Game 19: @Butler (4:30 FOX)

• 103 replies
Re: Game 19: @Butler (4:30 FOX)
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2019, 07:07:47 PM »
Chris was will always be my favorite player but he can’t Coach. Gempshaw knew he could save money on marketing and donations would flow with Mullin as Coach. After Lavins first 2 and half years the alums turned there backs and Wally Halas couldn’t get blood out of a stone. Time to get a real coach and build and I don’t care what Lou thinks he is the reason, Majerus and Calipari never coached us.

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2019, 07:13:27 PM »
To beat Butler? With our roster if this isn’t a testament of our staff I don’t know what is.

“Today”
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2019, 07:15:26 PM »
I just want some of ya'll to know you're mental. As long as you know.

15-4, 3-4 and jumping off the ledge is funny. This game and DePaul hurt a lot but a chill pill and some perspective is needed. Enjoy your Saturday night. Get some fresh air.

I'm not sure anyone is jumping off a ledge. But surely you can see, with our OOC schedule, and the Big East not being as strong as it usually is, we need to do better than .500 in conference play to make the tournament. A 3-4 start in conference play, with a loss to DePaul at home, makes that a tall task.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:16:17 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2019, 07:18:11 PM »
I'm not sure anyone is jumping off a ledge. But surely you can see, with our OOC schedule, and the Big East not being as strong as it usually is, we need to do better than .500 in conference play to make the tournament. A 3-4 start in conference play, with a loss to DePaul at home, makes that a tall task.

There is literally a dude talking about hiring Rick Pitino when he knows there is no budget at St Johns for strippers and hookers when they barely pay my moms.

Also again, plenty of wins out there to be had. They are a good team that came out flat and couldn't catch up. That was today. You flush it like D'Angelo used to say and get ready for a week from now with GTown at home.

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2019, 07:18:33 PM »
Its the middle of f***ing January. We shouldnt be figuring anything out by this point. At some point, you are what you are. And what we are is a talented but not very well coached team.

You aren’t what you are or aren’t  until March, my man.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:19:02 PM by survivedc »

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2019, 07:22:59 PM »
There is literally a dude talking about hiring Rick Pitino when he knows there is no budget at St Johns for strippers and hookers when they barely pay my moms.

Also again, plenty of wins out there to be had. They are a good team that came out flat and couldn't catch up. That was today. You flush it like D'Angelo used to say and get ready for a week from now with GTown at home.

Okay fair on the Pitino guy. But there is clearly a cause for concern here. This team is too talented to be 3-4 in conference. And it's clear, even in our loses, that we are the more talented team. That's coaching. Our OOC schedule made it so that we did not have much margin for error in conference play. We have put ourselves in a spot where we pretty much have to go 7-4 the rest of the way to be a right side of the bubble team. People have a right to not be all that optimistic.

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
What’s this team won in March, we got no fcking pedigree team hasn’t made it to Friday night of Big East Tournament since 2000. You’re the idiot who talks crap to the Nova fans. One win in 8 fcking years. It’s a joke 3-4 best non conference win VCU. Don’t want hear it unacceptable. Upperclassmen team, also Jay says nice things to keep kicking our ass.

Marillac

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »
Butler played very well. They hit some great shots. We missed at least 15 layupsnand wide open threes. It's not always coaching when we lose. Jesus Christ. This is why it's hard for teams to win on the road.

That ref that called the tech either needs to be let go or he needs a warning. There should be no tolerance for egos from grow men in a college game. LJ didn't do anything all game to deserve a short whistle. He was upset over a close or blown call what sense does it makes to tack on a tech to a call that went against the team? Warn him. Do it demonstrably if you have to.

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
Okay fair on the Pitino guy. But there is clearly a cause for concern here. This team is too talented to be 3-4 in conference. And it's clear, even in our loses, that we are the more talented team. That's coaching. Our OOC schedule made it so that we did not have much margin for error in conference play. We have put ourselves in a spot where we pretty much have to go 7-4 the rest of the way to be a right side of the bubble team. People have a right to not be all that optimistic.

Yeah like I get that. But they haven't lost those games yet. It's not getting late early. I hate losing. Losing sucks. But in my humble ass opinion it is not the time to jump off the Mullin ship, they didn't lose today because of him.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:32:08 PM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2019, 07:32:54 PM »
Why didn’t Matt A. Recruit Ty Jerome?

goredmen

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2019, 07:33:23 PM »

It was the DePaul game that really changed everything. Had Ponds played we'd be 4-3 with the 3 losses being @SHU (robbed), @Villanova and @Butler. Although we are more talented than Butler losing at Hinkle is not a season-killing loss.

I can definitely see us being 7-7 going into the last 4 games of vSHU, vXav, @Dep, @Xav in which we'd have to go 3-1 plus at least 1 win in the BET to be comfortable.

It's unfortunate that at this point in the season we are worrying about making the NCAA Tournament altogether and our seed ceiling is capped pretty low if we were to make the tourney.

SJUFAN

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2019, 07:33:42 PM »

Are you serious? You don’t think Pitino would be successful here with our budget? That’s crazy talk, we have shown that we can bring in the talent. We just haven’t been able to combine the talent with a coach.

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2019, 07:34:15 PM »
Boy that escalated quickly.

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2019, 07:34:26 PM »
Why didn’t Matt A. Recruit Ty Jerome?

Not that you can’t go after both but he got shamorie in that class.

Marillac

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2019, 07:35:06 PM »

I'll give you a pass on this one...but know that I could have thrown it down like Zion. 😆

« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2019, 07:37:28 PM »
Are you serious? You don’t think Pitino would be successful here with our budget? That’s crazy talk, we have shown that we can bring in the talent. We just haven’t been able to combine the talent with a coach.

Buying out Mullin and hiring him is our budget. Again if you remember he was only getting recruits because he was getting them paid and laid. Let him enjoy Greece, Mullin is the coach and he's not bad this year despite what your pre conceived notion is. 

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2019, 07:37:47 PM »
I'll give you a pass on this one...but know that I could have thrown it down like Zion. 😆

The dork? 😁

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2019, 07:40:53 PM »
Our budget has been spent on Mitch doing sht, before that we spent money for Keady doing nothing Coach O’Toole told me him and Keady would have steak dinners and blue label. Telling me Ricky P not in budget I’m sure we can get a couple of $50 slores from Hollis for Rick.

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2019, 07:59:20 PM »
Butler played very well. They hit some great shots. We missed at least 15 layupsnand wide open threes. It's not always coaching when we lose. Jesus Christ. This is why it's hard for teams to win on the road.

That ref that called the tech either needs to be let go or he needs a warning. There should be no tolerance for egos from grow men in a college game. LJ didn't do anything all game to deserve a short whistle. He was upset over a close or blown call what sense does it makes to tack on a tech to a call that went against the team? Warn him. Do it demonstrably if you have to.

Did you not see LJ slam the ball down on the court. Every player every time is getting a T for that as long as the ball comes down.