Steere out indefinitely

• 102 replies
Re: Steere out indefinitely
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2020, 11:50:41 AM »
How is this a pro mullin argument?
My arguments are typically not pro or anti anything. They are just unwaveringly truthful.

You're just not able to understand my points. You've said it yourself.

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »
My arguments are typically not pro or anti anything. They are just unwaveringly truthful.

You're just not able to understand my points. You've said it yourself.
The truth according to Carmine=highly delusional

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
Marquette's lineup was clearly better. Howard is the best player in the league. The Hausers were a good combo of size and skill and John was a brick house who is miles better than any big we've had since Tariq. And he has something Tariq clearly doesn't.

The Nova and SH lineups were better too.

Yes Marquette and Novas starting five were so clearly better that you couldn’t remember their 5th guy.

If you want to give Powell the edge over ponds feel free. You’re gonna take last years McKnight, nezi, mamu, and cale over Simon, Heron, LJ and clark? Yea I’m sure you would have.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2020, 12:33:29 PM »

they were picked high but finished 7th. obviously those in the know thought they were capable. Mullin coached them down
Yes, the final conference standing was disappointing. Particularly considering where they stood before the late season swoon. Mullin coached them into the tournament which is not down but up.

Lest we forget that the 7th place finish was one "clockgate" win away from a 3rd place finish. It really doesn't matter at any rate because the regular season don't mean sh*t. You either dance or you don't and we did the electric slide.

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2020, 12:40:40 PM »
This is what confuses me.
I'll explain it.

Yes, the Traitors blabber incessantly and will write anything in a failed attempt to support their twisted agenda. Often it involves waffling, two sided coins and playing on both sides of the fence. They confuse themselves.

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »
Yes Marquette and Novas starting five were so clearly better that you couldn’t remember their 5th guy.
Go back to my post and notice the quotations mark around that part. I was merely quoting an esteemed colleague.

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »
I'll explain it.

Yes, the Traitors blabber incessantly and will write anything in a failed attempt to support their twisted agenda. Often it involves waffling, two sided coins and playing on both sides of the fence. They confuse themselves.

Carmine I think calling people "traitors" is a bit extreme and instigates people to fire back at you. It doesn't have to be one extreme vs another extreme. There is some middle ground here.

The biggest takeaway and proving point for you is respect for Mullin which I 100% support. Like him or hate him there should be respect given.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJUFAN

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »
You hired the best player in the history of the program with no coaching experience. If you wanted this experiment there needed to be different level of expectations.

The team inherited was awful and there was tangible progress. There needed to be adjustments made.

Kevin Willard didn't make the NCAA Tournament until year 6 at Seton Hall. He was 66-65 his first four years at Seton Hall. They doubled down and gave him an extension and he made adjustments to his staff and now they have been 2nd best team in the conference outside of Villnova for half a decade.

Stop blaming the Administration. The head coach is the one who runs the basketball program. Mullin had everything he wanted. The problem was what he wanted. The staff he had was what he wanted. Mullin didn’t want to hire Mike Rice. Mullin wasn’t going to let Mitch or St. Jean go. Stop the excuses.

The fact is this, Mullin didn’t preach shot discipline or effort. The product on the court would have never played to its potential because of that. This is why you can’t compare Mullin with coach Willard or coach Anderson. They preach defense first, effort, rebounding. You can wait 5-6 years to build the program and get the pipeline of your players going when the philosophy is sound.

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »
This is why you can’t compare Mullin with coach Willard   
Don't kid yourself. Williard plays the same Nba style isolate Powell offense that Mullin did. Wojo plays isolate the star and get out of the way with Howard even to more extreme.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 01:28:46 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2020, 01:34:37 PM »
Carmine I think calling people "traitors" is a bit extreme and instigates people to fire back at you. It doesn't have to be one extreme vs another extreme. There is some middle ground here.

The biggest takeaway and proving point for you is respect for Mullin which I 100% support. Like him or hate him there should be respect given.
Do you have a better term than "traitors" for those that denigrate and insult Mullin with great joy on a St. John's fansite? I could switch to "turncoats" or "Benedict Arnolds"? If you would like, for you I'll cease and desist.

