Davontay Grace - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY - MANHATTAN

• 157 replies

Moose

Re: Davontay Grace - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
That wouldn't be to bad though. If we had better talent around geno, he would've looked way better in his time at st johns. The problem that some people may make is think we're gonna just make a crazy jump as a program and want one and done recruits or suddenly get the top level guys. I want guys who are going to help us win and build as a program over time. Not a Donte Greene type from Syracuse, who did nothing for them besides jack up 3's and play no D. I think Davontay will be a good piece for us, I hope Lav doesn't just let him loose, since he really wasn't one of his guys...

He's gone.
The ship has sailed.
Remember who broke the Slice news

pmg911

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2010, 08:00:25 AM »
I have watched Grace sine he was in the 7th grade and I was coaching against him in AAU. We all thought he was going to be the next great one because he was so big for his age and then we found out he was two years older then everyone else.

As people have caught up to him physcially his ability to dominate other guards has fallen off. He is just not a hig level Big East player, especially at point guard. For the past two year he has consistently been compared to LeVance Fields and that is completely ridiculous. Fields had a lightning quick first step and Grace doesn't, the only things that can fairly be compared between them is their builds and they are both strong.

Seriously, if he was as good as some people think, prep schools would lined up to get him. Does anyone even know where he is going to school next year because he is too old to play in the PSAL next season.?

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »
wow. how old is he?

« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2010, 04:28:10 PM »
wow. how old is he?

Pmg played against Grace in 7th grade

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2010, 12:27:08 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/back_in_good_grace_point_guard_rededicating_Ss5bnqC5kJKX6o1kYAwIEK?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

The Juice All Stars, Grace’s AAU program, didn’t necessarily enjoy a breakout month of July, nor did he. But Grace showed improved stamina and the same playmaking abilities against top-flight competition he always possesses, from his pull-up jump shot, deceptive crossover, and finishing quality around the basket.

One Division I assistant coach familiar with Grace sees him as a Division I player, but not in the Big East. Grace, the coach said, still isn’t in good enough condition, and lacks explosion to the hoop. The coach also feels he would be a better fit as a shooting guard, where his best attributes – his perimeter jump shot and ability to get into the lane – would be better utilized.

“He can play mid-to-low Division I,” the coach said.

When pressed, Grace said he’s fine with playing for a mid-major program or lower. At this point, all he needs is the chance.

Re: Davontay Grace - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY - MANHATTAN
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
I believe Steve Masiello has released  Grace from his LOI at MAnhattan College. Wonder where this man ends up next

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »
New staff isn't impressed or interested in Grace. They want to get guys they recruit in there. Manhattan will be very interesting.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2011, 01:13:13 PM »
New staff isn't impressed or interested in Grace. They want to get guys they recruit in there. Manhattan will be very interesting.

Ya Zach Lamb decomitted when Rohrssen was canned. Also Grace's Jefferson teammate Edson Avilla was released from his LOI

Moose

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »

Ya Zach Lamb decomitted when Rohrssen was canned. Also Grace's Jefferson teammate Edson Avilla was released from his LOI

Masiello is really shooting for the stars.  Avila is a good player for MAAC level. 

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »

Masiello is really shooting for the stars.  Avila is a good player for MAAC level. 

Masiello is going hard after Tony Kimbro Jr. I guess he is shooting for the stars. Manhattan has some nice young talent-if they all stay

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/67005/tony-kimbro-jr

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »

Masiello is going hard after Tony Kimbro Jr. I guess he is shooting for the stars. Manhattan has some nice young talent-if they all stay

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/67005/tony-kimbro-jr

Well he's recruiting where he knows.

Moose

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2011, 01:55:26 PM »

Why is a guy like Kimbro listed with those other big schools still available?

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »

You $hould know why

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »

Eligibility maybe? I think thats what the problem was with Avilla and Grace, wont be eligible

Moose

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2011, 05:50:58 PM »

Eligibility maybe? I think thats what the problem was with Avilla and Grace, wont be eligible

Grace should go join Porky Calhoun down at Northwood.

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2011, 06:03:20 PM »

Grace should go join Porky Calhoun down at Northwood.

He should have gotten "qualitized" at Quality Education Academy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:35:28 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »
Thank God for Lavin

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »
man, Davontay's gonna end up at CW Post or something, isn't he...

« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2011, 03:36:37 PM »

Found out today that Avila is questionable to qualify.

gonzalo

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »
Former St. John's and Manhattan commit Davontay Grace will reclassify and prep next season at CJEOTO.

http://twitter.com/#!/FlyerHoops/status/76134467802120192