Lance,Parrom and Stith

• 60 replies
Lance,Parrom and Stith
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »
Maybe we could swing all 3 to Queens, now that would be something! Some players would have to be asked to leave,redshirt or pay their own way-but damn that would be an insane incoming class! Lance,Omari,Parrom,Hardy and Stith. GIDDY UP! Make it happen Norm and staff
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:12:50 PM by Marco Baldi »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Lance,Parrom and Stith
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:18:18 PM »
I have to say, even though the talent and scholarship distribution would be better, that would be kind of... low - since it would require two more current players to leave.  And guard centric.  And once again... "young." 

But that could be a pretty nice recruiting class. 

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:47:07 PM »
It might be "low," peter....  But, we're trying to WIN after so, many years of being the dregs of the conference.  Not to mention, a late haul of Stephenson, Parrom and Stith would keep most of us off of Norm's arse for a few more months.

Hey!  I'm all for it, Baldi!  C'mon on Lance, Kevin and Malik!  Come to Queens!

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 03:50:29 PM »
Maybe we could swing all 3 to Queens, now that would be something! Some players would have to be asked to leave,redshirt or pay their own way-but damn that would be an insane incoming class! Lance,Omari,Parrom,Hardy and Stith. GIDDY UP! Make it happen Norm and staff

Lance coming would be amazing, becuase of the prospect of one of the three scenerios happening:
1. Lance is the real deal and manages to make us watchable again and somehow gets SJU into at least the NIT.
2. The team still stinks even with Lance and the admin has no choice but fire Norm, though I still wouldn't guarantee it.
3. The VERY real probability of Norm's head exploding, trying to find shots and playing time in the no play calling, pass the ball side to side offense for:
MASE JR- who basically was given free reign for three years to do whatever he wants and who will now be desperately trying to make the pros.
LANCE-The biggest recruit SJU has had since Lopez, who has a rep for being difficult and who will be trying for one and done status.
OMARI-Who would have been Norm's biggest recruit w/o Lance.
HARDY-supposed good shooter on a terrible shooting team.
KENNEDY & HORNE- Two very good all around players who are Norm's best two returning players. 

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »

Lance coming would be amazing, becuase of the prospect of one of the three scenerios happening:
1. Lance is the real deal and manages to make us watchable again and somehow gets SJU into at least the NIT.
2. The team still stinks even with Lance and the admin has no choice but fire Norm, though I still wouldn't guarantee it.
3. The VERY real probability of Norm's head exploding, trying to find shots and playing time in the no play calling, pass the ball side to side offense for:
MASE JR- who basically was given free reign for three years to do whatever he wants and who will now be desperately trying to make the pros.
LANCE-The biggest recruit SJU has had since Lopez, who has a rep for being difficult and who will be trying for one and done status.
KENNEDY & HORNE- Two very good all around players who are Norm's best two returning players.

Some kids who have reps as being "difficult" have flourished. Tyreke Evans and OJ Mayo, are some of the recent ones. But thats a whole other story.

Lets sign Lance and hopefully the other 2 first

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »
It might be "low," peter....  But, we're trying to WIN after so, many years of being the dregs of the conference.  Not to mention, a late haul of Stephenson, Parrom and Stith would keep most of us off of Norm's arse for a few more months.

Hey!  I'm all for it, Baldi!  C'mon on Lance, Kevin and Malik!  Come to Queens!

let me tell you...if this is done, then im no longer a fan of st johns...ive been listening for 5 yrs about doing things the right way...if they ask another two kids to leave to make room for two better options, i wont be able to stomach this programs bs anymore

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

Some kids who have reps as being "difficult" have flourished. Tyreke Evans and OJ Mayo, are some of the recent ones. But thats a whole other story.

And if not there would still be the very real chance of "Born Ready for everything except announcing where he is playing next year" and Junior fighting to the death over the amount of shots. 

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »

And if not there would still be the very real chance of "Born Ready for everything except announcing where he is playing next year" and Junior fighting to the death over the amount of shots.

Either way, we need guys who can put the ball in the basket-Lance does that. Wouldnt you agree?

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »

Either way, we need guys who can put the ball in the basket-Lance does that. Wouldnt you agree?

I am all for it. I still think we will stink, but at least it will be entertaining.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »
Would it be reasonable/ethical to tell Jr that you had 4 years
on us, thanks & here's an "academic scholarship" for 5th year.
But you can't play ball.  Is that allowed by NCAA ?

As much as Jr will help (if healthy) next year --
I think to add 2 of above 3, is much more important
to turn program around
Molloy '71

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
Would it be reasonable/ethical to tell Jr that you had 4 years
on us, thanks & here's an "academic scholarship" for 5th year.
But you can't play ball.  Is that allowed by NCAA ?

As much as Jr will help (if healthy) next year --
I think to add 2 of above 3, is much more important
to turn program around

No it wouldn't be ethical and it would surely get this team in trouble.  What in the world would stop UNC from offering ten kids academic scholarships?  Top 150 kids would GLADLY sit way down on the bench to play for UNC. 

It's just a ridiculous thought.  Anthony Mason Jr. will be on scholarship next year.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
I have an idea.  How about we shoot the ball with 18 seconds left on the shot clock rather than with 1 second left.  We take twice as many shots per game and everyone is happy.  To hell with defense.

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 09:58:04 PM »
I have an idea.  How about we shoot the ball with 18 seconds left on the shot clock rather than with 1 second left.  We take twice as many shots per game and everyone is happy.  To hell with defense.
Outside of the Alex Evans payola scheme, wasn't that the entire Jarvis philosophy?

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 08:11:58 AM »
Baldi its a joke you mention tyreke as a difficult kid who worked out. Because Ty was looking at nova and memphis - not st johns - you were ripping on him to the extreme.  You'd be doing the same w lance if he was looking at nova and uk.  Have some consistency.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 08:20:53 AM »
Baldi its a joke you mention tyreke as a difficult kid who worked out. Because Ty was looking at nova and memphis - not st johns - you were ripping on him to the extreme.  You'd be doing the same w lance if he was looking at nova and uk.  Have some consistency.

What are you talking about? Evans had some problems but it certainly worked in a basketball sense for Memphis, but Im still not a fan of the drive by kids. I probably shouldnt have compared Evans and lance, Lance wasnt involved with any murders

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »
Lance will be under intense scrutiny from NBA scouts next year. Attitude and responsibility will be factored into the equation and could be translated into a big difference in the contract being offered. The Stephenson family is well aware of all of this and I think we are going to see a much more mature Lance Stephenson out on the court next year - hopefully, in a St. John's uniform.

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »

What are you talking about? Evans had some problems but it certainly worked in a basketball sense for Memphis, but Im still not a fan of the drive by kids. I probably shouldnt have compared Evans and lance, Lance wasnt involved with any murders

If Ty was involved in a drive by murder, he'd be in jail.  There are stories and someone he was close with was, but if he wasn't sentenced, I'm not blaming him for it without having personal info and more of it.

Lance was involved in an assault wasn't he?

These are both "difficult" kids.  You pick ones you go for based on whether they deal with Cal and Wright or Norm and Self.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 06:07:23 PM »
So, which 2 is it? Lance and Stith?

sjd8886

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »
So, which 2 is it? Lance and Stith?

stith? no way man, we need more shooting guards  ;D

sjd8886

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »
but seriously, we cant go another year without another pg...malik isnt cutting it...we need stith...and im not saying hes an amazing player, im just saying we need a pg, and hes the best left whos considering us