Not knowing who the new coach will be...

• 43 replies

Foad

Re: Not knowing who the new coach will be...
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 04:25:20 PM »
Have you figured what your new shtick will be once we get a new coach? New guy will have a nice honeymoon period where everyone will love him. You going to go the other way and criticize evrything he does ;)

If it's Greenberg he'll probably convert to Islam. Mohammed Baldi.

Poison

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 04:37:57 PM »
Have you figured what your new shtick will be once we get a new coach? New guy will have a nice honeymoon period where everyone will love him. You going to go the other way and criticize evrything he does ;)

Why would you suggest that?

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »

Becuase it was pretty funny?

Poison

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »

Perhaps I missed the joke. Please explain it to me. Slowly.

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »

Because Baldi's a contrarian.
Baldi's not down with the Muslims. Not even bean pie and bowtie Muslims.  I think Baldi goes Hasidim and talks about how Greenberg isn;t religious enough.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 04:57:55 PM »

Muslims do not like Jewish people. Greenberg is Jewish. Since everyone will be loving the new coach, Bluto will have to adjust accordingly. Converting to Islam seems as good a way as any.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »

Muslims do not like Jewish people. Greenberg is Jewish. Since everyone will be loving the new coach, Bluto will have to adjust accordingly. Converting to Islam seems as good a way as any.

I get it. He should become a bigot. Well played by all. Thank you.

Ever consider that maybe the real reason why Sylven Landesberg chose to play at Virginia over SJU is because he knew he'd surrounded by people who think like this?

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 05:08:50 PM »
I guess all the Norm haters are racist too? haha

Poison

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 05:12:32 PM »
I guess all the Norm haters are racist too? haha

Funny, it hasn't come up.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »

Ever consider that maybe the real reason why Sylven Landesberg chose to play at Virginia over SJU is because he knew he'd surrounded by people who think like this?
Maybe!  For me, it's playing on the stereotype.  No one is hating on Jewish people! 

And WASJU, some Muslims like Jewish people.  Some Jewish people like Muslims.  Some on both sides have a nearly irrational hate of the other.

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 05:17:05 PM »

Maybe!  For me, it's playing on the stereotype.  No one is hating on Jewish people! 

And WASJU, some Muslims like Jewish people.  Some Jewish people like Muslims.  Some on both sides have a nearly irrational hate of the other.

Here I thought Muslims hated everybody? Learn something new everyday :-*

Poison

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »

Frankly, no one should be discussing anyone's religion here.
This is a basketball site. It has nothing to do with religion.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »
I don't mind talking religion, but it can certainly go to the wrong places.  Your distaste for religion talk is duly noted, Poison.

Marillac

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »
Other than MAYBE Pitt, I don't think there is a single team that we couldn't be better than next year with a great coach.

You are the most mercurial poster evah.

Perhaps you are right.  I thought we had the experience and talent to finish in the top half of the conference this year.  I definitely underestimated how good some of the teams would be.  Syracuse really surprised me, but I didn't know what to expect with Wes Johnson. 

Next year we will start five seniors--most of which started for our seasons.  We will be the most experienced team in the conference.  Hopefully, we will finally have a coach that can utilize the talent on the roster.  That will be the big key.

I am probably underestimating some teams for next year as well.  Teams find a way to step up in this conference.  I'm sure there will be a team or two that makes the top ten nationally. 

Wods317

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »
I think we finish somewhere from 6th-9th. With so many seniors and a new coach we are bound to jump up at least a few spots. The team was more competitive this year and with a new coach can win a lot those games we blew in the second half. We will probably finish 10-8 or 9-9 next year with a good coach maybe better if players improve in the offseason.

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
I think we finish somewhere from 6th-9th. With so many seniors and a new coach we are bound to jump up at least a few spots. The team was more competitive this year and with a new coach can win a lot those games we blew in the second half. We will probably finish 10-8 or 9-9 next year with a good coach maybe better if players improve in the offseason.

I think we win the Providence game if Boothe plays.  I also think a better coach would have had us come out on top in some of the close games. 

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »
Being a fan of the program i have to hope for and root for the best

being realistic i have to expect the worst. lets face it, if we get a new coach we are in a clear disadvantage compared to other big east teams. every other team will have coaches who have been there for a while (except possibly rutgers and depaul) and those coaches have had time to develop "their" players. we dont know how "norms players" will react with the new guy. i wouldnt be surprised to hear of a transfer or 2. a new coach also brings a plus becuase he could bring "his" recruits from a previous school 2 sju. either way i expect some growing pains with our current team and new coach but still hope for the best.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
Being a fan of the program i have to hope for and root for the best

being realistic i have to expect the worst. lets face it, if we get a new coach we are in a clear disadvantage compared to other big east teams. every other team will have coaches who have been there for a while (except possibly rutgers and depaul) and those coaches have had time to develop "their" players. we dont know how "norms players" will react with the new guy. i wouldnt be surprised to hear of a transfer or 2. a new coach also brings a plus becuase he could bring "his" recruits from a previous school 2 sju. either way i expect some growing pains with our current team and new coach but still hope for the best.

There is a certain energy that is created by a good hire.  When Jarvis came, he was the king for a while.  We landed the #1 recruiting class in the country.  Every big recruit we went after at least considered us. 

There will be opportunity and hope with a good hire.  With Norm here, no coach really wanted to send his kid to a losing program that was unlikely to change.

Foad

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »

Yeah, SL probably moved to the Confederate States of America because I made a joke about Baldi. Also, Lance Stephenson went to Cincinnati because of a book review I wrote on Amazon. You really have your finger on the pulse.