Nova 1/28

• 213 replies

Foad

Re: Nova 1/28
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2020, 08:41:07 AM »
What exactly are you expecting him to do with the worse roster in the BE?

Perhaps he could do things as coach to make his players better, like, you know, Jay Wright or Norman Dale. Doug McDermott's father. Run the picket fence or something. Just a thought.

TONYD3

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2020, 08:43:02 AM »
Perhaps he could do things as coach to make his players better, like, you know, Jay Wright or Norman Dale. Doug McDermott's father. Run the picket fence or something. Just a thought.
Much better. Sprinkle in some Oscar Wilde. That’s you wheel house. Forget basketball.

Poison

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2020, 08:57:29 AM »
It’s hard to imagine any coach in the history of college basketball doing worse than Anderson has done the first 9 games of this conference slate.

This is just alarming.

Mike Jarvis, Chris Mullin and Norm Roberts did worse, so we don't have to imagine it.

Marillac

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2020, 09:20:14 AM »
Mike Jarvis, Chris Mullin and Norm Roberts did worse, so we don't have to imagine it.

Mike Jarvis did worse? His worst season was 7-9 in the Big East with a win in the Big East tournament and an NIT championship.

Admit you weren’t basing that on fact or that you are too stupid to understand facts. One of the two must be true.

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2020, 09:29:45 AM »
Lol and the only reason you are here is because of a coach. Once he's gone, you're gone, but don't go back to being a Razorbacks fan. You made your bed. Now, sleep in it.
why are you here?

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2020, 09:42:50 AM »
It’s hard to imagine any coach in the history of college basketball doing worse than Anderson has done the first 9 games of this conference slate.

This is just alarming.
Mullin 0-11? Roberts 1-13? Clark/Jarvis 1-15?  For sure alarming for a first year coach who has played 3 top 15 teams, and started out with 4 road games where the talent gap is big.

cjfish

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2020, 09:47:32 AM »
At the halfway point of the season a few comments. Coach, unlike Jesus, can’t make wine out of water.  The talent on this team is mediocre. The positive is that the conditioning is superior and they play hard. The negatives abound. Heron is the biggest disappointment in a long while and the main cause for our dismal record. Coach apparently does not spend much time on half court offense, terrible. No point guard is a glaring deficiency. On the positive, the three sophomores are playing well and the pressure defense is mostly excellent. Fig  is what I expected. Dunn is a heaver but helps more than hurts. Caraher , Sears and Steere should not be at this level.  Barring an end of the year sweep, the season is over. If Fig comes back I see next year as improving if the frosh  work out. Another disappointment in the can

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2020, 09:53:29 AM »
That’s because our pre-season 2nd team BE players scored a combined 15 points. We can’t make up for that. Heron has too many clunkers.

Run guys to death on defense. Don't set them up on offense. Big deficit and blame guys for chucking.

Get Heron going early and often and he plays better. Same for LJ. This team shouldn't have Dunn leading the team in shots.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2020, 09:55:13 AM »
We need talent. Remember how much criticism Anderson got for signing the “low level” players for next years class? Well Posh is better than any PG we have, Moore is better than any big we have, Cole is arguably better than any wing we have, and Wasu is better than any guard off the bench we have. What does that say about our current roster? It tells me we’re rebuilding.

I guess you've seen all these guys play huh?

Poison

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2020, 10:34:57 AM »
I guess you've seen all these guys play huh?

I’ve seen them all play. On YouTube. Does that count?

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »

i saw tyshawn edmonson's you tube video...he looked outstanding

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2020, 12:06:50 PM »

Full games?

Everyone looks amazing in highlights. Need to see the lowlights too.

Look I think there is some quality in some of the guys being brought in but the fact is they aren't better than Mustapha, LJ. Maybe they're better than Roberts, Earlington, Caraher or maybe they're very similar.

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2020, 12:08:34 PM »
At the halfway point of the season a few comments. Coach, unlike Jesus, can’t make wine out of water.  The talent on this team is mediocre. The positive is that the conditioning is superior and they play hard. The negatives abound. Heron is the biggest disappointment in a long while and the main cause for our dismal record. Coach apparently does not spend much time on half court offense, terrible. No point guard is a glaring deficiency. On the positive, the three sophomores are playing well and the pressure defense is mostly excellent. Fig  is what I expected. Dunn is a heaver but helps more than hurts. Caraher , Sears and Steere should not be at this level.  Barring an end of the year sweep, the season is over. If Fig comes back I see next year as improving if the frosh  work out. Another disappointment in the can
good post.  agreed re: next year too.  with the core of champagnie, earlington, roberts, and dunn, if the new players are athletic enough to defend and can make a few layups and hit some shots, next year and following will be promising. 

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2020, 01:39:48 PM »
We need talent. Remember how much criticism Anderson got for signing the “low level” players for next years class? Well Posh is better than any PG we have, Moore is better than any big we have, Cole is arguably better than any wing we have, and Wasu is better than any guard off the bench we have. What does that say about our current roster? It tells me we’re rebuilding.

We will be lucky if Cole reaches LJ's first year production.

