Game 26: Nova MSG 5P (FS1, 570 AM)

• 183 replies
Re: Game 26: Nova MSG 5P (FS1, 570 AM)
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2019, 02:07:37 AM »
Bryan Trimble is good but he is no Myles Stewart am I right?

« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »
I generally root for them as well, although I think Willard is a total fraud.  But what I don't get is "2nd fiddle" to what?  We don't compete with them for fans or attention.  No one in NY cares about them.  I guess maybe Northeastern NJ but Nova or Rutgers are far bigger threats to steal attention or fans, as Nova seems to own most of that state and Rutgers if it ever got decent might gain market share because of its large alumni base.  Just shocked their board would have so much focus on us. 

I root for SH. But, I think they realize that they will always be 2nd fiddle when we are at least reasonably good. I don’t read other boards, but i’d Guess that PC fans have a similar complex.

« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2019, 07:40:58 AM »
They are your embarrassingly stupid words, not mine. A coach should get a full 40 minutes to prove his "class" and coaching acumen.  Especially from those purporting to be fans of the team he coaches.

Premature ejaculation always makes someone unhappy.

Embarrassing? Get a clue Mullin lover. Guy has done a good job this year, but he is still a way below average coach.

Foad

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2019, 07:56:38 AM »
I can’t take it anymore. Trimble is trash. He had a couple of good plays but literally did nothing else and y’all are acting like he’s Rodman. The team had a nice win, let’s not act like we won the #$%^in NCAA tournament championship and name the building after Mullin. We’ve seen this movie before. Not the first time they had a nice win. Im still waiting to see a nice team, meaning consistency. Let’s see them finish 12-6.

You seem a tad distraught. Maybe have a nice lie down on the divan with your Steve Lavin bobblehead until they lose on Wednesday, that'll set your spirits right.

Marillac

« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2019, 08:12:55 AM »
Embarrassing? Get a clue Mullin lover. Guy has done a good job this year, but he is still a way below average coach.

Why are you so angry...we just punched our ticket to the dance man. Enjoy it.

« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2019, 08:18:45 AM »
Seriously if you can't enjoy what happened Sunday combined with where we are right now after the past 3 years, you may as well start rooting for another team

« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2019, 09:14:26 AM »
Glad to see us go dancing. Proved me wrong against Nova and I admit that. However, I still want Mullin to get Xs and Os guy in. We want to be Elite and become a Nova. We want to have the top 5 recruits to consider Queens every year. Let this start a new era of consistency with the program and less roller coasters. Let's get renovations to make our facilities better.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:14:47 AM by friendofjohnnie »

« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2019, 11:02:37 AM »
Glad to see us go dancing. Proved me wrong against Nova and I admit that. However, I still want Mullin to get Xs and Os guy in. We want to be Elite and become a Nova. We want to have the top 5 recruits to consider Queens every year. Let this start a new era of consistency with the program and less roller coasters. Let's get renovations to make our facilities better.

Agree about the facilities needing improvement. Mullin is well on his way to creating that consistency and he already has a system and seems to be recruiting for that system.

As I’ve said many times before, I think the X’s and O’s Coach is an overblown need. St Jean is doing well and learning. I want a leader as a head coach and that’s what Mullin brings.

cjfish

« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2019, 11:19:41 AM »

An average coach doesn't go 3-1 against the top teams in the conference.  Your thinking is simplistic, when we win it is all on the players....when we lose its the fault of the staff.  In reality it is always 75% or better on the players no matter what, Mullin cant think for them.  If this team plays smart and is aggressive from the opening tip they will be tough on anyone.   

SJUFAN

« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
Bryan Trimble is good but he is no Myles Stewart am I right?

No. Each of them are bad. The difference is we all agree that Stewart was but for some reason Trimble isn’t? Because he plays within himself? Cause he’s a battler? I’m tired of dumping on the young man. They all have a role, let’s not make their contributions bigger than they are.

« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2019, 02:14:25 PM »

"Mullin getting outclassed and out coached... shocker"

These are the words YOU chose to write describing a huge St. John's win against the 1st place team in the conference; 13th ranked team nationally; winner of two of the last three National Championships and defending National Champion.

Yeah, I'll stick with embarrassing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:15:04 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »
We want to be Elite and become a Nova. 

Yeah, and I want money; a mansion; fancy cars; a large penis; and to date swimsuit models.

Ain't happening.

