St Johns vs St Peters - 12/3

• 57 replies

Marillac

Re: St Johns vs St Peters - 12/3
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 08:35:48 PM »
Don't disagree

Champagnie will get open looks all year.

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2019, 08:41:12 PM »
When they needed to foul, they waited for rutherford to get the ball and fouled immediately.  Good scouting by st peters.

Anyways, whats the deal w/ duke riding the pine.  I dont want to start questioning the coach already but get earlington in the game.  Hes playing great.

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2019, 08:46:19 PM »
Champagnie will get open looks all year.

Ehh maybe if teams game plans are let Champagnie beat you not LJ/Heron.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

wpc77

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2019, 09:39:31 PM »
Outrebounded and didn't take care of the ball.  Big test coming up on saturday.  Literally.  Roberts going to have to come up big against Culver. 

Poison

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2019, 10:01:09 PM »
That was a pretty ugly final ten minutes. At the end of the day, as long as you win, the final score is meaningless.

A loss would be an entirely different story.

Silver lining is that Coach will probably use this to motivate our guys this week in practice.

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 10:18:46 PM »
I expect the gap between us and WV is wider than the gap between us and St. Peter’s.

goredmen

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2019, 10:29:16 PM »
I'm not as concerned with the finish as everybody else. Had another cupcake at home in front of a dead crowd and were up 20 before the foot came off the gas and let them go on a serious run but closed it out and still won by 10. We're closer to 20 points better than St Peter's than 10.

My outlook on the West Virginia game or the rest of the season didn't change because of that 19-2 run.

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2019, 10:49:37 PM »
I'm not as concerned with the finish as everybody else. Had another cupcake at home in front of a dead crowd and were up 20 before the foot came off the gas and let them go on a serious run but closed it out and still won by 10. We're closer to 20 points better than St Peter's than 10.

My outlook on the West Virginia game or the rest of the season didn't change because of that 19-2 run.

Well considering the spread was 20 I wish we were 21 points better

goredmen

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2019, 10:59:27 PM »
Well considering the spread was 20 I wish we were 21 points better

You should have learned long ago that you're better off investing your money with Madoff than betting on St. John's

Foad

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2019, 11:13:22 AM »
St John's St Peter's recap http://www.bigeastboards.com/

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2019, 12:38:06 PM »
St John's St Peter's recap http://www.bigeastboards.com/

“His propensity to foul seems a pattern: he committed last year more than four fouls 12 times while fouling out of four games”

What we should really be trying to figure out is how he managed not to foul out with more than 4 fouls 2/3rds of the time. No wonder he fouls so much.

BTW I’m with you on Earlington. Pretty good now and might be really good later. It’s looking a bit like it might be either him or Caraher on some nights. Who speaking of, sure you think he’s annoying and I could see that, but do you think he can play?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 12:45:08 PM »
Can Earlington follow the career path of Desi Rodriguez?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rodride01.html

Foad

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 01:33:44 PM »
“His propensity to foul seems a pattern: he committed last year more than four fouls 12 times while fouling out of four games”

What we should really be trying to figure out is how he managed not to foul out with more than 4 fouls 2/3rds of the time. No wonder he fouls so much.

Thanks for pointing out my typo. I should have written "he committed last year four fouls or more 12 times." I'd fix it but that would be cheating. Maybe I'll add a note acknowledging your contribution.

BTW I’m with you on Earlington. Pretty good now and might be really good later. It’s looking a bit like it might be either him or Caraher on some nights. Who speaking of, sure you think he’s annoying and I could see that, but do you think he can play?

Obviously he can play. How well and at what level is another matter. Small sample size but I think he rebounds pretty well. He has good vision. He seems to be in the right place often. OTOH he's not much of a defender and he's not terribly athletic so I don't know if he fits well in the CTC system. I called him Tim Doyle lite at one point and if he turns into that that'd be good enough. He's not that there yet but neither was Tim Doyle eight games into his sophomore year.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »
Can Earlington follow the career path of Desi Rodriguez?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rodride01.html

I thought Earlington showed some real potential from the neck up even last year. Some aspects of his offensive game are really raw, and he’s still learning defense.

But, for a guy who has still barely played college ball, it’s impressive to see what knack he has for offensive rebounds. That’s a sign of player of a player with a high basketball IQ.

He has to keep working on his game. He needs a tighter handle, and he needs a consistent 3 point shot. I’m hoping that by senior year, he can play the 2 and the 3 and create mismatches.

cjfish

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2019, 11:56:48 PM »
I thought Earlington showed some real potential from the neck up even last year. Some aspects of his offensive game are really raw, and he’s still learning defense.

But, for a guy who has still barely played college ball, it’s impressive to see what knack he has for offensive rebounds. That’s a sign of player of a player with a high basketball IQ.

He has to keep working on his game. He needs a tighter handle, and he needs a consistent 3 point shot. I’m hoping that by senior year, he can play the 2 and the 3 and create mismatches.

2??  Don’t think so. 3 if he develops a shot.

Poison

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2019, 12:13:17 AM »

2??  Don’t think so. 3 if he develops a shot.

Yeah, you’re right. He’s not a 2 guard. At least, he hasn’t shown those skills.

Marillac

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »

Holy shit are you an idiot. You want Earlington playing SG?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 09:32:32 PM »
Holy shit are you an idiot. You want Earlington playing SG?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe he can be a jockey in his spare time.