Wusu is a depth guy and developmental piece. A 4 yr kid. Don't think he cracks the top 8 in rotation.

Posh will compete for a starting spot but he is a small freshman without a great jumper. Have to temper expectations.

Moore, no clue. Maybe he surprises but JUCO is alot different than BIG EAST.

People have to be realistic. They aren't bringing in absolute studs. This class isn't highly ranked. Maybe they fit the "system".

Next year Greg Williams need to take a huge step forward. He has the potential.

ras

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2020, 01:58:21 PM »
I think some posters might be overhyping our recruits. On RMN posters were comparing Posh to Eric Barkley. Posh is a 3 star recruit Barcley was a MCD AA.

Marillac

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »
I think some posters might be overhyping our recruits. On RMN posters were comparing Posh to Eric Barkley. Posh is a 3 star recruit Barcley was a MCD AA.

Our fanbase is nothing if not delusional. MCNPA once tried to hype Jasilunas as the next Dirk!

Marillac

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2020, 02:25:00 PM »
When proven players play poorly it’s because they suck and it has zero to do with Anderson’s system.  When sophomores play better it’s because of Anderson. You can’t make this sh*t up!

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2020, 02:44:41 PM »
When proven players play poorly it’s because they suck and it has zero to do with Anderson’s system.  When sophomores play better it’s because of Anderson. You can’t make this sh*t up!
its def both, LJ and Heron are probably a little fatigued by Anderson’s system. But also if they both played like they have in the first half of the season we would probably have 15-16 wins and in good shape. I feel like Heron would benefit better in a slower tempo game with a lot of ball screens and set plays while LJ has played well in most games this year, he just feels content to shoot the long range 3 sometimes and gets away from his driving, but Anderson needs to keep him in check and remind him more often to not settle for those long shots.

SJUFAN

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2020, 03:04:22 PM »
People have to be realistic. They aren't bringing in absolute studs. This class isn't highly ranked. Maybe they fit the "system".

I’m not saying they’re studs, my point is if they’re better than what we have what does that say about our current roster? It’s worse than any other roster in the BE. (Marillac is pleased).

Foad

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2020, 03:17:13 PM »
Much better. Sprinkle in some Oscar Wilde. That’s you wheel house. Forget basketball.

<A middle aged balding man dressed in wrinkled serge and a white polo shirt tucked in so it hugs his love handles enters the Starbucks in Grand Central Station and makes his way to the toilet. Around his neck is a whistle on a string. The man enters the toilet, retrieves his phone, lowers his pants, sits, and dials.>

Ring ring.

Hello?

Hi Ma.

Tony? Is this Tony? Hi honey.

Hi Ma. I'm at Starbucks, thought I'd call and say hi.

Tony! How'd your interview go? Your wrastling interview! I made a novena.

Oh, not so good ma. I didn't get it. I wore my good corduroys and everything. I even polished my best whistle. I thought it was going okay but when I started explaining how Chief Jay Strongbow could have beaten Haystacks Calhoun if only I'd been his coach the guy started looking out the window. It was like he was bored or something. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know anything about wrestling anyway.

Oh, don't worry honey. You'll get a coveted jay vee coaching position someday.

I hope so ma, it's frustrating seeing completely unqualified people getting jobs with the Lakers and I can't even get a gig coaching girls wrestling at Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow. All those nights I stayed up late cramming for the dodge ball final and studying the rules of floor hockey seem like a big waste of time ... Hey ma, remember my friend from the internet? Foady?

Is he the one with the nice penis dear?

Yeah ma, that's him. So anyway the other day he wrote a post about this guy Oscar Wilde and -

Who's Oscar Wilde dear?

You know ma, the guy who write those movies. The Importance of Being Ernest and Ernest Goes to Camp. So like I was saying, the other day he wrote a post where he quoted this guy Wilde and now whenever he posts I tell him to quote Oscar Wilde some more. It's hilarious. Plus I'm pretty sure it's getting to him.

That's nice dear.

Yeah and then later if he replies I'm going to tell him he's butt hurt. That'll show him.

Speaking of butt hurt you should talk to your father, his piles are still giving him fits. I say for god sake Petey eat a prune or two it won't kill you but he just sits in his chair eating pork rinds and drinking diet Fresca and watching reruns of Match Game. If I didn't know better I'd think he had a thing for that hussy Betty White.

I can't talk to him now ma, I'm late for fifth period study hall. I'll call him after lunch.

What are you having for lunch hun, remember your diet.

I'm just going to have a salad ma, ranch on the side. This morning Miss Stromboli the home eck teacher brought in some home made zeppole, I had to have a couple, it would have been rude not to.

That's my Tony, always so polite. Is this Miss Stromboli your girlfriend by any chance?

No ma, we're just friends.

Well okay that's good hon, you can't have too many friends I guess.

Okay ma I gotta go. Say hi to pops for me.

Okay Tony, bye, love you.

Love you too ma, bye.

<the man hangs up, wipes, sniffs his fingers, and satisfied with the smell pulls up his trousers. Taking a quick look in the mirror he carefully adjusts his whistle, flushes, and leaves the toilet>

/ And scene