Landesberg wants out!

• 54 replies
Landesberg wants out!
« on: March 16, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »
"WTF!! I came to play for him, didnt think I would feel this way." Sylven Landesberg

Uh oh! Looks like there might be some trouble brewing in UVA.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

Re: Landesberg wants out!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
"WTF!! I came to play for him, didnt think I would feel this way." Sylven Landesberg

Where is this quote from.  Did he really say WTF?  What is the reason?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 03:36:38 PM »

Where is this quote from.  Did he really say WTF?  What is the reason?

I wouldn't have printed it if he didn't say it. Via Facebook. I already wrote him to come back home to St. John's.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
The UVA coach was fired.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
I wouldn't have printed it if he didn't say it. Via Facebook. I already wrote him to come back home to St. John's.

Landesberg will either stay at Virginia (depending, on the hire) or go pro before he comes home to St. John's.  Would I love for Landesberg to come home?  Most definitely!!  Do I think he'll come home?  Not really.

Hopefully, he is fed up and transfer to St. John's. 

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 04:14:43 PM »

Landesberg will either stay at Virginia (depending, on the hire) or go pro before he comes home to St. John's.  Would I love for Landesberg to come home?  Most definitely!!  Do I think he'll come home?  Not really.

Hopefully, he is fed up and transfer to St. John's.

He isn't going pro.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »
or maybe he doesn't.  let's see how he feels a few days from now after the heat of the moment...

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
The comment may be a reaction to his firing.

boo3

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 04:31:33 PM »
  he is not going to sit out a year.  He'll  go pro before he transfers. 

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »
WoW ! I can't see how anyone would want to coach he just got there

I can see him putting his name in the draft I read one draft website that said he could be a late 1st rounder. I could see him getting draft 25-30 those teams either need a SG or need youth at SG position. Take LAL  Kobe is not getting any younger & Phil loves tall PGs & Farmer is not really knocking any ones socks off with his play.   
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »
maybe jeff capel takes the job. 

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 04:40:43 PM »

IMO Oklahoma is the better job.  Unless he really misses ACC country...could he bear going into Durham as the enemy?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

sjd8886

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »
he would go pro before transferring, which is sad bc idt he could be anything but a second rounder right now...if he really is pissed, might mean nothing...he is in fact a teenager...as far as st johns, we have no shot unless lance signs...even then, unless lance stays two years, he wont even get to play with him, so lance signed might mean nothing to him...idt theres any way he comes here, when any college coach in the country would take him right now

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »

Strange quote...didn't think he'd feel what way?  Happy that he's gone?

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 04:45:01 PM »

I would think Anthony Grant would have to be the favorite!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 04:47:48 PM »
See, I don't get the talk from Georgia and now Virginia about Jeff Capel.  Isn't he getting paid?  And isn't he coaching at a school that loves their athletic excellence?  Great that Capel's getting his name out there - he'll likely get a raise no matter what happens - but still not sure why folks think guys like him and Tubby are candidates.

Then again... Griffin is leaving after this year. 

But again - Oklahoma's a better job, better recent basketball tradition, no NC Schools to recruit against, and the Sooners can be Big Dog #1 or #2 in that conference more easily than Virginia can over Duke and UNC, with Wake Forest on their tail (w/r/t recent basketball success/ tradition).

Maybe Capel misses mountains.

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »
I think Capel has 2 MCDAA coming in too. (I could be wrong)

boo3

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »

there is nothing in this quote that leads me to believe he wants out.  A little shocked?  yes.  Maybe he didn't realize he had such strong feelings for another man. College is all about trying new things. Whatever float syour boat Syl ;D

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »
Maybe Norm makes a short recruiting trip over to Charlottesville when they are down in Richmond.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/college/college_basketball/article/LEITGAT16_20090316-153204/232969/
"U.Va. players learned of Leitao's decision at a team meeting this afternoon, said Steve Landesberg, father of freshman Sylven Landesberg, the ACC rookie of the year.

"He's very upset," the elder Landesberg said of his son. "They became friends. They got close. He's close with the whole coaching staff. He likes those guys.""

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »

I would think Anthony Grant would have to be the favorite!

he's a lock for a SEC job this summer. imho