Upcoming 5 Game Stretch

• 51 replies

Marillac

Re: Upcoming 5 Game Stretch
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »
No it won't. It will be poorly attended and quiet. This is the second time I've read something like this and I don't understand it.

I had 1900 last night by my eye count. I would guess we're currently drawing about as well as Hofstra and worse than Stonybrook.

It's great for me, you guys and the other few who actually attend games. i.e. Easy in and out parking, cheap tickets, short bathroom and concession lines with plenty of legroom to spread out in the stands. But I have to admit I'm concerned about what it means for the program.

This kid is insane. He’s literally wrong about everything.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2019, 06:19:02 PM »
Marillac,
we're beating Arizona Saturday.
Just watch the game.

Yeah, I know, I'm insane

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2019, 06:28:08 PM »
Marillac,
Just watch the game.

Yeah, I know, I'm insane

Atta boy!!  Love the confidence.  Get ur tix for NYE now.  They will be going like hotcakes if we beat AZ.

Its not everday u get a top 20 team in the nation coming to carnesseca.  Its gonna be a madhouse!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:28:29 PM by Mullins Revenge »

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2019, 06:28:13 PM »
Do you really believe this bullsh*te you write? 

The team is 10-2. Last year they were 12-0 with a better SOS (disclaimer: I don't know this for a fact but somebody wrote we're in the bottom 10 in the nation for this and I don't recall that being written last season).

In what new math is 10-2 with a bad SOS better than 12-0 with a better SOS?
Do you even watch basketball? You already know how last season turned out. Why would you brag about it? If you don’t see a difference in this team over last years you are delusional. I feel sad for you. This season has been and will be plenty of fun and you are counting empty seats.

TONYD3

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2019, 06:33:13 PM »
Think it will end up 19-14 with a win in the Big East tourney and 8-10 Big East conference record and make a 2 or 3 seed in the NIT and next year is when the clock starts ticking on Anderson to get the program running. Just don’t see a .500 record right now unless Heron gets back 100% and Steere is a difference maker.
I expect something like that. Maybe not quite as good. I think this team would embrace the NIT. If we ever got back to the garden in March, that would be some season.

goredmen

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2019, 07:18:01 PM »
We will be > 5 point underdogs in each of the next 4 games. 3 of the 4 will be closer to 10 than 5. Going 2-3 in the next 5 would be a win.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:18:19 PM by goredmen »

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2019, 07:46:59 PM »
Marillac,
Just watch the game.

Yeah, I know, I'm insane

I want you to be right, but I think we will be totally outclassed.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2019, 07:48:16 PM »
Do you really believe this bullsh*te you write? 

The team is 10-2. Last year they were 12-0 with a better SOS (disclaimer: I don't know this for a fact but somebody wrote we're in the bottom 10 in the nation for this and I don't recall that being written last season).

In what new math is 10-2 with a bad SOS better than 12-0 with a better SOS?

What better SOS? We beat VCU, and we also beat no one. 11/12 of our wins last Nov and Dec were meaningless.

This year, at least we have one win that means something.

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2019, 07:53:02 PM »
What better SOS? We beat VCU, and we also beat no one. 11/12 of our wins last Nov and Dec were meaningless.

Our strength of schedule was 345 before Vermont lost its 5th game last night.

Now we are 346. There are only 8 teams who have played a weaker schedule.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »
Our strength of schedule was 345 before Vermont lost its 5th game last night.

Now we are 346. There are only 8 teams who have played a weaker schedule.

It’s too soon to award us a bid.
Or to take it away.

Marillac

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2019, 07:59:29 PM »
It’s too soon to award us a bid.
Or to take it away.

The same can be said for any team, Confucius. St. Mary’s just beat Arizona State by 40. 96-56.

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2019, 08:20:41 PM »
Ok. What is more impressive about 10-2 than 12-0 with a stronger schedule? I was more impressed by last year's Mullin and Ponds led team.

If you want to be literal and look at 12-0 vs 10-2 there’s no point in discussing it. You’re smart enough to know not every game is equal. Both were successful slates. We didn’t play anyone as good as WVU pre BE last season.  We were supposed to win those 12 games and I was extremely pleased they did. We know how easy it is to slip up and loose one you shouldn’t. Mullin should get a ton if credit for winning those games but in my opinion he didn’t set up his team for late season success. He didn’t develop his bench or an identity and his starters got ran into the ground.

