Steve DeMeo

• 360 replies
Re: Steve DeMeo
« Reply #260 on: June 06, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »
I think I'm noticing some of you guys making it a us and them take on the coach. It's really not like that.

You can have criticism or concerns without being against. No one is right or wrong but it's ok to talk through
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2019, 10:32:52 AM »
I think I'm noticing some of you guys making it a us and them take on the coach. It's really not like that.

You can have criticism or concerns without being against. No one is right or wrong but it's ok to talk through

Are you still of the opinion that this staff is far inferior to that of Norms?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2019, 10:42:02 AM »

If anyone doesn’t have even a small concern over recruiting thus far they are either braindead or naive af.

The grad transfer market is absurd and we haven’t even gotten a visit! There are coaches that have just been hired who have landed transfers.

« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2019, 12:01:58 PM »
If anyone doesn’t have even a small concern over recruiting thus far they are either braindead or naive af.

The grad transfer market is absurd and we haven’t even gotten a visit! There are coaches that have just been hired who have landed transfers.

You want middle ground and also say it’s “abundantly clear” CMA won’t recruit great here. You’ve been against his staff before it was put together. You have Mullins staff post slice a c+ and this staff a B-?

I can understand concern and not appointing this new staff as great or a home run but I don’t understand how against it you are.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2019, 01:23:41 PM »

Are you still of the opinion that this staff is far inferior to that of Norms?

I think the staff is well rounded and complimentary. Coach Anderson was thoughtful and deliberate with assembling the staff.

Overall it's better than Norm's staff but I'm still concerned with current relevance of staff. I think they are competent and with hustle can make necessary inroads. Cleveland is relatively an unknown to me so I'm unsure of immediate returns there.

I think the staff needs to really pinpoint areas of focus because they can't afford to swing and miss whether that be chasing a guy and not getting him or adding a player who has no business being in the program. As of right now the first 3 recruits fall into the latter imo. There is somewhat of a pass to make sure we have healthy warm bodies but there needs to be elevation in talent.

« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2019, 01:28:27 PM »

I'm just disappointed we signed McGriff when you could have easily gotten Nah'Shon Hyland who just signed with VCU. A lot of high majors wanted Hyland to redshirt because he's physically not ready but the talent level is significantly higher.

Sprinkle in a grad transfer and we could have been rocking with all efforts on 2021.

In all seriousness and it's understandable Coach Anderson in April had no idea who he was watching. McGriff got playing time in the game he was watching because his other teammate missed the bus. It's pretty wild.

SJUFAN

« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2019, 01:40:40 PM »

Maybe CMA doesn’t want to build this program with transfers. Perhaps his preference is to build through HS kids. You said they aren’t recruiting any top 75 kids and that’s a blatant lie. They have offered a number of top 75 kids begining with the 2020 class. So not I have no concern with his recruiting so far.

He beat a Providence team last year with his young players. Our team with a plethora of 5 and 4 star recruits lost to them twice. I believe in time he will recruit better for us than at Arkansas. Let’s see what he does with his last two ships.

« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2019, 02:11:54 PM »

Marillac has to be the most disillusioned, borderline insane fan I have ever seen post on a board.  In one post he tempers expectations, then he raises them.  Do you have multi personality disorder or schizophrenia?  If not you are pathetic as a fan

Marillac

« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2019, 02:30:11 PM »
Marillac has to be the most disillusioned, borderline insane fan I have ever seen post on a board.  In one post he tempers expectations, then he raises them.  Do you have multi personality disorder or schizophrenia?  If not you are pathetic as a fan

Option 3:  you are stupid.

Where have I raised expectations? This recruiting effort has been nothing short of pathetic thus far. Dozens of kids have announced their transfers AFTER Mike “don’t worry he’ll coach them up” Anderson was hired and we haven’t even gotten a visit. That’s disgusting.

Marillac

« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2019, 02:31:29 PM »
Maybe CMA doesn’t want to build this program with transfers. Perhaps his preference is to build through HS kids. You said they aren’t recruiting any top 75 kids and that’s a blatant lie. They have offered a number of top 75 kids begining with the 2020 class. So not I have no concern with his recruiting so far.

