The Big East and the NCAA tourney - 2020

• 36 replies

jr49

Re: The Big East and the NCAA tourney - 2020
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2019, 04:50:10 PM »
8 games would be great. My hope that the paying public gets to see good games and has some fun.

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2019, 01:33:47 AM »
If this is what you are bringing up in favor of coach Mullin it’s kind of pathetic.
No. I didn't bring it up. My good buddy Michael did when he wrote "Clearly, he’s a harder working coach than Mullin. Probably why he always beat us when it mattered." So for accuracy sake I had to remind the board of Mullin's stellar coaching record vs. Ewing.  Try to keep up Tony.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:37:50 AM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 01:35:18 AM »
I meant as a player.
I know that. That's why I specifically referenced "as a coach".

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 01:37:12 AM »
I think it’s awesome that y’all play the BE tourney at MSG, he can win that dang thing there.
No he can't.

TONYD3

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2019, 09:04:57 AM »
No. I didn't bring it up. My good buddy Michael did when he wrote "Clearly, he’s a harder working coach than Mullin. Probably why he always beat us when it mattered." So for accuracy sake I had to remind the board of Mullin's stellar coaching record vs. Ewing.  Try to keep up Tony.
That’s almost as good of a point as, “two hall of famers are better then one”

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2019, 09:18:49 AM »
Baby steps. Everyone needs to take a toke and chilllll out. Year 1 is Zero expectations. Don't make it out that they should make the tourney because no one in their right mind picked that to happen this year.

Are they showing promise and have they looked good at times? Sure they have but I'm not willing to raise the expectation level that much yet in Year 1. Like I said before the season I will be happy with 16-18 wins total from Anderson in Year 1 with seeds for future growth. I've seen some really nice young pieces that will continue to get better in his system.

I've also said many times that I think Anderson's style lends itself to be much more competitive in conference even in Year 1. I could see us winning anywhere from 6-10 games in conference this season. If he wins 10 games in conference then he should get coach of the year consideration. His predecessor never even finished with a .500 record in the BE once in 4 season. That's pathetic and makes you appreciate what Anderson could potentially do even more.

The community here isn't the team. While they should take it one game at a time, fans can look ahead and road map the resume for March.

I think it's fun to look and talk about. Doesn't mean it will happen but don't kill the dream.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »
No he can't.
He will be in the championship game in one of his first three years. The style Mike Anderson plays is always in favor of the home team especially when the crowd in rocking so if y’all can make MSG rock he will have a good shot at going deep in the BE tourney every year he’s there.

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 12:44:14 PM »
He will be in the championship game in one of his first three years. 
I appreciate your faith and confidence in CFC. I don't know him from Adam but what I see and hear so far I like. 

However, I don't think you fully realize the level of futility we're dealing with here. We don't do conference championship games anymore. We're lucky to win one on a Wednesday before getting bounced on a Thursday.

We also don't typically fill buildings or make them rock. We are currently mired in an attendance slump that I would like to say is akin to the Norm era - but I actually think it's worse than that.

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2019, 12:53:59 PM »
The Big East is the weakest its been in years.  ESPN doesnt even have a BE team in their top 15 power rankings.

Anyone can win the BE this year.  St Johns included.

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2019, 01:39:54 AM »
The community here isn't the team. While they should take it one game at a time, fans can look ahead and road map the resume for March.

I think it's fun to look and talk about. Doesn't mean it will happen but don't kill the dream.

He thinks we are a rebuilding team with a chance to win 10 conference games in a loaded Big East🙄

If we can win 10 conference games then wtf are we rebuilding?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 01:40:28 AM by Marillac »

Marillac

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2019, 02:22:34 AM »
The Big East is the weakest its been in years.  ESPN doesnt even have a BE team in their top 15 power rankings.

Anyone can win the BE this year.  St Johns included.

You are either trolling or you’re dumb as rocks.

How on Earth is the Big East “the weakest it’s been in years”? Creighton, Butler, St. John’s, and DePaul were picked 7-8-9-10 and are a combined 37-6!  When DePaul is good this league is treacherous.

Butler, Nova, and SH are all top 25 in KenPom (which you people seem to love this year) and every team in the conference is top 100 (we are the lowest at 96). That’s exceptional.

In the NET, Butler is #4 and every team is top 70 besides Providence. No other conference can make that claim. We are the second best conference behind the Big Ten according to the NET.

DePaul and Creighton are tournament teams. So are Nova and Butler. Marquette and SH are as well if healthy. Xavier is a bubble team. Providence is always tough.

derk

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
Remember this- Anderson is NOT good in road games but he is always is OVERLY ACHIEVED in Home games that’s why I think it’s awesome that y’all play the BE tourney at MSG, he can win that dang thing there.

Why do you think that is ?

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »
Why do you think that is ?
His system feeds off the crowd, if the place is rocking, he usually wins, winning home % is like 85%

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »
Xavier losing to western carolina at home in the second half.

Big east is the weakest its been in year.  St Johns has a chance to capitalize. 

Lets go!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2019, 08:10:20 PM »
Dang.  Western carolina was up w about 10 to go and went ice cold.  Hasnt scored a bucket in like 7 minutes.  They r done now.

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2019, 08:19:22 PM »
Dang.  Western carolina was up w about 10 to go and went ice cold.  Hasnt scored a bucket in like 7 minutes.  They r done now.
Just be happy game is ending early so we don't miss any of our game.  :)

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2019, 08:19:39 PM »
Xavier losing to western carolina at home in the second half.

Big east is the weakest its been in year.  St Johns has a chance to capitalize. 

Lets go!!!

Stupid say what?

Xavier up by 11 over 7-2 Western Carolina who just lost by 4 to a top 20 Florida State team. Xavier will be 10-2 with the win.

Man, the Big East is just weeeeaaaaak!!!