I think the job Coach Anderson has done this OOC has been more than commendable. He’s developed a bench and has had 9-10 contributors in more than a few games. He’s created an identity of pressure defense and crashing the glass. We lost a close one we should have won and won a close one we shoulda lost. The other 9 wins were comfortable double digit wins.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2019, 08:35:41 PM »
I've already stated that I think we win anywhere between 6-10 games in the BE. Also as previously stated I think Anderson's style of very aggressive defense and attacking the glass will hold up much better in Big East play than the prior regime. Seriously, our conference record over the last 4 years was embarrassing by any measure. I think Iron Mike will right that.

Regarding this upcoming stretch my heart says 3-2 but my head says 2-3.

QuanMan

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2019, 09:46:09 PM »
If you want to be literal and look at 12-0 vs 10-2 there’s no point in discussing it. You’re smart enough to know not every game is equal. Both were successful slates. We didn’t play anyone as good as WVU pre BE last season.  We were supposed to win those 12 games and I was extremely pleased they did. We know how easy it is to slip up and loose one you shouldn’t. Mullin should get a ton if credit for winning those games but in my opinion he didn’t set up his team for late season success. He didn’t develop his bench or an identity and his starters got ran into the ground.

I think the job Coach Anderson has done this OOC has been more than commendable. He’s developed a bench and has had 9-10 contributors in more than a few games. He’s created an identity of pressure defense and crashing the glass. We lost a close one we should have won and won a close one we shoulda lost. The other 9 wins were comfortable double digit wins.

Mase said it all for me Carmine. I've been to Mohegan and have lived in Carnescca this year, the culture flip is evident, you can see, hear and feel the change at every game. The brand is completely different, there is discipline and accountability, team first mentality in a aggressive style. There is ZERO selfish play, IMA won't allow it. Get to a game and see it for yourself. 
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2019, 10:40:22 PM »

Bowling Green was better than Vermont. I don’t see much of a difference between VCU on a neutral court and WV at home.

Ga Tech on a neutral court. @Rutgrtd. Princeton. C’mon. We are 346 in SOS for a reason.

goredmen

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2019, 10:54:09 PM »
Bowling Green was better than Vermont.

This is wildly untrue.

goredmen

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2019, 11:01:02 PM »
Bowling Green was better than Vermont. I don’t see much of a difference between VCU on a neutral court and WV at home.

Ga Tech on a neutral court. @Rutgrtd. Princeton. C’mon. We are 346 in SOS for a reason.

Not to get into a whole schedule thing again but last year's non conference was ranked 330th and that included a road game against a top 5 team.

This season's schedule is weak. Last year's was weak. Neither one is at all significantly better or worse than the other.

TONYD3

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2019, 11:03:51 PM »
Neutral site game vs VCU. Their were less then 4000 people there. Less then a 100 VCU fans.

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2019, 01:35:17 AM »
Do you even watch basketball?
So much you wouldn't even believe it.  Darn near every day.
You already know how last season turned out.
Yes. An Ncaa tournament bid which was a fantastic outcome. If that happens this year I'll say the same.
Why would you brag about it?
I'm not bragging.  I'm stating fact. 12-0 with a better SOS is better than 10-2 with a weaker SOS. Let's review for you. The number to the left of the "-" is the wins and the number to the right of the "-" is the losses.
If you don’t see a difference in this team over last years you are delusional.
I do see a difference in this team over last years. Pretty much I'm able to see differences in all our teams from one season to the next. I'm very perceptive like that.

I feel sad for you.
So do I.
This season has been and will be plenty of fun
Yes, it has been. Last night in particular was a VERY special evening for me. I've been to three live which I've enjoyed and have seen most others on the tele or listened in my car. I hope we continue to do well and win games. Especially when conference play begins.
and you are counting empty seats.
I am very concerned about the attendance - namely the lack there of. I'm dumfounded how we could go from one of the best attended seasons in ages to one worse than the Roberts era in a matter of months on the heels of a tournament bid. Deserves monitoring going forward which I've been doing on occasion. Your welcome!

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2019, 01:43:33 AM »

If I'm wrong I stand corrected. That's why I put in a disclaimer for if nothing else the CA
brand stands for truth and accuracy in posting above all else.

Multiple posters have written that we are near the very bottom of all D1 in SOS. I don't recall that being posted about last seasons non-conference slate.