Re: Seton Hall Game
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »
Gotta box out Delgato.  What great D the last 5 minutes

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
damn owens unbelievable

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2017, 07:04:37 PM »
Two great defensive possessions down the stretch squandered by the best rebounder in the country.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

cjfish

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2017, 07:04:40 PM »
no  matter what the result is this should be a confidence building game for the team, doing well without the backcourt

cjfish

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »
Owens outplayed Delgado, bodes well for the rest of the season.  Gonna be tough to get him out of the starting lineup after his recent performances.

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2017, 07:10:11 PM »
Good fight.  Now assuming SJU gets it's backcourt back we need to make the next 16 games count with the same effort.

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2017, 07:12:40 PM »
Need the back court back ASAP. Team fought hard but this year no more morale victories probably be +13 at Creighton.

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
I actually like Simon running the point and having a bigger lineup on the floor. He causes some real matchup problems.

Was just thinking of the "Is Simon a PG?" debate from the preseason. Handle is loose but he moves the ball and is pass-first. I think after today we'll definitely see more of him running the point.

Yeah his size/athleticism combo is elite and not many can guards can handle him. I'd like to see him run the point and setup Ponds and LoVett off the ball more.

While his shot can be frustrating, I know full well that he would be in the NBA, or still at Arizona, if he did have a shot.  He really does everything else well.

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »
They played a better brand of team ball without Lovett and Ponds.  I'm not saying that we do not need them (L&P) but they could learn much from the way the team shared the ball tonight.

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »
Need the back court back ASAP. Team fought hard but this year no more morale victories probably be +13 at Creighton.

I normally don't believe in moral victories, but without Lovett and Ponds you have to say that this is a moral victory.  How many people thought that we would lose by 30 before the opening tap.  This will be a tremendous confidence builder.

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2017, 07:54:29 PM »
Think what cost us a chance to win was those two SH possessions where shot clock was winding down we deflected their outside shot and it when straight to Delgado who laid it in as the shot clock was expiring. Those two possessions killed us. Oh what might have been. That said great effort by entire team and hope they understand that with all out hustle like that and with our backcourt returning we can win a lot of games.

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2017, 08:38:59 PM »

Johnny23

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2017, 08:57:47 PM »
I think what this game also showed us is that we have some serious high risers and ballers on this team in Owens and Clark that need to be more involved in the Offense on a consistent basis. Simon's really good at getting into the lane and setting those guys up for a pass or an oop.

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2017, 09:04:00 PM »
Clark 1 rebound

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
agree... the 1 rebound in 38 minutes is light when Owens had 14 and Simon had 8...

Clark does have a sweet looking shot.... shooting 46.8% from 3 for the year and 93.1% from the FT line...

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2017, 09:16:36 PM »
Clark 1 rebound
Really complaining about Clark’s performance tonight?  He played the 3 all game.  Nitpicking.

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »
Think what cost us a chance to win was those two SH possessions where shot clock was winding down we deflected their outside shot and it when straight to Delgado who laid it in as the shot clock was expiring. Those two possessions killed us. Oh what might have been. That said great effort by entire team and hope they understand that with all out hustle like that and with our backcourt returning we can win a lot of games.

That plus when Yakwe hit the side of the board with the hook and then immediately turned it over on the next possession.

He has the worst hands I’ve ever seen at any level.

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »

That plus when Yakwe hit the side of the board with the hook and then immediately turned it over on the next possession.

He has the worst hands I’ve ever seen at any level.
Yes those hurt but was more referencing even when we did something good like played tough D and partially blocking the shot we got hurt anyway in the end.

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2017, 10:17:29 PM »
Clark 1 rebound
Really complaining about Clark’s performance tonight?  He played the 3 all game.  Nitpicking.
Clark 1 rebound

Nitpicking?  He was on the court for 38 mins and gets 1 rebound.