I hate this season....

• 59 replies

Tha Kid

Re: I hate this season....
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »
I believe you can get beer at the carrier dome

all of the arenas you are mentioning are big time arenas that also host concerts or other activities...I really didnt think Carrier Dome served alcohol though...they arent Cameron Indoor or Dean Dome or similar on-campus primarily NCAA ball arenas
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 08:07:54 PM »
you can also get beer at the dunkin center in providence too....pc also has a bar on campus

You can get some Cognac and Vodka in the UConn parking lot

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
i hate that my friends laugh at me when i wear st. john's clothing....and you can definately get beer at the carrier dome.

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 08:33:05 PM »
i hate this season because the season is so insignificant that we need to post why we hate this season.....

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 10:50:28 PM »
I hate this season because in my 4 years at STJ i will only see ONE big east tourn while my friends below me will see one each year. I hate this season because St Johns does not know how to do a student section and the students are once again all over the place. I hate this season because we have zero recruits coming in. I hate this season because people really think Norm is going somewhere look at the womens soccer coach 15 yrs here and how many ncaa tourns? I hate this season because this is my last year as a student and all i wanted to see was good basketball and never did..........................

kob24

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24:43 PM »
i hate the music they play during warmups. how can the players get hyped to those old ass songs

whoa I hope you're not referring to welcome to the jungle
nah i love welcome to jungle.thats a nyc anthem.  im talking about the god awful song "i like that" by the guy who pulled his eye out

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »
i'm so wonder bread i know absolutely nothing about r&b and hip hop and I have no idea what "i like that" is and I got ridiculed by a group of freshman girls earlier this year because I told them Chris Brown was the running back for the Titans. I am a fan of old school rap though.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
i'm so wonder bread i know absolutely nothing about r&b and hip hop and I have no idea what "i like that" is and I got ridiculed by a group of freshman girls earlier this year because I told them Chris Brown was the running back for the Titans. I am a fan of old school rap though.

"JUICE" by Erric B. and Rakim

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 02:25:52 AM »
they should start playing some hanna montana isnt that big amongst the young people? get some new kids to the game who one day may  be a stj fan

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 11:53:44 AM »
i hate that my friends laugh at me when i wear st. john's clothing....and you can definately get beer at the carrier dome.

me too...and I hate the fact that my friends are Duke and Uconn fans too
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Tha Kid

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »
you can also get beer at the dunkin center in providence too....pc also has a bar on campus

You can get some Cognac and Vodka in the UConn parking lot

I hear you're just supposed to ask for "lil' dougie" and he'll hook you up.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
i hate this season because we can't win a road game and we play USF, Cincy, and Rutgers on the road

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »
i hate this season because i haven't bet for or against the johnnies when I would have won money every time

kob24

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »
i hate this season because i have to attend every smacking

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 11:02:12 AM »
I hate this season bc I can honestly say I dont even care anymore, and have just come with the reality to accept the losing.  I used to be so pumped for games and figure out ways to get to and from them all and now I barely remember to put on the tv. 

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »
I hate this season because it's so obvious that we have no chance that I knew not to bother going yesterday. I hate that G'Town chucked up that needless 3 to rub it in. I hate that I watched KSU beat Kansas for the first time in forever and could hardly remember that emotion of basketball-related happiness because I hardly remember beating someone we hate and I can't imagine it happening soon. I hate that I love college basketball but could never get into the NBA after MJ was gone because I just wanted an SJU grad to root for (and obv. I didn't try hard enough with Artest on that one) and when it became obvious that it'd be a long time before that happened I finally gave up and latched on to Durant last year (even though I really hated him when they beat us by one when our wonderful coach couldn't draw up a play with like 15 seconds left and the ball) and even that didn't work out lol. I hate that yesterday CSTV showed our game in 1999 against Duke when we were #9 in the country and even though I was at that game I nearly died of shock from realizing we were top 10 in the last 10 years. I hate that I watched that game even though I know we lost because we got it to OT against the best team in the country with 6 players and even in defeat back then we could be proud of our effort. Most of all I hate that I watched that game and couldn't figure out why we fired Jarvis (who I hated soo much lol) for Norm who has led us straight to failure. I hate the fact that I'm even saying that because I wanted him gone for so long it was unbelievable. And maybe it was because he had Fraschilla's players at first or maybe it was because he finally found one gem in Hatten but we actually won when he was around sad to say. Maybe losing in the first round or even winning the NIT didn't seem so great then but god I just want to win again. And even though I really can't picture it getting worse than yesterday, I don't think it will get much better with Norm around. I'm glad the players go to class and do well, but give them some credit (which I'm making the assumption the administration will not do) and don't keep a losing coach around for that. This was the last game I plan to miss this year because I know deep down they are too embarassed to let that happen again. But barring the biggest miracle in a long time, Norm has got to go and very very soon.

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »
because I can't even get upset or angry anymore. I was at the game last night and while driving home heard the Schmoozer on WFAN say that the game shouldn't have been televised, that there shouldn't have been any fans there, that the game shouldn't have been played. He then described it as a disaster, a debacle and a disgrace and said that it was like watching a Division I team playing a high school team. Guess what? I couldn't disagree with him. How bad was it? None of the Georgetown fans were laughing at us or deriding us. You don't do that to a deadman walking. That's how bad it was.

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »
because we still have to play Duke at Duke :'(

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2008, 04:47:19 PM »
i hate this season how cstv is not supported for mac users

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »
thought i'd bring this back...

I hate this season because we have multiple game of shooting 25%