Game 20: Georgetown 12P@MSG (FOX, 570 AM)

• 220 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Game 20: Georgetown 12P@MSG (FOX, 570 AM)
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2019, 02:33:44 PM »
3 minutes left, 1 possession game and Justin Simon, takes a three. There is no player in college basketball less aware of their limitations than this guy.
The greatness of Mullin. He instills such confidence in players like Simon where he can continue to take and miss those shots. Sorry, this isn’t on the players.

« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2019, 02:37:51 PM »
Here comes the losing streak!

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2019, 02:43:47 PM »
Ponds and Heron played fine other at the end Figs was fine. My problem with Pondd I’m tired of hearing about the draft being a pro prospect. Get this team to the tournament. Simon and Clark today not good again. It comes down to coaching we have team that is not high IQ team with a bad coach.

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
Your embarrassing yourself. I can honestly say I am not a troll and know more about basketball than you think. This team was unprepared from the start. 0 defense again, and 0 ability to make plays on offense because team is wild. Why do you think Simon had so many open looks? Teams know he can’t shoot for shit, and he took bait. Didn’t hit 1 shot that he was open. Clark was launching 3’s instead of penetrating. Yes g town packed middle but sju did nothing to get ball moving to help with easy baskets.

Keep dreaming because Mullin a goner.

Let’s go back and look through your posts and count the original thoughts you’ve added to the discussion. You might be knowledgeable but your incessant Mullin bashing is obnoxious.

Clark should be launching 3’s, if he shoots to his averages this game we win.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2019, 02:49:01 PM »
Disgraceful.

-Packed Garden
-Earn sole position of 3rd place
-National TV audience

-To pull a clunker like this
-Our coach is tying his shoe during a coaches break, which reinforces a stereotype
-Being down two, missing a 3 to take the lead, and then missing too man chip shots, to being caught woth their pants down on defense, to put this game away for GT.

Just disgraceful.

Everyone who cheers and works for this program deserve better.

The fans a
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2019, 02:50:29 PM »
Comes down to Coaching, team never seems prepared. Team is a disaster, you can blame the refs but we do not defend

« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »
Let’s go back and look through your posts and count the original thoughts you’ve added to the discussion. You might be knowledgeable but your incessant Mullin bashing is obnoxious.

Clark should be launching 3’s, if he shoots to his averages this game we win.

outside of Mullin bashing which is warranted, maybe look to see how I will post about certain aspect of games, like certain offensive sets, lack of ball movement and I always compliment team when they win and even tough losses. Oh by the way, when we were down 4 and there was the monitor timeout, instead of coaching, Mullin was trying to play catch with Ewing. whether you want to believe it or not, Mullin deserves everything coming to him from a coaching standpoint- on here and soon to be from administration

goredmen

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2019, 03:25:47 PM »
3-5 with losses at home to DePaul and Georgetown is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Despite the depth issues, a team with a Junior Ponds, Junior Heron, 4th year Junior Simon and 5th year Senior Clark should not be looking at the wrong side of the bubble entering Februrary. Not to mention LJ is really really good.

Starting to feel like the end of the Lavin era in the sense that no matter how much talent we have, the team will underachieve because of the coaching. The infuriating thing is that Mullin passed on bringing Mike Rice aboard on numerous occasions. Now who knows what our record would be with Rice on the bench but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be a massive upgrade in the area in which this team and program is weakest - coaching

wpc77

« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
Coach is a great dude.  Just not a good coach.  Let him rejoin his wife on the west coast.  Start an under the radar search right now and be ready to hire someone quickly in April.  I assume Cragg will cast a wide net but obviously will have the opportunity to make a run at Bobby Hurley, Capel, hell maybe even Mike Brey. 

Time's up, barring a miracle run on Shamorie's shoulders.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:36:06 PM by wpc77 »

goredmen

« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »
I assume Cragg will cast a wide net but obviously will have the opportunity to make a run at Bobby Hurley, Capel, hell maybe even Mike Brey. 

All 3 of those guys will laugh Cragg off the phone in 5 seconds

wpc77

« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »

Probably but it's all about timing.

Brey and his wife have been going through a long divorce for years.  His family is back east.

Hurley might want to be back out here too.

Who knows.  But he has the inside track there. 

« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2019, 03:47:55 PM »
Was anything more embarrassing then when they said lets listen to coach mullin and they panned in and hes tying his shoes and st jean is the one coaching.

Not much more needs to be said.

TONYD3

« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »
All 3 would have considered the job pre coach Mullin’s. Still a good job

Foad

« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »
The infuriating thing is that Mullin passed on bringing Mike Rice aboard on numerous occasions. Now who knows what our record would be with Rice on the bench but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be a massive upgrade in the area in which this team and program is weakest - coaching

The rumor (spread by various posters who claim to be well connected) is that the administration nixed the Rice hire. If so despite the things to be infuriated by - which comprise one thing, losing winnable games - that's not one of them.

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2019, 03:57:54 PM »
Probably but it's all about timing.

Brey and his wife have been going through a long divorce for years.  His family is back east.

Hurley might want to be back out here too.

Who knows.  But he has the inside track there. 

If Bobby Hurley took job, would love to see If Burno comes with him. Lots of potential there with those two

« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2019, 03:58:52 PM »
And just like that, as now St Johns vs Xavier in the Big East tournament playin game

Poison

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2019, 04:09:12 PM »
I like the coach at Stony Brook. Gotta have a coach that wants to put the work in.

Johnny23

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2019, 04:11:10 PM »
With the talent and experience level on this team, the current result is totally unacceptable.

Get Nate Oats from Buffalo after the season, keep the incoming recruiting class and we'll be a damn good team next year with or without Ponds.

I want a real coach with a real system. Not this playground crap. It's a tough, nail biting watch almost every game. It shouldn't be this hard.

goredmen

« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2019, 04:21:11 PM »
The rumor (spread by various posters who claim to be well connected) is that the administration nixed the Rice hire. If so despite the things to be infuriated by - which comprise one thing, losing winnable games - that's not one of them.

I don't recall the administration nixing that hire being the reason Rice never came aboard. I seem to remember the posters you allude to saying that it was Mullin's call. I could be wrong though and you may be right. However, if the administration did nix Rice, Mullin should have upgraded his staff with somebody else. It has been clear for a while now that Mullin needs X's and O's help and he has done nothing to address this while keeping mostly useless Mitch Richmond on staff. Meanwhile, the same issues we've had the past few years have yet to be corrected and we're looking at another season of hosting Stony Brook at Carnesecca in the NIT with a roster talented enough to be a single digit seed in the NCAA Tournament