Is early season lack of attendance concerning?

• 140 replies

TONYD3

Re: Is early season lack of attendance concerning?
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 04:36:41 PM »
I agree,  $57 still too high for me , was looking to take my kids to that game
100 percent you can scalp tickets. 200 level. You won’t spend more then 20 each. Tickets will say 0 dollars on them.
Have been doing it for years. Less now because of stubhub. But those guys are still there

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
100 percent you can scalp tickets. 200 level. You won’t spend more then 20 each. Tickets will say 0 dollars on them.
Have been doing it for years. Less now because of stubhub. But those guys are still there

Ticket box office has a total of 1 ticket at $45 and a bunch at $80.  Seems like a silly strategy for a game with not a ton of demand during a busy time of the year for a lot of people. 

TONYD3

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 08:09:29 PM »
Ticket box office has a total of 1 ticket at $45 and a bunch at $80.  Seems like a silly strategy for a game with not a ton of demand during a busy time of the year for a lot of people. 
Not trying to be a dick. But their is little demand. They want to sell the expensive seats. Either pay up or be patient.
Thinking the game will sell 2/3 of the garden.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 08:17:01 PM »
I saw a 30% off for sat on Twitter. I’m sure still there. From the University.

TONYD3

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 08:35:51 PM »
I saw a 30% off for sat on Twitter. I’m sure still there. From the University.
Save30 is password for 30 percent off

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 09:52:36 PM »
This UVM game is going to be a MUCH better crowd than the first 3.

TONYD3

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »
This UVM game is going to be a MUCH better crowd than the first 3.
They are trying. Their was a video on twitter showing Anderson on campus trying to get students to the game.

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 12:20:03 PM »
Win enough an get ranked, fans like a winner.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 12:43:49 PM »
Win enough an get ranked, fans like a winner.

Yes that is the obvious path but we are coming off an NCAA appearance with a new head coach. Attendance should be better.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »
Yes that is the obvious path but we are coming off an NCAA appearance with a new head coach. Attendance should be better.
I know.  I've been to two and I was shocked at how bad the first one was and disappointed at the second.  The appeal Chris had to the casual fan/observer can not be over stated.

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 04:27:16 PM »
Lets be honest...savvy New Yorkers won't pay high major prices for a mid-major product.  Economics 101.  Our athletic director is delusional.

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 04:49:49 PM »
Not for nothing but I was going to go to the game tomorrow with my brother and niece and the cheapest tickets are 30$. That's ridiculous, we should be able to get tickets for 10$ against Wagner at Carnaseca. If they made prices reasonable families would come out and go to the games.

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2019, 05:16:52 PM »
Lets be honest...savvy New Yorkers won't pay high major prices for a mid-major product.  Economics 101.  Our athletic director is delusional.
Like the AD. But agree he is completely wrong here

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2019, 06:26:55 PM »

I agree with this.

Additionally it's a pain in the ass with traffic to get out to Queens and get home very late on weekday. Have to make this an easy no brainer to go. Goal should be to fill arena not make an extra $X a ticket.

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2019, 06:31:19 PM »
Not for nothing but I was going to go to the game tomorrow with my brother and niece and the cheapest tickets are 30$. That's ridiculous, we should be able to get tickets for 10$ against Wagner at Carnaseca. If they made prices reasonable families would come out and go to the games.

It's a tough sell. $30 imo would steep for St. John's vs Duke no bleed at Garden.

I can't see ticket sales being a main revenue stream and if it is then we are in trouble. I'd rather 2x-3x more people with extra money in their pockets to spend on merchandise at the game.

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2019, 07:40:43 PM »
Goal should be to fill arena not make an extra $X a ticket.
We achieved that goal last season.  Now we've taken a step back.

TONYD3

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2019, 07:56:32 PM »
We achieved that goal last season.  Now we've taken a step back.
You are going a little far. Plenty of Mullin’s cupcakes were empty.

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2019, 08:02:45 PM »
The AD is moving too fast.     7 garden games.     $30 for Wagner even the resale market is high

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2019, 09:06:56 PM »
It's a tough sell. $30 imo would steep for St. John's vs Duke no bleed at Garden.

I can't see ticket sales being a main revenue stream and if it is then we are in trouble. I'd rather 2x-3x more people with extra money in their pockets to spend on merchandise at the game.

It's indefensible IMO. The games at Carnaseca arena should appeal to the families that live in the Queens area. Get families in there and grow the fanbase. They have some nerve charging that especially after last year. Yes we went to the tournament, but then we had a national embarrassment for a coaching search. I can't remember one that was worse. I agree with you though they should get ppl in cheap, fill the house and hopefully sell merchandise. Their main revenue source is probably the Big East TV deal.

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2019, 11:33:11 PM »
expectations were super low this season. Last year before the season started a lot of us thought it was our most talented team in many years. Definitely fair to say Mullin helped sales. I heard renewals were a lot lower after the price increase but that was a month or so before the season started so no clue what the final figure was but the price increase while I totally understand was idiotic.

On the brought side we only have like 2 more years of paying Slice so once they put air conditioning in CA I fully expect another 300 people a game