Departures and Arrivals Thread

• 189 replies

Poison

Re: Departures and Arrivals Thread
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2019, 12:14:14 AM »
Maybe Anderson has to recruit a pass first lead guard to get Figueroa to stay. Williams is a pipe dream at the point.

Whatever chance we have at being competitive hinges on LJ returning.

It is baffling to think that he’d consider sitting out for a year to leave St.John’s. I just don’t get it. Does he not have friends on the team? Maybe he’s always dreamed of playing for Western Kentucky. I’m lost here.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:18:00 AM by Poison »

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2019, 06:05:03 AM »
As in if he wasn't there it would be a slap in the face? I disagree, if he is exploring transferring he doesn't have a tie to Coach Anderson. By him being there he started planting the seed that he'd return

No my point was if LJ was commited to returning and play for MA then why trip to wku.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2019, 08:17:45 AM »
No my point was if LJ was commited to returning and play for MA then why trip to wku.

Who would turn down a free trip to Kentucky?

cjfish

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2019, 08:59:45 AM »
I noticed some of that as well, on top of Eli Wright touching his face non stop with his sleeve like a damn 4 year old with a lollipop.

OCD, give the kid a break

Marillac

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2019, 09:13:01 AM »
Who would turn down a free trip to Kentucky?

Yeah, it’s nowhere near as thrilling as you watching ISU in Normal, Ill  :2funny:

I have a ranch nearby. It’s gorgeous and Bowling Green is a fun legit college town less than an hour from Nashville.  The girls are beautiful.

But Poison only likes areas with buildings that are hundreds of years old that have decaying pipes and rust and are infested with rats.

Close-minded.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:25:31 AM by Marillac »

Poison

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2019, 03:07:20 PM »
Yeah, it’s nowhere near as thrilling as you watching ISU in Normal, Ill  :2funny:

I have a ranch nearby. It’s gorgeous and Bowling Green is a fun legit college town less than an hour from Nashville.  The girls are beautiful.

But Poison only likes areas with buildings that are hundreds of years old that have decaying pipes and rust and are infested with rats.

Close-minded.

I should be more open minded like people in Kentucky. Got it.

Actually, in all seriousness, the Kappa is a fine strip club if it’s still open. Wasn’t more than 20 minutes from campus.

I went there after watching Norm Roberts show 10,000 fans his hot potato offense.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:25:24 PM by Poison »

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2019, 04:43:26 PM »

Bigotry goes both ways.

sju89tr

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »
I really want LJ to stay but if these kids are so unhappy and are willing to sit out a year and be a 23 year old junior at another institution then see ya. We need a new feeling of contentment at St Johns rather than the constant turmoil.   

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2019, 05:44:02 PM »
I have a ranch nearby. 
Who knew Marillac is a blue grass Ben Cartwright?  Can I come stay at your ranch and go to Keeneland?  I'll milk cows, bail hay or herd cattle to pay my way.

Marillac

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »

Actually, in all seriousness, the Kappa is a fine strip club if it’s still open. Wasn’t more than 20 minutes from campus.

I went there after watching Norm Roberts show 10,000 fans his hot potato offense.

No, trying to generalize everyone based on where they live seems more prudent. As you were.

« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2019, 03:02:28 PM »
Keita has received his release to transfer.  Not a huge loss but god damn can't we just have one day to enjoy the McGriff commit without any bad news.

goredmen

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2019, 03:14:01 PM »
Keita has received his release to transfer.  Not a huge loss but god damn can't we just have one day to enjoy the McGriff commit without any bad news.

Keita leaving is not bad news

Poison

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2019, 03:15:49 PM »

I have nothing against Keita, but I think he’d be more comfortable playing a level down in competition.

Some people have mentioned that his knee is the reason why he’s struggled. It’s not. He doesn’t have good basketball instincts. Rob Thomas for example, destroyed his knee, was no longer an athlete but had good instincts for the game so he made plays.

Hofstra would be a good choice. Iona, too. Good luck Sedee.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:16:53 PM by Poison »

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2019, 03:20:57 PM »
Keita leaving is not bad news
No matter how you slice it losing big man depth on an already thin roster is not good news.  Replacing Keita with a freshman 2 star/ no star recruit like Chris Maidoh is not a net positive.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:22:10 PM by colelatshaw2010 »

sju89tr

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2019, 03:31:12 PM »
No matter how you slice it losing big man depth on an already thin roster is not good news.  Replacing Keita with a freshman 2 star/ no star recruit like Chris Maidoh is not a net positive.

Key is to go out and replace Keita with a grad transfer big guy who can eat minutes There has to be kids out there like that and getting a grad transfer who can play 20 minutes at PG would not hurt either

Getting the feeling LJ may not be back either   

sju89tr

« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2019, 03:33:58 PM »
Currently there are 2 PG and 4 bigs available with immediatye eligibility. We have at least 4 ships left. Use 2 on grad transfers and another on a high school big. 

Johnny23

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »

Maidoh has way more upside than Keita. Big picture.

Poison

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2019, 03:42:00 PM »

I’ll take my chances with Maidoh.
He doesn’t look like a two star to me. Most freshman don’t know what they’re doing. Keita was behind the freshman Roberts in basketball IQ by February. That says a lot.

Johnny23

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2019, 03:44:21 PM »
Anderson has a plan and it's cool to see him putting it in place. It's nice to see things moving along quick with recruits and roster personnel unlike the painful last 4 years where it always felt like we were waiting and waiting for nothing.

« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2019, 03:47:36 PM »
What part of his 0/0/0 slash line are we going to miss? No offense, no rebounds, no blocked shots. Without any big man coaching, Roberts had better instincts in the paint. More light for Roberts and Steere.