He beat a Providence team last year with his young players. Our team with a plethora of 5 and 4 star recruits lost to them twice. I believe in time he will recruit better for us than at Arkansas. Let’s see what he does with his last two ships.

He just signed a transfer two weeks ago so....

« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2019, 03:34:25 PM »
Option 3:  you are stupid.

Where have I raised expectations? This recruiting effort has been nothing short of pathetic thus far. Dozens of kids have announced their transfers AFTER Mike “don’t worry he’ll coach them up” Anderson was hired and we haven’t even gotten a visit. That’s disgusting.
Arkansas posters have said Arky would announce they had signed a player the fans weren't even aware that they were recruiting and I would assume they had visited before signing. So you saying we haven't had visitors may not be the case.

Marillac

« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2019, 03:43:16 PM »
Arkansas posters have said Arky would announce they had signed a player the fans weren't even aware that they were recruiting and I would assume they had visited before signing. So you saying we haven't had visitors may not be the case.

They also said his recruiting leaves something to be desired. Are we just going to cherrypick their comments to a certain narrative?

How dare Marillac question the almighty Anderson. Three years from now you will all be calling him lazy and calling for his firing while I defend him.

« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2019, 03:50:41 PM »
They also said his recruiting leaves something to be desired. Are we just going to cherrypick their comments to a certain narrative?

How dare Marillac question the almighty Anderson. Three years from now you will all be calling him lazy and calling for his firing while I defend him.
Didn't realize to make a singular point I was required to quote everything said prior on the subject. Was just pointing out we may not know what is happening behind the scenes. If I recall correctly even with the mouthy Matt A no one knew anything about Figgy until they announced his signing. Don't be so defensive Marillac I am discussing not arguing.

« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »

U are literally quoting a fan base who ranks in the top 5 dumbest fan bases every year.. and also on that website if you speak highly of Mike Anderson consistently they label you a "Mike lover" and ban you...

lip

U are literally quoting a fan base who ranks top 5 dumbest fan bases every year... and supporting Mike Anderson on that site gets u labeled a "Mike lover" and banned

MCNPA

« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2019, 06:25:58 PM »
Well truth be told, we landed a few guys who are role players.  We have no more room on the roster for more role players.  I know we need to field a team but we already have some marginal talent and added more.  I understand for sure needing a backup PG.  Sears is a good fit as a juco who can rebound.  Champagne is another role player who should help depth.  We are capped out on this level of talent though and need to start making some big signings with our last 2 ships and beyond.  I like the staff very much.  There are no free passes though.  Need top notch talent if we are going to compete and that is where marillac and Dave are correct.  Nobody should be overly excited about the kids signed so far because they are just plugging holes. 

ras

« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2019, 06:33:50 PM »
He hasn’t signed any top 150 recruits. That’s concerning but it’s late in the year. I’m giving him a pass this year. But has to pick up another decent pg. Next year we will be able to really evaluate him.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:35:23 PM by ras »

MCNPA

« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2019, 06:42:34 PM »
One issue is that we signed 3 marginal Big East guys and we already have a few like Earlington, Roberts, Caraher that are also of questionable Big East level.  Our young guys are really not very talented in the grand scheme and that is concerning.  They have to be careful with use of these ships and really make sure they count or this total rebuild will be a team full of lower level kids with multiple years of eligibility. 

« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2019, 06:44:23 PM »
At Midnight Madness, we know we have two starters, both play the same position.
LJ
Heron
MA and staff need to choose among; Williams, Roberts, Earlington, Wright, Caraher, Steere, Champagnie, McGriff and Sears + two schollies to fill starting five and rotation.

Who would you guys start at this point?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:45:14 PM by braintrust »

Foad

« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
U are literally quoting a fan base who ranks top 5 dumbest fan bases every year.

Says the guy who can't figure out the quote function.

« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2019, 07:00:35 PM »
One issue is that we signed 3 marginal Big East guys and we already have a few like Earlington, Roberts, Caraher that are also of questionable Big East level.  Our young guys are really not very talented in the grand scheme and that is concerning.  They have to be careful with use of these ships and really make sure they count or this total rebuild will be a team full of lower level kids with multiple years of eligibility. 

This is it. You get it.