Albany Great Danes game thread

• 118 replies

Marillac

Re: Albany Great Danes game thread
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2019, 11:59:09 PM »
Earlington deserves to start the next game. Anyone who can be in the right place as often as he was tonight needs to be playing more. 6 offensive rebounds. Good lord.

That is precisely why he should be brought off the bench. He changes the game in a few ways.

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2019, 07:46:21 AM »
Earlington deserves to start the next game. Anyone who can be in the right place as often as he was tonight needs to be playing more. 6 offensive rebounds. Good lord.

I got a fever.  And the only perscription is more earlington.

TONYD3

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
Enjoy some St. John’s basketball man!
No, him constantly crying is funny as hell. 

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2019, 09:38:31 AM »
Yes I realize  @StJohnsBBall is too talented for Albany but I am telling you @Iron_MikeMA  was a super choice by @MikeCraggSJU to lead the Red Storm .  Wait until u see his  3rd yr as he will have them as an annual contender in @BIGEASTMBB @NYPost_Brazille

Got some praise by Vitale tonight, doesn’t happen much.

Foad

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2019, 09:56:43 AM »

Yeah, he's usually pretty negative.

TONYD3

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2019, 10:05:40 AM »
Yeah, he's usually pretty negative.
Yeah he even stayed positive During the second half of the St. John’s duke game. One of the teams looked slightly less then prepared. It was obvious. Vitale didn’t mention it once. 

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2019, 10:27:13 AM »
In 18 minutes of play last night, the Duke went 8-10 from the floor for 16 points.  Had 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks and 1 assist.

He needs to be playing 30 minutes, not 18.

TONYD3

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »
In 18 minutes of play last night, the Duke went 8-10 from the floor for 16 points.  Had 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks and 1 assist.

Marillac is not always full of crap. Let’s see him do it vs a real team with better athletes. Mussini used to kill the cupcakes also.

HKD

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2019, 11:43:52 AM »
I love the style of basketball Anderson has brought to SJU.  I was at the game, and one of the things I watched was the guys 70 feet away from the ball on defense.  They were so engaged depending which way the ball was moving in the backcourt against the on ball pressure. 

Even games where they don't shoot well, the style will keep them in game.

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2019, 11:47:12 AM »
Boy did I look out of place at the 1870.  Didn't know which way I would root but wound up cheering for the Danes.  The Johnnies defensive pressure just destroyed them.

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 12:03:38 PM »

maybe 18 is what he needs, 30 probably would get him fatigued in this system but yes 22-26 would be great!

derk

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »

Or he found his exact niche and especially with Steere coming back, we should leave well enough alone for now.

Marillac

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2019, 12:09:11 PM »
Yes I realize  @StJohnsBBall is too talented for Albany but I am telling you @Iron_MikeMA  was a super choice by @MikeCraggSJU to lead the Red Storm .  Wait until u see his  3rd yr as he will have them as an annual contender in @BIGEASTMBB @NYPost_Brazille

Vitale has been praising us for years when the team gives him the chance.

Marillac

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2019, 12:15:52 PM »

He would be Albany’s best player by a mile and would have been one of their biggest recruiting coups in the history of the program. You can’t measure a guy like Earlington against low majors.

I love the kid and defended him from the moment he committed, but 30 mpg is too much for him now.

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2019, 12:23:34 PM »
He would be Albany’s best player by a mile and would have been one of their biggest recruiting coups in the history of the program. 
Quit kicking us while we're down. We will rise again and dominate Vermont and Stonybrook.

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2019, 12:31:46 PM »
If heron is out on Saturday, we need to put the best 5 out there from the tip. 

Dunn, figgy, penny, duke and roberts.

Thats the 5 that needs to start and play the majority of the minutes.  This is real basketball now.  AZ is big and we need to counter w/ our big lineup.

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2019, 12:52:19 PM »
If heron is out on Saturday, we need to put the best 5 out there from the tip. 

Dunn, figgy, penny, duke and roberts.

Thats the 5 that needs to start and play the majority of the minutes.  This is real basketball now.  AZ is big and we need to counter w/ our big lineup.

Many many basketball coaches and minds share your belief that the five best players should start. However I don’t think CMA does.  But I’m sure he’s got a good idea of who those best 5 are.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2019, 01:04:35 PM »
Many many basketball coaches and minds share your belief that the five best players should start. However I don’t think CMA does.  But I’m sure he’s got a good idea of who those best 5 are.

He started caraher last night so hes def not starting the 5 best players.  Hahaha.

Im concerned about having rutherford out on Saturday as Albany played like 5 feet off him daring him to make a jumper.

You can get by against teams like Albany but that aint going to fly against AZ. 

If you notice coach mike saw that and yanked rutherford for dunn very early in the game.

AZ has enough big boys down low.  We dont need a guard packing the paint as well because they dont have to play up on Rutherford.

TONYD3

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2019, 01:24:17 PM »
Rutherford is what he is. I am sure their are some people on this board that shoot better then he does. But he is the starting PG. I don’t think he is close to losing his job.

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2019, 03:45:44 PM »
He started caraher last night so hes def not starting the 5 best players.  Hahaha.
I'm sure CFC read all the pre-game I wrote for this game. Particular this foresighted post:

"Perhaps DC should get the start as he'll feel right at home. Albany is VERY white."