though. Not sure if that will factor in or not?

What would factor in is West Virginia would still take him, in my opinion, if his hearing in June did not go his way. Not sure SJU would, but it could be a moot point if charges are dismissed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:24:57 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2016, 10:30:41 AM »

What would factor in is West Virginia would still take him, in my opinion, if his hearing in June did not go his way. Not sure SJU would, but it could be a moot point if charges are dismissed.

If that is the case I doubt kid waits around a month and would not seem in his best interest to pick us

paultzman

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »

If that is the case I doubt kid waits around a month and would not seem in his best interest to pick us

He could commit to us, based on his legal team's confidence in charges being dismissed, but your point is fair. I am just thinking out loud on this.

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2016, 10:44:20 AM »

He could commit to us, based on his legal team's confidence in charges being dismissed, but your point is fair. I am just thinking out loud on this.

The kid would certainly help this year and would allow unlimited taser jokes which I am pretty happy with. But honestly he will not be a difference maker for us to make the tourney and will take minutes away from Sima /Yakwe and for us the year to circle is really 2017/18 so I am fine personally however this turns out.

paultzman

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »

The kid would certainly help this year and would allow unlimited taser jokes which I am pretty happy with. But honestly he will not be a difference maker for us to make the tourney and will take minutes away from Sima /Yakwe and for us the year to circle is really 2017/18 so I am fine personally however this turns out.

I think he would help Sima from getting worn down and/or manhandled by more physical players, but I too am fine if this does not work out.

mkras99

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2016, 11:15:18 AM »

I think he would help Sima from getting worn down and/or manhandled by more physical players, but I too am fine if this does not work out.

There you go using that "if" word again :)

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2016, 11:18:58 AM »
Why is the tone changing so drastically on this thread? I want him.  He fills an immediate need, preserves a scholarship for '17, and makes us more competitive next season.  He gives the coaching staff options and helps in certain matchups. His coming on does not impede the growth and development of Sima, Yakwe, or Owens.  In fact, he frees them up to play to their strengths.

There is no downside to signing him except for the possible blowback from a PR standpoint.

paultzman

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2016, 11:21:15 AM »
Why is the tone changing so drastically on this thread? I want him.  He fills an immediate need, preserves a scholarship for '17, and makes us more competitive next season.  He gives the coaching staff options and helps in certain matchups. His coming on does not impede the growth and development of Sima, Yakwe, or Owens.  In fact, he frees them up to play to their strengths.

There is no downside to signing him except for the possible blowback from a PR standpoint.

Obviously no downside & I remain positive about getting him.

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »

PR would be great!
ST John's and Livingston "electrify" the Garden
ST John's behind Livingston "jolt" defending champs
I could go on.....

paultzman

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »

PR would be great!
ST John's and Livingston "electrify" the Garden
ST John's behind Livingston "jolt" defending champs
I could go on.....

And you will. :)