Next Year...

• 312 replies
Re: Next Year...
« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:01 PM »
I'm not. He's a desperate for attention drama queen who gossips like a fish wife. 

But you’re fine with attention seeking right?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2019, 03:16:22 PM »
But you’re fine with attention seeking right?

I post on this board my opinions about SJ basketball, as does everyone who posts on these boards. I don't pretend to have inside information. I don't make vague allusions to things I sense I might have heard. I don't stalk teenagers on Instagram and interpret their emojis. I don't start rumors, like last summer's about oh my god I sense Matt - oh my god who is he following - is leaving for LSU. I don't make cryptic statements designed to portray myself as a wise old owl: oooo, what does your avatar mean, you've changed it again. And I don't slander teenagers: I have a very long paper trail and you'd be hard pressed to find me talking shit about anything other than their performance on the court, as opposed to posting things about their academic performance and character. Other than that you make a good point.

pmg911

« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2019, 03:21:28 PM »

Who the f*ck would want to coach here after the face of the goddamn programs gets run out of town after making the tournament for the fourth time in 19 years?!

Some of these guys are truly pathetic. Our fan base is a cesspool.

Two of your better posts..!!

derk

« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2019, 03:58:19 PM »
Hearing that Jeff Wolfinger stole Erick Barley's SUV. Sense this will not end well.

Is he Jack's nasty brother

« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2019, 03:59:24 PM »
You have described Putzman correctly. I think he probably sits in his Mothers basement searching the internet all day for St. John's related stories. Then he uses weasel words to cover his ass as to the veracity of his "fact". Then our stupid fan base ignores the weasel words and runs with his posts as if they were facts.

SJUFAN

« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »
First of all nobody is on par with Norm. Norm was truly awful. He went 6-12 with 11 juniors and Mase Jr. as a 5th year senior in his sixth season. The two years prior he was 6-12 and 5-13.

Mullin went 4-14 years in conference last year with a good team. He has the same exact number of BE wins as norm did 4 seasons in. That’s not on Par? Oh yeah your probably right norm played in the old BE.

He did make the NCAA tournament, let’s see what he does next year.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:27:36 PM by SJUFAN »

Foad

« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2019, 04:32:19 PM »

« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2019, 06:25:40 PM »
You have got Paultzman so wrong. Negative shit bag? You’re better than this.

Yea I don't know where this is coming from. I personally really value when guys bring rumors/news/insights to the boards. That's why we're all here.

Also he's never ever combative with anyone. Why cast shade? Not cool.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »
Look at his last 50 posts. His avatar changes. His tone. His PM crusade. There is no more negative force in our fan base. It’s disgusting. Mullin’s brother does two weeks ago.

I think the avatar changes are a fun quirk. Again don't see an issue here at all.

« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2019, 06:33:28 PM »
Guys I think over the past decade we've kept things pretty loose here. I have a simple rule and that is to talk basketball and not about each other.

I don't like where this thread is going and people becoming vicious at each other for contributions other members make to the boards.

Lets talk about the program next year or we lock the topic and move onto something else.

« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2019, 06:41:33 PM »
I think Mullin going to surprise a lot of folks next year. He showed us he can chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time. I’m looking forward to seeing him brush his teeth next year in the huddle and tie his shoes. To me, that’s when I will believe real progress has been made by him.

« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2019, 06:42:27 PM »
I post on this board my opinions about SJ basketball, as does everyone who posts on these boards. I don't pretend to have inside information. I don't make vague allusions to things I sense I might have heard. I don't stalk teenagers on Instagram and interpret their emojis. I don't start rumors, like last summer's about oh my god I sense Matt - oh my god who is he following - is leaving for LSU. I don't make cryptic statements designed to portray myself as a wise old owl: oooo, what does your avatar mean, you've changed it again. And I don't slander teenagers: I have a very long paper trail and you'd be hard pressed to find me talking shit about anything other than their performance on the court, as opposed to posting things about their academic performance and character. Other than that you make a good point.

I’m not gonna blame someone for sharing what they have heard  - often times with the caveat of not taking it as gospel - for others getting hysterical over avatar changes and twitter rumors. Much like you, this board is better when he’s a part of it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »
Triggered fan base

Marillac

« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2019, 07:33:31 PM »
We have some very troubled fans with all kinds of mental illness. Stalking Instagram and Twitter accounts is pathetic enough, but the things they write to players and recruits are just sick.

NYC has a complaining and entitled sports culture and many of our fans bring that same mentality to a second tier college program.

As for Paultz, he isn’t giving information. He is teasing a complete collapse at a time where dozens of mentally ill fans are looking to him for reasons to attack players, staff, and recruits. He difference between him and Tom in Salem is just credibility.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:36:16 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »
We have some very troubled fans with all kinds of mental illness. Stalking Instagram and Twitter accounts is sick enough, but the things they write to players and recruits are just sick.

NYC has a complaining and entitled sports culture and many of our fans bring that same mentality to a second tier college program.

As for Paultz, he isn’t giving information. He is teasing a complete collapse at a time where dozens of mentally ill fans are looking to him for reasons to attack players, staff, and recruits. He difference between him and Tom in Salem is just credibility.
Instagram and Twitter maybe but the St. John's boards are really not that bad and I'm sure there are many schools much worse probably the more winning programs.

« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »
Yea I don't know where this is coming from. I personally really value when guys bring rumors/news/insights to the boards. That's why we're all here.

Also he's never ever combative with anyone. Why cast shade? Not cool.
The ones who complain the most about the fan base are often times the worst offenders.

Dan

« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2019, 11:27:40 PM »
Paultz is almost always right and marillac is almost always wrong. Nothing has changed.

Marillac

« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2019, 11:53:25 PM »
Paultz is almost always right and marillac is almost always wrong. Nothing has changed.

Oh look Chicken Little himself decided to grace us with his presence outside of a game thread. Thanks for checking in before your anxiety meds kicked in. All the best.

Rodman

« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2019, 12:03:28 AM »
I am astounded anyone would go after Paultz.  What has he done to antagonize anyone?  But then I have to remember there is a lot of psychosis on this board.  There is not much news out there so some feel the need to take a shot at someone.  Most of the time I have appreciated foad's posts as witty and entertaining.  This seems petty and even out of character.  Cant we all just get along.  I am not a New Yorker.  Just a kid from California.  But I have lived and died with the Johnnies since the days of Mullin and Berry.  But, after this season I may be moving on.  I see no future for this program with its current leadership regime. 

Marillac

« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2019, 12:31:37 AM »
I am astounded anyone would go after Paultz.  What has he done to antagonize anyone?  But then I have to remember there is a lot of psychosis on this board.  There is not much news out there so some feel the need to take a shot at someone.  Most of the time I have appreciated foad's posts as witty and entertaining.  This seems petty and even out of character.  Cant we all just get along.  I am not a New Yorker.  Just a kid from California.  But I have lived and died with the Johnnies since the days of Mullin and Berry.  But, after this season I may be moving on.  I see no future for this program with its current leadership regime. 

He’s basically Jigsaw from the Saw movies with his games and clues.

https://youtu.be/UP8Pp6WqYeA