NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch

• 321 replies
Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 05:54:45 PM »
Rather than focusing on one or two bracket guys that have been proven to not know much, this is a good source to find averages of over 100 "bracketologists". Wisdom of the crowd >

http://bracketmatrix.com/
A meta analysis of bracketology. Concerned about @Providence, we should go 3-2 rest of the regular season

Johnny23

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »
They should go 3-2 down the stretch but 2-3 wouldn't be surprising with this Jekyll/hyde group.

22-9, 10-8 would be nice. 1 win in the BET probably gets us a 9 seed with an outside chance at an 8. Wanna stay off that line to avoid a #1 seed in round 2.

jr49

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 08:33:18 PM »
I think we need to go 4-1 down the stretch and at least make it to the quarters of the BET to jump to a 6 but I think we only go 3-2 down the stretch

W at Providence
L @ home vs Seton Hall (yes this would suck)
W @ home vs Xavier
W @ DePaul
L @ Xavier

A loss to the hall at a sold out MSG with what happened in NJ. Did ya have to do that?

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 08:40:39 PM »
I think we need to go 4-1 down the stretch and at least make it to the quarters of the BET to jump to a 6 but I think we only go 3-2 down the stretch

W at Providence
L @ home vs Seton Hall (yes this would suck)
W @ home vs Xavier
W @ DePaul
L @ Xavier

The only teams that don't make the BE T quarters are the losers of the 8-9 and 7-10 Wednesday night opening round games so in your scenario we would already be in quarters. Let's at least win a game and make the always exciting Friday night semis.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2019, 08:51:13 PM »
https://herosports.com/ncaa-tournament/quadrant-1-wins-team-sheets-st-johns-villanova-ahah

People complained about the schedule, but st. John’s has 5 quad 1 wins (should actually be 6 if not for the seton hall ref job). 5 is more than Tennessee and 5-4 is better than 5-5 UNC. Michigan as an example is 6-3 in quad 1, which is where St. John’s should be. I think I also saw somewhere that st. John’s is 4-0 in Quad 2. Resume is a bit better than I previously thought. A 6 seed is a distinct possibility.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 01:42:30 AM »
We are 100%, going to be the 8-9 game against Syracuse. The committee will not be able to contain itself on that one.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 09:11:29 AM »
Rather than focusing on one or two bracket guys that have been proven to not know much, this is a good source to find averages of over 100 "bracketologists". Wisdom of the crowd >

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Thanks for sharing this!

Lunardi Update today had us a 9.

Lets beat Providence Wednesday to set up a Huge game Saturday with a Sold out Garden
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:12:14 AM by talkbigeast »

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »
I feel in the end we are going to get a 6 seed. We go 4-1 plus 1 win in the BE tourney. Our resume looks better than most give us credit for. Look at VA Tech and some of these other schools ahead of us for seeding. They have beaten no one.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 11:04:29 AM »
8 Seed in CBS
9 Seed in ESPN

Matrix has us 8 Seed as of today.

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 02:18:10 PM »
Howie Schwab has us as a 12 seed

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2019, 02:20:21 PM »
Howie Schwab has us as a 12 seed

He’s been 1-2 behind most everyone else all year. Maybe he’s right but 6 quad 1 wins is a lot.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 02:38:07 PM »
He’s been 1-2 behind most everyone else all year. Maybe he’s right but 6 quad 1 wins is a lot.

He's a St. John's guy, so I'm wondering if he's going out of his way to not show favoritism.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
8 Seed in CBS
9 Seed in ESPN

Matrix has us 8 Seed as of today.

Yeah, but CBS has us in Duke's region, ESPN's in Virginia's. 

I think I like where Lunardi has better, actually.

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »
Schwab is the only one in the matrix listed as the 12 seed...couple of 11 sprinkled in but the majority is 8/9

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
i
Yeah, but CBS has us in Duke's region, ESPN's in Virginia's. 

I think I like where Lunardi has better, actually.

i agree would like to have that set up lunardi has if that was the half of bracket for st. johns.....lets go beat Nova so people can stop talking about NIT and all this nonsense the last couple of days

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »
We are 100%, going to be the 8-9 game against Syracuse. The committee will not be able to contain itself on that one.

One good thing about that matchup, if it happens, is that we will not be meeting Duke in the Round of 32, should we win.

Because Duke and Syracuse will have met twice (at least), they can not play each other that round.  Round of 32 can feature rematches of teams who have played each other once, but that's it.  If you've played twice, you can't meet each other until the round of 16, and not until the round of 8 if you've met three times.

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 12:08:31 AM »
3 games left. All winnable for St. John's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 12:25:23 AM »
I think with tonight's win, as long as we win one more and don't lose bad, we're in. I think the committee Will show us favor because we really should be 9-6 in the Big East. I know we're not, but there is absolutely no doubt we should be. The conference even admitted after the first Seton Hall game as much. Obviously I'd like to see us get hot before the tourney, but I feel very comfortable about being in. I would rest Heron if he's hurt, and anyone else who is dinged up. Let's get healthy, and try and win a couple in the Big East tourney and take that momentum into the NCAAs

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 02:28:29 AM »
3 games left. All winnable for St. John's.

We're not winning all three. Two would be incredible. One would be acceptable. Zero would be anxiety inducing.

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2019, 06:04:22 AM »
Big East only getting 3 in this year?