Ceiling of this Team Now that We Have Begun BE Play

• 145 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Ceiling of this Team Now that We Have Begun BE Play
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2020, 04:48:40 PM »
Carmine don’t engage with that
idiot. No coach or reputable basketball mind in the country would describe Roberts as being tossed around like a rag doll this year. His stats alone disprove that. He was top 5 in the conference on rebounds per minute the last time I checked before the Xavier game.

You clearly lack basketball acumen to make any accurate assessment and throw out arbitrary statements. Your looking at the stats Roberts has during non Conference play? He’s averaging 2.5 boards a game so far in BE play.

Your a clown you always point to stats from lower competition not being a accurate barometer or that it will not translate in BE play, yet when it suit your dumb ass narrative your gonna reference Roberts non conference stats as proof he’s not pushed around. Watch the game vs Arizona, Butler, Xavier... he’s getting pushed around and any CYO coach in America can see this.

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2020, 04:58:29 PM »
Ceiling on this team?  As long as they can't shoot to save their lives...we're looking at last or next to last in the conference.

SJUFAN

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »
It's not a rebuilding year because of the two pre-season all conference selections.

If the two “pre-season” all conference don’t actually make the all conference 2nd team when all is said and done would you then agree Anderson inherited a roster in need of rebuilding?

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2020, 07:14:36 PM »
If the two “pre-season” all conference don’t actually make the all conference 2nd team when all is said and done would you then agree Anderson inherited a roster in need of rebuilding?

Kind of a chicken/egg situation isn’t it?

Marillac

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2020, 07:33:53 PM »
Kind of a chicken/egg situation isn’t it?

Don’t try logic with idiots. If we win, Anderson is a great coach. If we lose, Mullin left him a sh*t rebuilding job.

If players play well, Anderson developed their talent. If preseason all-league players don’t play well then they weren’t good enough to be all league and it’s a rebuilding team. Get with the program bro!

It’s funny that Bruce Pearl was able to get two postseason second team all-SEC seasons out of Heron and even blue bloods like Kansas wanted LJ when he discussed his desire to explore transfer opportunities...but they must be the problem. It can’t be Anderson.

« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2020, 09:45:08 PM »
Carmine don’t engage with that
idiot. 
Thanks Marillac for offering me what I know is sound advice. Alas, I'm resigned to the fact that I have no life and nothing better to do.

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2020, 09:48:10 PM »
No. I would blame CFC for not making good use of the studs the legend left him.

SJUFAN

« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
Don’t try logic with idiots. If we win, Anderson is a great coach. If we lose, Mullin left him a sh*t rebuilding job.

If players play well, Anderson developed their talent. If preseason all-league players don’t play well then they weren’t good enough to be all league and it’s a rebuilding team. Get with the program bro!

It’s funny that Bruce Pearl was able to get two postseason second team all-SEC seasons out of Heron and even blue bloods like Kansas wanted LJ when he discussed his desire to explore transfer opportunities...but they must be the problem. It can’t be Anderson.

You are the biggest fraud on here. Pretending that you know some basketball cause you MIGHT have had SOME exposure.

I’ve always said Heron and LJ need to play off others, neither of them are Alphas. Heron played with a final four roster and was the third option on that Auburn team. Kansas didn’t offer LJ anything, stop lying. I’m sure they’ll take him though if he’s willing to come off the bench.

How could it be Anderson when this same duo last year lead this team to a 7th place 7-11 conference record in a weaker BE playing with Ponds and BE DPOY Simon? Oh yeah I forgot, it’s cause Roberts, Earlington, and Williams are sophomores.... lol what a dummy you are.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:34:11 AM by SJUFAN »

SJUFAN

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2020, 10:17:36 PM »
No. I would blame CFC for not making good use of the studs the legend left him.

Yeah ok. The studs are coming next year. You watch.

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2020, 12:32:59 AM »
this same duo last year lead this team to a 7th place 7-11 conference record
Correction: This same duo were the 2nd and 3rd leading scorers on an Ncaa tournament team with an 8-10 conference record.

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2020, 12:33:23 AM »
The studs are coming next year. You watch.
Can't wait.

Marillac

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2020, 02:50:45 AM »
Can't wait.

The studs are here now, Anderson just doesn’t know how to use them. Next year’s guys aren’t better they just fot his style better.

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2020, 02:53:43 AM »
Yeah ok. The studs are coming next year. You watch.

Go watch Posh and Dylan play if you're local. Not sure they're major difference makers here next year. They're tough kids that need time. Posh just doesn't have a solid jumper yet and is a score first pg. He is sorta like Dunn.

I haven't seen enough of Vince Cole or the other juco kid, but can we really expect JUCO kids to come in and dominate? Next year might be tougher than this year with Heron and LJ out and most likely a transfer or two.

Recruiting needs to get better and the skepticism is real for Anderson on that aspect.

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2020, 06:58:44 PM »
As bad as we have played to start BE play we are tied in the BE with Georgetown, Marquette and Xavier, and DePaul being below is at 0-3. Just need to win Wednesday night and move out of the bottom.

TONYD3

« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2020, 07:02:55 PM »
As bad as we have played to start BE play we are tied in the BE with Georgetown, Marquette and Xavier, and DePaul being below is at 0-3. Just need to win Wednesday night and move out of the bottom.
We very easily could be 2-2 with a win over a top 10 team. Need to steal a game and get back on track.

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2020, 09:09:35 PM »
We very easily could be 2-2 with a win over a top 10 team. Need to steal a game and get back on track.

Feel exactly the same!!!

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2020, 09:44:28 PM »
Interesting that each game after the Butler opener our opponents have had a longer time in between games to prep. Trend continues this Wednesday vs Providence. Prep obviously matters and 4 games in a row to start conference play is a little bit strange.

Vs Xavier
- 5 days between games vs our 4

Vs Georgetown
- 4 days between games vs our 2

Va DePaul
- 6 days between games vs our 2

Vs Providence.
- 4 days between games vs our 3

We’ll have an even # of days off vs our next two after that vs the Hall and Marquette and we get our first advantage in the 8th game of the conference season against DePaul.
Only 3x all conference season do we have an advantage in days off in between games. @DePaul, @ creighton and @ seton hall. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:21:18 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »

We’ll be at the bottom all season.

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2020, 02:34:22 PM »
We’ll be at the bottom all season.
I hope not.  If the boards eternal optimist is pessimistic...I'm concerned.

TONYD3

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2020, 03:18:46 PM »
I hope not.  If the boards eternal optimist is pessimistic...I'm concerned.
Butt hurt