• 29 replies
Re: How does roster depth work out?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »
and boothe
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 11:55:39 PM »
and boothe

I don't think Boothe is guaranteed a starting position.

This goes again to the question of how the depth will play out. If they don't have a starter named then each guy busts their ass.

I think Boothe will come out on top but I think the competition for the starting spot makes him a better player.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 12:00:07 AM »
stith cant start over boothe...its not gonna happen

kob24

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »
boothe will start. its gonna be boothe,dj,mase,justin,and sean

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 01:03:11 AM »
yup

LJSA

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 04:14:26 AM »
Assuming you guys are right, how's Paris going to take the fact that he doesn't start?

boo3

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »
Assuming you guys are right, how's Paris going to take the fact that he doesn't start?

Paris will be a lot less of a headache than if he put DJ or Mase on the bench.  If anyone will handle it with class,  it would be Paris  IMO.

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 12:11:47 PM »

I think you're right.  That's a good looking line up too.  We know coach loves DJ and Mase.  I wonder if Paris makes a play for the starting SG spot.  DJ can bring in some awesome versatility off the bench.  Or Paris can come in give his energy off the bench.

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 12:27:14 PM »

I think you're right.  That's a good looking line up too.  We know coach loves DJ and Mase.  I wonder if Paris makes a play for the starting SG spot.  DJ can bring in some awesome versatility off the bench.  Or Paris can come in give his energy off the bench.

I agree with you. We do have some exciting combinations and different looks. I like Paris bringing energy off the bench and I do like the tone that DJ sets in terms of controlling the boards and going to the hoop and going to the line.

I think Paris might make a great 6th man.

We can really go with unconventional lineups too.

DJ, Hardy, Paris, Mase, Evans

or

Boothe, Mase, Brownlee, Burrell, Evans

These two looks alone are night and day and the combinations are endless.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 12:47:20 PM »

I agree with you. We do have some exciting combinations and different looks. I like Paris bringing energy off the bench and I do like the tone that DJ sets in terms of controlling the boards and going to the hoop and going to the line.

I think Paris might make a great 6th man.

We can really go with unconventional lineups too.

DJ, Hardy, Paris, Mase, Evans

or

Boothe, Mase, Brownlee, Burrell, Evans

These two looks alone are night and day and the combinations are endless.

I just think we would be a faster team with Horne at the two instead of DJ.  DJ does so much else, though, so I understand starting him. 

I think we'll go unconventional and small.  I think we should see a lot of Boothe-Horne-Mase-Kennedy/Brownlee-Evans/Burrell.  Rotate Kennedy at the 3 and 4, Brownlee at the 4 and possibly 5, Burrell at the 4 and 5, and Hardy at the two.   Boothe will be spelled by Stith.  And there you have your core rotation.

Work in Coker and Omari and Thomas as needed.  Roberts needs to give the youngin's minutes early in the season, but get his core down to no more than nine players come January.