Steere out indefinitely

• 102 replies

wpc77

Steere out indefinitely
« on: February 12, 2020, 07:28:42 PM »
As per ZB (but yeah, keep doubting Dave's info and calling in conjecture...):

St Johns has suspended forward Ian Steere indefinitely for “failing to meet the standards expected from a member of our basketball program. We will not offer any additional comment on this matter.” – St. John’s Head Coach Mike Anderson. #sjubb
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:29:28 PM by wpc77 »

Re: Steere out indefinitely
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 07:29:37 PM »
The hits keep coming
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 07:33:02 PM »
ouch. This one really stings

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 07:34:44 PM »
Transfer U!

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 07:41:29 PM »
Transfer U!

I know you are saying this to be insulting but it's just foolish. I don't know why you want to be such an antagonist by misspelling Mullin's name and saying things like this.

Transfers happen at a high rate. It's a fabric of the culture of the game. Just like free agency in the pro game is more of a thing then it was in the 80's too. 

Being too transient is not sustainable but there is nothing wrong with taking transfers especially to balance out scholarship distribution for long term success.

Anderson not playing Steere and having a plan for him was simply foolish. I'm not saying he was going to be a world beater but there are times he could have been impactful. 

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 08:09:08 PM »
As per ZB (but yeah, keep doubting Dave's info and calling in conjecture...):

St Johns has suspended forward Ian Steere indefinitely for “failing to meet the standards expected from a member of our basketball program. We will not offer any additional comment on this matter.” – St. John’s Head Coach Mike Anderson. #sjubb

How could anyone who’s watched the second half of the year expect steere to be here next year? Not exactly beating the press.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 08:11:58 PM »
He hasn’t played all year and he sucks another failed recruit by the great Matt A!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 08:13:12 PM »
How could anyone who’s watched the second half of the year expect steere to be here next year? Not exactly beating the press.

Exactly!  Anyone who has been paying a minimal amount of attention knew this was likely coming.

Dave doesn't know shit. 

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 08:14:02 PM »
Clean house this is Anderson’s team and time will tell if he grouped in with Mullin and Roberts or grouped in with Lavin ....not high standards but that’s where we are ....Let’s beat providence! 

TONYD3

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 08:14:15 PM »
I know you are saying this to be insulting but it's just foolish. I don't know why you want to be such an antagonist by misspelling Mullin's name and saying things like this.

Transfers happen at a high rate. It's a fabric of the culture of the game. Just like free agency in the pro game is more of a thing then it was in the 80's too. 

Being too transient is not sustainable but there is nothing wrong with taking transfers especially to balance out scholarship distribution for long term success.

Anderson not playing Steere and having a plan for him was simply foolish. I'm not saying he was going to be a world beater but there are times he could have been impactful. 
Steer, Dixon, keita, Eli whatever his name was. These players received 2 scholarship years for WHAT? If you don’t think that is a HUGE reason why we are in 9th place. I don’t know what to say. Everyone of these players had something wrong with them. NONE OF THEM SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECRUITED!
Taking transfers is fine. Playing short handed is not. Transfer U did not work. Not even close.
Anderson knows he could have used Steere this year. As did anyone who has watched any of our games? Why didn’t play? You think Anderson is trying to lose?
We never met. But I know what you look like. We sat in the same sections at games. You saw what the last staff was like. You know better then anyone here. You know how bad they were. For some reason you choose to stick up for them. This program was an absolute mess and YOU Know it.
Any player that leaves now, further proves transfer U was a mistake.
I have been on your board from the beginning. You have rules posted. If you didn’t want me to post Mullin you should have asked me not to. I am aware that it’s against your so called rules. But you only seem to enforce them against who you choose to. I haven’t called anyone a name who hasn’t called me one multiple times.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 08:19:30 PM »
Exactly!  Anyone who has been paying a minimal amount of attention knew this was likely coming.

Dave doesn't know shit. 

LOL I already posted the other day he was transferring

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »
Steer, Dixon, keita, Eli whatever his name was. These players received 2 scholarship years for WHAT? If you don’t think that is a HUGE reason why we are in 9th place. I don’t know what to say. Everyone of these players had something wrong with them. NONE OF THEM SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECRUITED!
Taking transfers is fine. Playing short handed is not. Transfer U did not work. Not even close.
Anderson knows he could have used Steere this year. As did anyone who has watched any of our games? Why didn’t play? You think Anderson is trying to lose?
We never met. But I know what you look like. We sat in the same sections at games. You saw what the last staff was like. You know better then anyone here. You know how bad they were. For some reason you choose to stick up for them. This program was an absolute mess and YOU Know it.
I have been on your board from the beginning. You have rules posted. If you didn’t want me to post Mullin you should have asked me not to. I am aware that it’s against your so called rules. But you only seem to enforce them against who you choose to. I haven’t called anyone a name who hasn’t called me one multiple times.

#$%^ him, Tony!  The rat can't even control his shitty forum.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 08:29:59 PM »

Dave doesn't know shit. 

What is your purpose

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 08:30:19 PM »

Tony I agree with you which is why I said becoming too transient was not good. However when you want to discredit you also have to credit.

It's the same thing when people say, "Oh we should have won that game." and they never consider the close games they won and should have lost.

As for knowing what I look like and seeing me at games. Next time say hello and introduce yourself. I meet a lot of fans from the boards all the time. Lets grab a beer on me.

The misspelling of Mullin is not only petty it's simply disrespectful to someone so legendary to St. John's. What you think of him as a coach shouldn't carry over to how you treat him as a man.

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 08:31:07 PM »
What is your purpose

Mind your business, pussy. 

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 08:33:39 PM »
Mind your business, pussy. 

You have a 24hr ban. Enjoy the game and sleep it off buddy.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 08:34:31 PM »
St Johns fan forum: only place in the world you can leave a mostly full roster with two pre season all conference players and still be blamed for the team being bad

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »
You have a 24hr ban. Enjoy the game and sleep it off buddy.

Do you think I really care?  Ha!  Sleep what off?  Water?  Rat!  lol

I only came over tonight because I knew you would be spreading your propaganda.  My intuition was correct. 

You allow constant BS on this site, so I'm just making folks aware that you're the head honcho of BS, Morton Downey, Jr. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:37:41 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 08:38:30 PM »
This program is dead.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 08:39:30 PM »
Do you think I really care?  Ha!  Sleep what off?  Water?  Rat!  lol

I only came over tonight because I knew you would be spreading your propaganda.  My intuition was correct. 

You allow constant BS on this site, so I'm just making folks aware that you're the head honcho of BS, Morton Downey, Jr. 

You mean a different opinion than the clowns on Yesmen.com ?