Marquette Post Game Discussion

• 62 replies
Re: Marquette Post Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »
Some of JB's passes last night were outstanding but he's our second or third best shooter and we need him to put the ball up more. Burrell's hesitancy to shoot last night was reminiscent of him last year and earlier this season.

Did any one else notice how many shots we take when there are no Johnny jerseys anywhere near the basket? This virtually forfeits the possibility of a rebound. In the same vein doesn't anyone follow up on their outside shots anymore?

Poison

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 01:53:43 PM »
Some of JB's passes last night were outstanding but he's our second or third best shooter and we need him to put the ball up more. Burrell's hesitancy to shoot last night was reminiscent of him last year and earlier this season.

Did any one else notice how many shots we take when there are no Johnny jerseys anywhere near the basket? This virtually forfeits the possibility of a rebound. In the same vein doesn't anyone follow up on their outside shots anymore?

Chuckers. Brownlee, Horne, Hardy and DJ have been doing that all season. I can't recall it ever going in.

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »
Also he showed Sean Evans how to finish with a monster dunk.

when he threw down this monster dunk, he was being guarded by one of thier guards. he had about a 6" on him, and at least 75 pounds.

What's your point?

that he wouldn't of dunked if he was matched up against someone his size. he would of passed out. so i dont see why you made a point of him throwing down a monster dunk.

also, the reason he finished with 4 shots is because he had zero confidence.  he passed up tons of good looks.

i agree dude. he doesnt get the ball as much as he should in post, and when he does, all he does is pass out.

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 02:18:25 PM »
I don't think the unemployment rate has ever been 2%. (first link I saw with historical data is here: http://www.davemanuel.com/historical-unemployment-rates-in-the-united-states.php)
So you're saying it's impossible?  He could get more looks with a new coach.
Structural and frictional unemployment would make it almost impossible to reach 2% in the US economy. Realistically, it will take a very long time before we again reach the Clintonian levels of unemployment rates in the low four percent range.

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
Also he showed Sean Evans how to finish with a monster dunk.

when he threw down this monster dunk, he was being guarded by one of thier guards. he had about a 6" on him, and at least 75 pounds.

What's your point?

that he wouldn't of dunked if he was matched up against someone his size. he would of passed out. so i dont see why you made a point of him throwing down a monster dunk.

also, the reason he finished with 4 shots is because he had zero confidence.  he passed up tons of good looks.

i agree dude. he doesnt get the ball as much as he should in post, and when he does, all he does is pass out.

Who did Sean Evans have on him? The Holy Spirit? Gravity?

Evans ALWAYS lays up the ball. Check out the post game interview on redstormsports and you even see him take another layup. DUNK IT!

I really fail to see who was "guarding" him has to do with anything. He was surrounded in the paint and he got up and slammed it. Also whats your problem with him passing it out of the post for 5 ast? We scored 12 points off those passes
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
i have no problem with him passing out, assists are good, esp. for a team that averages under ten a game.

yeah, he had 5 assists last night, but is still averaging less that 1 a game.

he passes out too much.  last night was the rare exception where his pass outs led to a basket.

most of the time he passes out, which leads to nothing.

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 02:51:33 PM »
It wudn't SE's blown layup that was embarrassing. It was that only Marq hustled down the court fo the board. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
I don't think the unemployment rate has ever been 2%. (first link I saw with historical data is here: http://www.davemanuel.com/historical-unemployment-rates-in-the-united-states.php)
So you're saying it's impossible?  He could get more looks with a new coach.
Structural and frictional unemployment would make it almost impossible to reach 2% in the US economy. Realistically, it will take a very long time before we again reach the Clintonian levels of unemployment rates in the low four percent range.
Yes, that's the point - I hate when people don't understand that.  Though I know xhoops was trying to make a point that didn't involve accuracy of unemployment figures.

