Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings

• 178 replies

Marillac

Re: Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2019, 12:53:40 AM »
Georgetown just lost 4 players lol

Lololololololololol 😂😂😂😂😂 lolololol

And they keep winning. Lololololololololol 😂😂😂😂😂 winky winky giggle giggle.

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »
Lololololololololol 😂😂😂😂😂 lolololol

And they keep winning. Lololololololololol 😂😂😂😂😂 winky winky giggle giggle.
it was the equivalent of losing Rutherford, Earlington, Caraher, and another Bench player, it won’t hurt right now against lesser teams but they’ll feel it come Conf play

SJUFAN

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »
We are left with mostly nice persons on this forum.

I agree. You are a nice person.

You can focus on the credibility of my source but it doesn’t change the narrative that Anderson inherited essentially a last place roster as they were picked to finish 2nd to last by coaches opposed to the last place finish of my source. Apparently the difference between finishing last to 2nd to last is cataclysmic.

Foad

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2019, 04:03:53 PM »
people of NY aren’t nice at all.

Another myth exploded.

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »
My post had nothing to do with any of that was referring to the fact that you have become the New York version of the ugly American. No reason to be so nasty almost all the time and I don't remember you being this way in the past. Maybe you are playing the Grinch in a local production or are playing to an audience of one on this site.

Its really unreadeable.  This guy brings down every thread.  A mod here should have a talk w/ this dude or outright ban him.  There are people actually not coming back here because of the keyboard tough guy.

Not good for business mods.

Is there a way to put him on ignore so we dont have to read his trash?

Foad

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
ban him.

Spoken like a true fascist. I don't like your ball washing posts. Maybe we could ban you.

Is there a way to put him on ignore so we dont have to read his trash?

Spitballing, but you could skip over his posts, his name is on them, they're pretty easy to identify.

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2019, 05:12:30 PM »
Spoken like a true fascist. I don't like your ball washing posts. Maybe we could ban you.

Spitballing, but you could skip over his posts, his name is on them, they're pretty easy to identify.

What is wrong w/ you people??  My goodness.

cjfish

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2019, 05:44:23 PM »
Another myth exploded.

When I’m about to argue about anything I often use an old neighborhood phrase “I’ll lay some New York on them”

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2019, 06:03:05 PM »
Isn’t Marillac and Foad the same people using the handle lol

Foad

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »

Aren't Marillac and Foad Jethro, aren't, because compound nouns are plural. To put it in terms you'd understand, you wouldn't say 'is your mother and your sister the same person,' you'd say 'aren't your sister and mother the same person.' Although you'd probably say ain't and the answer would be yes lol. 

Marillac

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 12:09:50 AM »

You can focus on the credibility of my source but it doesn’t change the narrative that Anderson inherited essentially a last place roster as they were picked to finish 2nd to last by coaches opposed to the last place finish of my source. Apparently the difference between finishing last to 2nd to last is cataclysmic.

DePaul was picked last and they are 11-1 and will be a tournament team.

Butler was picked 8th and they are 10-1 and ranked in the top 20.

Creighton was picked 7th and they are 9-2 and in the NET top 50.

What is your point? The difference in talent after the top 1-2 teams is almost nonexistent in the Big East when DePaul is decent. This isn’t the old Big East dichotomy of the haves and the have nots. It’s Nova and a bunch of teams vying for a chance to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2019, 12:13:13 AM »

Do you actually type your posts or just play a banjo into a program that translates to English?

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2019, 09:40:32 AM »
I’m sorry I’m not as fluctuated as the normal Redman, only took me two weeks to create this account in my outhouse sir.

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2019, 10:44:40 AM »

He didn't inherit a next to last place roster. He didn't add much to existing team which caused it to become 9th place. This has nothing to do with previous staff by making this statement but if we had Cam Mack as our starting PG we'd probably be winning a game in NCAA Tournament.

The point being the team wasn't a dumpster fire but we failed to add significant pieces needed.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2019, 10:48:19 AM »
He didn't inherit a next to last place roster. He didn't add much to existing team which caused it to become 9th place. This has nothing to do with previous staff by making this statement but if we had Cam Mack as our starting PG we'd probably be winning a game in NCAA Tournament.

The point being the team wasn't a dumpster fire but we failed to add significant pieces needed.

Remember, Cam Mack was gone before Mullin resigned. Once Matt left for Nebraska Cam Mack was no longer in the cards. This is a fact. So yes, Anderson inherited a last place roster. He brought in guys like Champagnie and Dunn to help make us competitive this year and beyond.

TONYD3

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2019, 11:00:13 AM »

None of the freshman did anything last year. Saying that they would be playing as well as they are now or expecting them to not have transferred out is non sense.
Mack wasn’t coming. We had 0 players coming in. This team was guaranteed to finish Again in last place.
Dave- it’s kind of scary. I can only imagine how bad mullin was. You actually know the details. And you refuse to acknowledge what you saw.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:02:54 AM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2019, 11:20:43 AM »

Total BS post. You cannot expect any new coach hired in April to add much of anything recruiting wise and he was able to add Champaigne and Dunn very late in the process.

Marillac

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2019, 11:38:43 AM »
Total BS post. You cannot expect any new coach hired in April to add much of anything recruiting wise and he was able to add Champaigne and Dunn very late in the process.

“You cannot expect any new coach to add much of anything” followed by “he was able to add Champaigne [sic]
and Dunn very late in the process.”

Do you see how hard you guys make it lately?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:48:43 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2019, 11:42:34 AM »
“You cannot expect any new coach to add much of anything” followed by “he was able to add Champaigne (sic) and Dunn very late in the process.”

Do you see how hard you guys make it lately?

You wouldn’t have offered Champaigne tho remember.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2019, 11:56:46 AM »
You wouldn’t have offered Champaigne tho remember.

I wouldn’t have offered him as a SF. It’s fair to give me some criticism on this, but I changed my tune quickly well before the season started when he was 6’8 220 and Anderson planned to use him a stretch four. He was listed as 6’6-6’7 and like 195! That listing usually means 6’5 and change.

I’ve given Anderson major props for that. Both Lavin and Mullin would have used him as a SF without question.

I hate him as a SF. He’s not athletic. He’s nowhere near as good as his twin brother there. His skills are just average for the position. At the four he’s more skilled and quicker than anyone he goes against and he’s big enough to hold his own physically. His versatility on defense from that position is crazy too. He can legitimately keep SGs and SFs honest and provide quickness in the press.

Marillac and Anderson see eye to eye many more things than Lavin or Mullin ever did.