Steve DeMeo

• 360 replies

Marillac

Re: Steve DeMeo
« Reply #340 on: June 09, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »
Forget that. Name some available grad transfers right now that you would be satisfied with that a middling Big East program should have a chance with regardless of their coach is.

Is this a serious question?
Derryk Thornton, Shakur Juiston, Victor Bailey, Anthony Mathis, Cormac Ryan, and Kerry Balckshear (who is visiting the newly hired coach at Arkansas) off the top of my head. Likely 2 dozen more easily better than the pair that visited.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 08:09:13 PM by Marillac »

goredmen

« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2019, 08:31:18 PM »
Is this a serious question?
Derryk Thornton, Shakur Juiston, Victor Bailey, Anthony Mathis, Cormac Ryan, and Kerry Balckshear (who is visiting the newly hired coach at Arkansas) off the top of my head. Likely 2 dozen more easily better than the pair that visited.

Lol damn you're an idiot and a walking contradiction.

Staff took a crack at Thornton but he's gonna end up at Gonzaga, ya know one of the 10 most successful programs of this century.

Juiston is a player at a position not of immediate need so no reason for him to really consider playing here. If he wants to come back to this area he'd do it at SHU.

Victor Bailey is going to Tennessee, a team that just went to the Sweet 16 and has been a 2 and 3 seed the past couple of seasons.

SJU is not nearly good enough academically for Cormac Ryan to consider.

Kerry Blackshear is the hottest transfer name in the country and has been contacted by pretty much everybody. This is a complete and total pipe dream.

None of these players you could reasonably expect to consider SJU no matter who the coach is, especially a guy hired in April after a search that was a national embarrassment.

If Anderson is still landing these mediocre players and nobody better over the next couple of seasons then there is reason to be concerned. But you are an idiot if you expected him to land anybody of the caliber you mentioned. And you are an idiot.

Marillac

« Reply #342 on: June 09, 2019, 11:39:24 PM »
Lol damn you're an idiot and a walking contradiction.

Staff took a crack at Thornton but he's gonna end up at Gonzaga, ya know one of the 10 most successful programs of this century.

Juiston is a player at a position not of immediate need so no reason for him to really consider playing here. If he wants to come back to this area he'd do it at SHU.

Victor Bailey is going to Tennessee, a team that just went to the Sweet 16 and has been a 2 and 3 seed the past couple of seasons.

SJU is not nearly good enough academically for Cormac Ryan to consider.

Kerry Blackshear is the hottest transfer name in the country and has been contacted by pretty much everybody. This is a complete and total pipe dream.

None of these players you could reasonably expect to consider SJU no matter who the coach is, especially a guy hired in April after a search that was a national embarrassment.

If Anderson is still landing these mediocre players and nobody better over the next couple of seasons then there is reason to be concerned. But you are an idiot if you expected him to land anybody of the caliber you mentioned. And you are an idiot.

You are so fast to call me an idiot whenever I disagree with you.  I went to two Ivy League schools, have a law degree, and passed the bar exam. None of those things alone qualify someone as intelligent, but they do take being an idiot out of the equation.

I have no idea what you mean by contradiction. You have an excuse for everything—every player I named. Guess what? The 5’3 280 lb Matt A landed Simon and Clark over dozens of schools. There is no way St. John’s measured up to 90% of those suitors.

And Blackshear is visiting Arkansas. Their program is on par with St. John’s historically, we were better last year, and we could be better than them this year.

We don’t need a PF like Juiston? That’s insanity. We don’t have a single proven front court player. We just landed a 2* JUCO who hasn’t played a minute of D-1 ball. Juiston would play 30 mpg here and be a top three player.

pmg911

« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2019, 01:05:52 PM »
You are so fast to call me an idiot whenever I disagree with you.  I went to two Ivy League schools, have a law degree, and passed the bar exam.

Inquiring minds want to know..

What two Ivy League schools did you go to..? I thought you graduated from St. John's..?

Marillac

« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2019, 02:35:57 PM »

What two Ivy League schools did you go to..? I thought you graduated from St. John's..?

Cornell and Columbia. I transferred into St. John’s for football due to a lack of guidance and my love for the school—and there was a girl involved.

pmg911

« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2019, 02:46:26 PM »
Cornell and Columbia. I transferred into St. John’s for football due to a lack of guidance and my love for the school—and there was a girl involved.

what was the order of attendance..?

Marillac

« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »
what was the order of attendance..?

Cornell-SJU-Columbia

Poison

« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »

The Ivy League of Kentucky, of course.

« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2019, 04:30:26 PM »

Cornell-SJU-Columbia
Did Columbia accept any of your credits from SJU?

Marillac

« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2019, 05:23:18 PM »
Did Columbia accept any of your credits from SJU?

I went there for grad school, but of course they would.

There is not much of a difference between undergraduate schools once you are accepted unless you have one of a handful of majors like engineering.

« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »
I went there for grad school, but of course they would.

There is not much of a difference between undergraduate schools once you are accepted unless you have one of a handful of majors like engineering.

Grad school meaning Columbia Law or if not where did you go for law school. To get back to topic let's hope Demeo can bring in some cruits.

Marillac

« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2019, 06:20:13 PM »
Grad school meaning Columbia Law or if not where did you go for law school. To get back to topic let's hope Demeo can bring in some cruits.

Jesus Christ. I’m not going to type out my whole bio. I like to enjoy the relative anonymity I have left.

« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »
It has been a long time since I posted a comment but I have to say, most of you are miserable mean peeps! It is getting hard to read this forum. I can't believe that anyone has the stones to say anything negative about this staff after two months especially given the fact that all of the good players are already off the shelf.   Everyone grow up!

Foad

« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »
Jesus Christ. I’m not going to type out my whole bio. I like to enjoy the relative anonymity I have left.

At least tell us your SAT scores.

wpc77

« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2019, 07:42:47 PM »
Are we measuring dick sizes next? Asking for a friend
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:43:06 PM by wpc77 »

« Reply #355 on: February 03, 2020, 07:09:05 AM »
Trust me, we are used to it. Hogville gets way worse, I say positive stuff about Mike Anderson on that board and I get banned for life. People can’t handle the truth, you are about to see a coach that just got fired from his beloved school who is on fire right now and in the best shape of his life. He is about to prove everybody wrong, I could care less about how many 5 stars he gets, the 3 and 4 stars he gets will play their butts off and make-up for it, it has happened his whole coaching career.

Lol

Marillac

« Reply #356 on: February 04, 2020, 02:39:22 AM »
Lol

Jon Snow is the Arkansas poster that I like the most. The King in the North!

« Reply #357 on: July 29, 2021, 10:52:33 PM »
I'm just disappointed we signed McGriff when you could have easily gotten Nah'Shon Hyland who just signed with VCU. A lot of high majors wanted Hyland to redshirt because he's physically not ready but the talent level is significantly higher.

Sprinkle in a grad transfer and we could have been rocking with all efforts on 2021.

In all seriousness and it's understandable Coach Anderson in April had no idea who he was watching. McGriff got playing time in the game he was watching because his other teammate missed the bus. It's pretty wild.

Bones Hyland 1st round NBA Draft pick
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2021, 12:17:53 AM »
Very poor effort at patting yourself on the back Dave. :)

I'm gonna have Marillac give you pointers and talking about yourself in the 3rd person will help too.

Perhaps edit and write " Johnnyjungle popping a boner over his great call on Bones Hyland "

goredmen

« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2021, 12:11:46 PM »

Definitely don't read through the comments on the Julian Champagnie thread...