kob24

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 04:39:15 PM »
hold on im confused he get 3 shots against usf and its ok because we win but he takes 4 shots and doesnt look for the ball and we lose and he played bad. thats kinda crazy. the past few games he finally returns and they dont even look for him this shit was bound to happen. the only reason why im ok with it was because he was grabbing rebounds and getting assist. he was diving on the floor and playing defense. when the hell did butler become a 3 point threat. i would have told justin to back off. after he made 2 or three then it caused a huge problem and then he was taking justin off the dribble and getting him into foul trouble. but let me ask this question who was guarding haywood? hmmmmm. i told him if his shot isnt falling u better be doing something else. why couldnt brownlee or evans or coker or thomas or omari or paris or mase or stith pick up the slack and score. matter of fact why isnt anyone saying that??????? i predicted 5 attempts i was off by one even if he was playing passive u still pass him the ball. he was still getting people open. oh yeah if that was justin in the open court he would have crushed it from that deep. that was evans trying to be cute and that was the game changer. nothing else

kob24

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 04:42:13 PM »
and at the start of the game buzz wasnt stupid he was sending 2 and 3 people at him. he stopped doing it mid way in the second justin and his staff didnt adjust.

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »
hold on im confused he get 3 shots against usf and its ok because we win but he takes 4 shots and doesnt look for the ball and we lose and he played bad. thats kinda crazy. the past few games he finally returns and they dont even look for him this shit was bound to happen. the only reason why im ok with it was because he was grabbing rebounds and getting assist. he was diving on the floor and playing defense. when the hell did butler become a 3 point threat. i would have told justin to back off. after he made 2 or three then it caused a huge problem and then he was taking justin off the dribble and getting him into foul trouble. but let me ask this question who was guarding haywood? hmmmmm. i told him if his shot isnt falling u better be doing something else. why couldnt brownlee or evans or coker or thomas or omari or paris or mase or stith pick up the slack and score. matter of fact why isnt anyone saying that??????? i predicted 5 attempts i was off by one even if he was playing passive u still pass him the ball. he was still getting people open. oh yeah if that was justin in the open court he would have crushed it from that deep. that was evans trying to be cute and that was the game changer. nothing else

Can't score if you don't play...  But I agree with you on your point about Burrell.

Poison

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 04:57:02 PM »
and at the start of the game buzz wasnt stupid he was sending 2 and 3 people at him. he stopped doing it mid way in the second justin and his staff didnt adjust.

Our staff never adjusts.

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
kob, butler made only 1 of the threes, but he IS shooting 54% from three on the season, so its not like you can guard him like malik boothe.  you do have to contest his shots.

i forget who he gave up the other 2 threes to other than butler.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

boo3

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
  Contrary to popular belief, not every game is decided by Justin Burrell's play, good or bad.

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
I'd prefer Butler to shoot a 3 then to drive. That dude gets to the FT line at alarming rates. Either way I think he should be covered all over the court.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

xhoops

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »
kob, butler made only 1 of the threes, but he IS shooting 54% from three on the season, so its not like you can guard him like malik boothe.  you do have to contest his shots.

Isn't Butler a guard  ?

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »
We're just freakin snakebit.  Every little thing had to go exactly MU's way from the Evan's miss right thru the miracle buzzer beater.  There were many what ifs.

I must have done something very bad in a past life to deserve this crap.

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »
My wife (the Marquette grad) has a student teacher from St. John's who is on the dance team. She even saw her on tv last night.

This morning her teaching assistant said that everyone from the Norm on down was pretty devastated and that she & her dance teammates could see some of the guys taking it really hard...crying & despondent. Just goes to show you how the guys had their hearts really ripped out last night. Hope they can use this going forward somehow.

Been thinking it over...don't know which loss was worse...the thrashing last year in the BET or last night.

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2010, 12:24:58 AM »
yep. where were you??

Sec 3 Row D.  I wish you hadn't had the opportunity to put it on at all.  Tough loss.

xhoops

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 12:47:15 AM »

More than just JB to cover 3's......he is an inside guy