I think your options are to be tickled pink if we just make the Ncaa tournament and recognize that as a great success for this team and staff; or go adopt a different team.

Foad

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »
I’m tired of dumping on the young man.

Yeah you sound exhausted.

Just so I have this straight:

Jamal Branch who in 22 minutes pg as a senior averaged

4.8 pts / 2.5 rebounds / 2.4 assists / 43 percent FG / 19 percent 3 pt / 69 percent FT

single handedly comprised the deepest bench in recent SJ history and Brian Trimble who in 17 minutes as a freshman averaged

3.1 points / 1.2 rebs shooting / .4 assists / 57 % FG / 32 % three point / .86 % FT

he's "trash."

« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2019, 12:39:14 AM »
Maybe being "Transfer U" and JUCO U ain't so bad after all
Heron is not the typical transfer:
- He had (very) good numbers in his previous (good) school.
- And he didn´t have to sit out.

SJUFAN

« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2019, 01:52:57 AM »
Yeah you sound exhausted.

Just so I have this straight:

Jamal Branch who in 22 minutes pg as a senior averaged

4.8 pts / 2.5 rebounds / 2.4 assists / 43 percent FG / 19 percent 3 pt / 69 percent FT

single handedly comprised the deepest bench in recent SJ history and Brian Trimble who in 17 minutes as a freshman averaged

3.1 points / 1.2 rebs shooting / .4 assists / 57 % FG / 32 % three point / .86 % FT

he's "trash."

Trimble is shooting 35% from the field. He can’t dribble, can’t pass, can’t create his own shot, can’t defend guards in space, has more turnovers than assists. If you need more evidence that he’s garbage he’s playing even less minutes this year than last year. That is never a good sign. Think he transfers next year.

Lavins bench wasn’t good, but it was better than this beach. Williams and Roberts could develop to be better than anyone Lavin had on that bench, but as of today they’re not.

Poison

« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2019, 02:12:52 AM »
No. Each of them are bad. The difference is we all agree that Stewart was but for some reason Trimble isn’t? Because he plays within himself? Cause he’s a battler? I’m tired of dumping on the young man. They all have a role, let’s not make their contributions bigger than they are.

Maybe some people are too high on Trimble. Still, I think you are overlooking a very important defensive assignment.

Paschall owned us in Philly, but this time Trimble took him completely out of his game.

Also shows me some character in the kid. He’s not a starter. He’s not a focal point of the offense at any time, but he takes defense more seriously than anyone else on the team. He doesn’t take plays off.

Everyone keeps comparing him to Lavin’s bench players. I think he fills a similar role defensively to what Cedric Jackson gave us. Neither guy could score, but they could d up - because they cared enough to.

« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2019, 06:58:58 AM »
Maybe some people are too high on Trimble. Still, I think you are overlooking a very important defensive assignment.

Paschall owned us in Philly, but this time Trimble took him completely out of his game.

Also shows me some character in the kid. He’s not a starter. He’s not a focal point of the offense at any time, but he takes defense more seriously than anyone else on the team. He doesn’t take plays off.

Everyone keeps comparing him to Lavin’s bench players. I think he fills a similar role defensively to what Cedric Jackson gave us. Neither guy could score, but they could d up - because they cared enough to.

FTR Trimble can score, he has shown that. I think his issue is that he is an extreme rhythm and confidence guy and isn’t always able to get himself going. With the guys around him now I’m fine with that.

If he sticks it out till his senior year I think he is gonna average close to 10 a game as a starter.

Foad

« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2019, 07:37:26 AM »
I’m tired of dumping on the young man.

he’s garbage.

Got your second wind I see.

Foad

« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2019, 07:46:52 AM »

Obviously he's worked hard over the past year to remedy his conditioning issues. He's fundamentally sound and I suspect the dirty work he does on the floor is exactly what the staff asks him to do, otherwise he wouldn't be there. He seems like a good kid in general and is just the sort of four year player every program needs. So I can understand why the worst fan base in the world shits on him.

Poison

« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2019, 08:16:51 AM »
Obviously he's worked hard over the past year to remedy his conditioning issues. He's fundamentally sound and I suspect the dirty work he does on the floor is exactly what the staff asks him to do, otherwise he wouldn't be there. He seems like a good kid in general and is just the sort of four year player every program needs. So I can understand why the worst fan base in the world shits on him.

What the shit is a 4 year player?