Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - FORDHAM

• 155 replies

Marillac

Re: Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2012, 11:17:21 PM »
Rhoomes did not visit Iona. Im going to take a guess and say he lands at St Johns
I doubt we reach especially with the big man prospects for next year

Next year is far away. IF Chandler is a no go, whats the next option? Rhoomes will be asked to take a hike next year

He's 6'8.  What's the point of reaching for a kid that would be our fourth best 6'8 player?  I'd rather have Garrett at 6'6 and an extra year of experience playing at the four. 

kob24

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2012, 11:20:25 PM »
I don't deal with Ryan anymore but I doubt he goes to st johns

Chilleb

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »
Rhoomes did not visit Iona. Im going to take a guess and say he lands at St Johns
I doubt we reach especially with the big man prospects for next year

Next year is far away. IF Chandler is a no go, whats the next option? Rhoomes will be asked to take a hike next year

He's 6'8.  What's the point of reaching for a kid that would be our fourth best 6'8 player?  I'd rather have Garrett at 6'6 and an extra year of experience playing at the four.
Bingo

LJSA

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2012, 11:27:40 PM »

I really don't think the staff takes someone just for the sake of taking someone, so if he ends up here they must see something, rather than simple desperation for size.

LJSA

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »
Did any of those seniors who technically graduated but can get 1 more year sign yet ? Wasn't there a guy from UCLA ? I'd be all for taking a big guy for a 1 year commitment

Crgreen said it looks like UCLA's Stover will graduate early and have two seasons of immediate eligibility. But that's something that will have to wait until UCLA's commencement, I suppose. He just had shoulder surgery, though, so he'd be out four months. He could bond with the guys off the court, but not on it.

MCNPA

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »

I really don't think the staff takes someone just for the sake of taking someone, so if he ends up here they must see something, rather than simple desperation for size.

Agree here.  We have plenty of talent already here or coming in.  No reason to reach just to grab a warm body.  I don't think Lavin will do that.  Still Chandler, Obekpa, Stover and maybe even others.  Time will tell.  I still want Chandler.

paultzman

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Former Cardozo standout and TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes is headed to Fordham, per a source. Big get for the Rams. #boyshoops”

Poison

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »
Did we not have interest in him?

paultzman

« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2012, 04:16:50 PM »
No, to my knowledge.

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Former Cardozo standout and TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes is headed to Fordham, per a source. Big get for the Rams. #boyshoops”

Wow. Why the hell would he go there?

paultzman

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong.

“@NYPost_Brazille: Ron Naclerio confirms Rhoomes to Fordham. Iona, Seton Hall, St. John's, Rhode Island, Temple and Hofstra were all trying to get involved.”

Moose

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong.

“@NYPost_Brazille: Ron Naclerio confirms Rhoomes to Fordham. Iona, Seton Hall, St. John's, Rhode Island, Temple and Hofstra were all trying to get involved.”

KOB mentioned he's not with Ryan anymore but didn't see him coming here.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »

Big fish, little pond.

paultzman

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »
Ryan certainly will be challenged in A10, a very good league getting better. If all this football driven realignment continues in coming years, I can see possibility of BE non football schools melding with strong A10 teams. Hope it doesn't come to that. Anyway, good luck Ryan!

Re: Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - FORDHAM
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »

Big fish, little pond.

Ya Im sure Chris Gaston is enjoying all the losing. MOre of the same coming for Rhoomes

Marillac

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2012, 07:43:41 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong.

Interest can mean anything.  Lav has been interested in dozen of players, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would take them even if they say they wanted to come.  Nuri said he had interest fromUK, and nobody could corroborate that claim.

paultzman

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong.

Interest can mean anything.  Lav has been interested in dozen of players, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would take them even if they say they wanted to come.  Nuri said he had interest fromUK, and nobody could corroborate that claim.

Also, Ron N. known to pump stuff up to promote Cardoza and his coaching/teaching ability. Can't blame him!

RedVet

« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2012, 11:44:18 PM »
The A10 is a great choice for him. But based on hearsay, I don't get his having the academics to go to Fordham ... or have things changed that much over the last few years (or has the hearsay been off base)?

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
The A10 is a great choice for him. But based on hearsay, I don't get his having the academics to go to Fordham ... or have things changed that much over the last few years (or has the hearsay been off base)?

Oh do you mean the Harvard of the East?

Poison

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2012, 12:06:44 AM »

Smush Parker got into Fordham. I've always seen it as a thug school.