Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - FORDHAM

• 155 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Ryan Rhoomes - F - Cardozo HS - Queens, NY
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »
Rhoomes sounded very promising.  I hope he comes into the fold. 

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »
Rhoomes sounded very promising.  I hope he comes into the fold.

He's a project at this point. He's definitely has some physical intangibles that are necessary. I think the more he plays the better he'll get but he's more of a rebounder/defender and not much of an offensive threat. I've seen him play 2-3 times.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
So he'd fit right in - he'd be playing the role of early Coker.  He's prepping as well -- this is the kind of guy who could blow up in prep school, it seems.  But I haven't seen him play.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 10:57:31 AM »
Gosh norm is losing another recruit.....the names are variable but the results are set in stone.....why would ron  naclario  guide any of his players to his alma mater after what they have and contiue to do ...

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »
Gosh norm is losing another recruit.....the names are variable but the results are set in stone.....why would ron  naclario  guide any of his players to his alma mater after what they have and contiue to do ...

Speaking of same results. You have 6 posts here and all of them are of the same nature. Please try and add to discussion rather than just rant and whine. It's not what we do here. Also Rhoomes is still uncommitted.

kob24

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 01:18:36 PM »
because ryan is my kid not rons

LJSA

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
because ryan is my kid not rons

Send him here!

kob24

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »
where ever he feels comfortable and where he fits the style of play he is gonna attend.

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »
Ryan hasn't been a stranger to St. John's. He was at the home opener against LIU.

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
where ever he feels comfortable and where he fits the style of play he is gonna attend.

So how does he feel about us?

kob24

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
the same way he feels about all the others

mkras99

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 12:24:33 AM »
Interesting, because it wasn't too long ago you and others said we were the favorite.

gonzalo

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 07:12:59 AM »
Interesting, because it wasn't too long ago you and others said we were the favorite.

Interesting or depressing?

kob24

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »
lmao dont read too much into a post.

LJSA

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 02:30:12 AM »
I'm certainly not saying KOB is guilty of this, but I just wanted to throw it out there that a coach may be hesitant to send a player to a program where one of his other guys currently plays and gets shit on constantly by the fan base.

I'd probably think twice if I were in that situation.

I definitely want Rhoomes here. I get the feeling he'll emerge from prep school two inches taller, 20 pounds heavier, and have a variety of moves he didn't have before.

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »
Kid goes to the HS i went to. I am good friends with Coach Naclerio over there. Would be nice to get a NY kid to come to STJ again

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »
Kid goes to the HS i went to. I am good friends with Coach Naclerio over there. Would be nice to get a NY kid to come to STJ again

Does Naclerio hold a grudge against St Johns?

pmg911

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »

Does Naclerio hold a grudge against St Johns?

I am not sure if it is against St. John's but he certainly is not a fan of Coach Roberts.

gonzalo

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2009, 03:38:41 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/12/29/coleman-to-visit-louisville-rhoomes-with-big-east-offers-hewitt-waiting-on-offers/

Rhoomes holds four offers, will reclassify

A fast-rising big man in the New York area, Ryan Rhoomes came onto the scene after a strong summer performance at several events, including the Reebok U All-American Camp.

Not surprisingly, Rhoomes’ school list has grown considerably since July.

Currently, he has offers from St. John’s, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and Cincinnati, with interest from Pittsburgh, Marquette and Iowa State.

“I had two home meetings with St. John’s and Virginia Tech,” Rhoomes said. “And West Virginia came to my school.”

Furthermore, Rhoomes told NBE Basketball Report that he plans on reclassifying to the class of 2011.

“[I need] to develop more,” said Rhoomes, who will attend South Kent (Conn.) next season.

With his college decision pushed back for another year, Rhoomes does not have a timetable for when he will pick a school.

“I want to [choose a school this year],” he said. “But I don’t really know what I want in a school yet.”

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 06:55:46 PM »
Why wouldn't a kid like Ryan be adversely effected by what he sees happening with Justin? I feel the same applies to the big kid from Lincoln, formerly of Saint John Prep. Playing time is an important issue to new recruits. However, that, in my opinion, is negated by a lousy style of play, nobody from SJU getting to the NBA and the contrast with the success of local kids at Pitt, WV, Loisville, UCONN, etc. Who can blame these kids! I defer to KOB's expertise on this.