It comes down to this....

• 32 replies
Re: It comes down to this....
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
It's not like a win for UConn does any good for them, they aren't making the tourney unless then win at least 2 games anyway. Therefore, I can against St.Johns.

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
We win tuesday and I feel Norm will def be back. We lose and I think he is gone.

I gotta agreee with pops here. If you guys find it in your heart to root for Calhoun and Uconn, I wll be impressed

WHy should this one game make a difference if he is back or not?  The results and the body of work from the last 30 games means nothing?  Like Marillac said, he should be gone no matter what happens.

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
We win tuesday and I feel Norm will def be back. We lose and I think he is gone.

I gotta agreee with pops here. If you guys find it in your heart to root for Calhoun and Uconn, I wll be impressed

WHy should this one game make a difference if he is back or not?  The results and the body of work from the last 30 games means nothing?  Like Marillac said, he should be gone no matter what happens.

He should have been fired three years ago. The admin clearly disagrees with most of us and IMO 17 wins gives them amno not to fire him.

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
Francessa just said schools(SJU,Rutgers) dont want to have to pay the buyouts and have to spend money on the new coach. Both schools being strapped for cash

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »
Francessa just said schools(SJU,Rutgers) dont want to have to pay the buyouts and have to spend money on the new coach. Both schools being strapped for cash
in other words, since coaches virtually always have buyouts..their contracts are really lifetime
yeah, that makes sense.

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
Having a crappy team with little to no attendance doesnt help either, especially with the deal with the Garden.  But i do understand the point and since i dont know the finances of the school can understand from a practical standpoint.  As a fan who doesnt worry abt the budget, i think otherwise.

boo3

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »
 Roberts buyout is only 150k from what i've read.  Repole left that for a tip at lunch today.

kob24

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »
wasju u want to make a bet with me?

mkras99

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 03:43:02 PM »

So you think Norm is back, win or lose against UConn?

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »

If we lose tomorrow by 50, would I be shocked if Norm is retained? No. If he is to be fired I think the chances are better if we lose. If we win, there is no way he is fired, which was basically my point. With that being said I don't have any confidence in the admin so no, I am not comfortable enough to make that bet.

BTW I hate Uconn and always will so I am rooting for us.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:46:32 PM by we are sju »

Tha Kid

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
KOB - I'll make the bet.  So IF St. John's loses, and Norm is fired before next season, I win, if he is retained, you win.  If St. John's wins, we both win (bc they beat UConn) and bet is off?

What do you want to bet?  Something funny on the signature?  20 bones? Drinks at a Johnny Jungle get together?  Let me iknow...

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:17:23 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 04:59:01 PM »
KOB - I'll make the bet.  So IF St. John's loses, and Norm is fired before next season, I win, if he is retained, you win.  If St. John's wins, we both win (bc they beat UConn) and bet is off?

What do you want to bet?  Something funny on the signature?  20 bones? Drinks at a Johnny Jungle get together?  Let me iknow...

If Norm is retained, you both lose.

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »
I still want to win tomorrow. I HATE UCONN!! If we win and beat Marquette we could still go to NIT. NIt ology still has us as a 4 seed. It would be nice to enjoy a few more games. Decide on our coach after the season. If our season ends before 5:00 tomorrow however, Norm shouldnt be allowed in locker room after the game.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:41:51 PM by TONYD3 »