TONYD3

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2020, 01:40:51 PM »
Do you have a better term than "traitors" for those that denigrate and insult Mullin with great joy on a St. John's fansite? I could switch to "turncoats" or "Benedict Arnolds"? If you would like, for you I'll cease and desist.
That lazy bum cost us 6 seasons. We are going to suck next year most likely. He is the traitor

Foad

« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2020, 02:02:21 PM »
The BE wasn't even a top 5 league in the country last year. It was the most down year for the conference in forever. At least get your facts straight.

Speaking of getting your facts straight the Big East was a top five league in the country last year and was all of .0066 from being a top 2 league in the country.

http://realtimerpi.com/2018-2019/rpi_conf_Men.html

Apology accepted in advance.

Foad

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2020, 02:14:36 PM »
This is what confuses me.

Recruiting was terrible and we blame coaches for that. We should have won more because we had so much talent but bad coaching.

Player does well it's because he's good not because of coaching. Player does poor it's because coaching sucks.

It can't be both sides of these coins all the time.

Facts are we had some really good players, we needed more depth, problem wasn't taking transfers it was losing transfers, and coaching staff should have been more experienced and complementary.

Well they've painted themselves into a corner, haven't they. If Mullin as they claim was the worst.coach.evah he couldn't have done anything well. So they're forced to contort themselves denying obvious facts that would shine a favorable light on Coach Satan: attendance wasn't up and neither were donations; and although recruiting was awful bad coaching dragged down the best talent in the league. Which talent must have spontaneously generated.

It's the same thing in the other direction. Mullin haters have pronounced Coach Home Run the savior come to save the day so nothing he does can be criticized and he's not what his record says he is and ninth place is okay because we're building a winning culture by losing. It all makes perfect sense in a cognitively dissonant sort of way.

TONYD3

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2020, 02:42:30 PM »
Speaking of getting your facts straight the Big East was a top five league in the country last year and was all of .0066 from being a top 2 league in the country.

http://realtimerpi.com/2018-2019/rpi_conf_Men.html

Apology accepted in advance.
May be your dumbest post ever. You realize their are only 6 high Major conferences. The SEC was much better then the big east last year. Last years big East was the worst in my lifetime.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:51:37 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »
That lazy bum cost us 6 seasons. We are going to suck next year most likely. He is the traitor
See what I mean? You got a better term than "traitor" for a guy like this.

Foad

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2020, 03:41:01 PM »
May be your dumbest post ever.

No one will ever be able to say that about any of your posts, because despite the depths of stupid you've already plumbed you reach new bottoms daily.

You realize their are

Case in point. I don't realize "their" are. I might realize there are, if there were. Dumb seventh graders have mastered the difference between there their and they're and yet you regularly stumble over them. It's almost like you're barely literate.

are only 6 high Major conferences. The SEC was much better then

Than, Tesla. The SEC was better than. Not then. Than.

then the big east last year. Last years big East was the worst in my lifetime.

Thank you for this trifecta of non sequiturs. Poster A postulated that the BE was not a top five conference last year. I demonstrated that it was. You find this demonstration the dumbest ever because their are only six power conferences, one of which six had a lower RPI then than the other five.

TONYD3

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2020, 05:07:34 PM »
See what I mean? You got a better term than "traitor" for a guy like this.
You started with the name calling.

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2020, 06:59:42 PM »
No one will ever be able to say that about any of your posts, because despite the depths of stupid you've already plumbed you reach new bottoms daily.

Case in point. I don't realize "their" are. I might realize there are, if there were. Dumb seventh graders have mastered the difference between there their and they're and yet you regularly stumble over them. It's almost like you're barely literate.

Than, Tesla. The SEC was better than. Not then. Than.

Thank you for this trifecta of non sequiturs. Poster A postulated that the BE was not a top five conference last year. I demonstrated that it was. You find this demonstration the dumbest ever because their are only six power conferences, one of which six had a lower RPI then than the other five.

I had considered replying to mssr. Tony but as per usual I’m glad I didn’t

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2020, 07:14:29 PM »
Ready2rumble how many excuses can you make up? 30 minute players don’t transfer. 20-59 was a disgrace

It's exactly what happended. The truth is not an excuse. Your obsession with someone who doesn't know you exist is a disgrace.

SJUFAN

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2020, 07:23:53 PM »
Don't kid yourself. Williard plays the same Nba style isolate Powell offense that Mullin did. Wojo plays isolate the star and get out of the way with Howard even to more extreme.

You conveniently left out the following sentence which I said, ”They preach defense first, effort, rebounding.” I didn’t mention anything about offense. Offense wasn’t the issue.