Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - FORDHAM

• 155 replies

Moose

Re: Ryan Rhoomes - F - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - TCU
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2012, 01:55:08 AM »
Also, not feeling so hot about us being mentioned with these couple of new names. It shows that we might not have as many recruits locked up as we think

What new names besides Rhoomes?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2012, 02:28:38 AM »
Also, not feeling so hot about us being mentioned with these couple of new names. It shows that we might not have as many recruits locked up as we think

The kid Nolan

Moose

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2012, 02:39:43 AM »

The kid Nolan

Nolan is going to prep

paultzman

« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2012, 07:01:37 AM »
Remember all we have seen is a Naclerio reference to speaking with Lavin. Let's see what interest is & kid's ability to qualify. The on line course reference always troubles me.

LJSA

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
Remember all we have seen is a Naclerio reference to speaking with Lavin. Let's see what interest is & kid's ability to qualify. The on line course reference always troubles me.

Rhoomes is at best the fourth priority at this point, so we'll be waiting a while for anything with him to develop if he decides that this is the best place for him. I think Obekpa is out and has been for a while, so hopefully Sanchez likes what he hears and commits by Tuesday, and Chandler gets a decision before Pelle, Sampson, and Garrett did.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:27:28 PM by LJSA »

Re: Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »
Visiting Fordham today and Iona on Wednesday per Zags.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:51:32 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »
Grasso is going to lock Rhoomes up on Wednesday with the last scholly

Moose

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2012, 06:38:15 PM »

What happened to your grand plan? Didn't you mention a 4 or 5 star player(s)

MCNPA

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2012, 06:49:44 PM »
 :tickedoff:

Iona landing nice talent.  Fwiw, I think Rhoomes was always a player that should have gone that level.

And fwiw, i hope that "grand plan" includes defense.  Iona had maybe their best shot ever at success with their high powered offense. Cluess did an awful job coaching the team on the defensive side of the ball this season in one of the biggest choke jobs I've seen.  They say defense wins championships and it's true.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:51:58 PM by MCNPA »

Tiznow

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2012, 09:56:03 PM »

Iona landing nice talent.  Fwiw, I think Rhoomes was always a player that should have gone that level.

And fwiw, i hope that "grand plan" includes defense.  Iona had maybe their best shot ever at success with their high powered offense. Cluess did an awful job coaching the team on the defensive side of the ball this season in one of the biggest choke jobs I've seen.  They say defense wins championships and it's true.

Was it much worse than the St John's loss against the Zags two years ago?  Cluess's team showed up for a half.  Lavs team failed from the start.  The tournaments are a crap shoot.  Both men are quality coaches and will bring NY college hoops fans good teams.  I'd even add that Valvano's great Iona team suffered a second half collapse in their NCAA quest when they lost a large lead to Sleepy Floyd's Hoya's.  This was the Iona team that blew eventual NCAA champs L'ville out of MSG in a late season game.  Their NCAA loss was as disappointing as the 83 and 86 SJU losses.

Moose

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »

Was it much worse than the St John's loss against the Zags two years ago?  Cluess's team showed up for a half.  Lavs team failed from the start.  The tournaments are a crap shoot.  Both men are quality coaches and will bring NY college hoops fans good teams.  I'd even add that Valvano's great Iona team suffered a second half collapse in their NCAA quest when they lost a large lead to Sleepy Floyd's Hoya's.  This was the Iona team that blew eventual NCAA champs L'ville out of MSG in a late season game.  Their NCAA loss was as disappointing as the 83 and 86 SJU losses.

Iona didn't lose their leading rebounding and starting SF the game prior.

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »

Can't compare the two, STJ playing first game without NBA talent DJ Kennedy

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »

Was it much worse than the St John's loss against the Zags two years ago?

The difference is Lavin will no doubt have St johns in a very big place in the future ( based on his history ) while Cluess could very well be a soon to be great coach Iona can only go so far.

This was a chance for them to make a splash.

It could be one of the worst choke jobs of ncaa tourney history.

Losing to the zags sucked but we stunk from the beginning of the game pretty much. I hate losing but at least in my mind as a fan it's much easier ro deal with a loss like that than the Iona loss

boo3

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »
Iona basically screwed their entire conference with that massive choke job.  The MAAC will never get an at large bid again.

Tiznow

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
Much better Iona and St John's teams lost (or "choked" if you prefer) in NCAA games.  The Iona team from last season was not that highly touted. 

Both coaches (and staffs) are very good for NY hoops. 

I hope SJU schedules Iona again.  It would make for an interesting early season game and might show that NY team from the Canada border that NYC does not need them.

Poison

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2012, 11:15:33 PM »
Iona basically screwed their entire conference with that massive choke job.  The MAAC will never get an at large bid again.

I think that's right. Iona blew a tremendous lead. But they still had to he good enough to get it. If they had lost by 50, I'd see your point, but on paper, and even technically, they lost a close one.

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2012, 10:20:50 PM »
Rhoomes did not visit Iona. Im going to take a guess and say he lands at St Johns

Chilleb

« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
Rhoomes did not visit Iona. Im going to take a guess and say he lands at St Johns
I doubt we reach especially with the big man prospects for next year

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »
I doubt we reach especially with the big man prospects for next year

Next year is far away. IF Chandler is a no go, whats the next option? Rhoomes will be asked to take a hike next year

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »
Did any of those seniors who technically graduated but can get 1 more year sign yet ? Wasn't there a guy from UCLA ? I'd be all for taking a big guy for a 1 year commitment