Rothstein on Johnnies

• 45 replies
Re: Rothstein on Johnnies
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »
I agree with you the talent is there.

I feel if the two guards can make an impact right away they might make the dance.

Who thought Seton Hall would win the big east tournament last year anything is possible.

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 03:15:52 PM »
All Freshmen backcourt = lowered expectations
True, all Freshman backcourt is a recipe for problems. Unfortunately, we didn't get a nice transfer PG to take some minutes/pressure off Lovett/Ponds. Moose and Ellison are a year older, but sophomores nonetheless. Hopefully with the further development of in-game coaching, the backcourt will play beyond its expectations in Big East play.

Make all the mistakes this year, learn and get some big game experience.  Expectations will be huge for 17-18

Will be huge? They are huge.

The verdict on Mullin's coaching will be determined on whether we make the tourney that year. Theres no question he can recruit.  The big question is can he coach and bring the team together?  If he can, itll be all puppies and rainbows for the foreseable future!

Its also Bash's last year in the program, so Id like to see him do some damage.
What happens if St Johns doesn't get the invite in 17-18?

I think Mullin will have a little tougher time recruiting; and we ll be mired in the middle of the BE for the foresseable future (instead of puppies and rainbows).

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 03:17:07 PM »
I have no expectations but would not be shocked if this team danced.

A 1 and 17 team starting multiple freshmen and all underclassman picked to finish at the bottom of the conference?  I would be floored if they dance.  I sure am looking forward to 11/11 though.

ras

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »
I think dancing is a long shot. I'd like to see them make the NIT and win a game or two.

SJUFAN

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2016, 11:50:57 PM »
I think dancing is a long shot. I'd like to see them make the NIT and win a game or two.

NIT is a reasonable expectation. The challenge for young teams is playing defense. That is where they will have their growing pains.

Wods317

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »

Ageee with you here. Goal should be the NCAA every year but realistically you have to gauge what we would be a success and an NIT bid to me after how poor last season was would be a nice step leading to a huge 17-18 season with a pretty loaded and veteran roster.