Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA

• 284 replies
Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2009, 12:33:34 PM »
"Right now, as far as I know, he's reopened his recruiting to include five schools, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall, Marquette and Tennessee," says Young.

According to Young, St. John's is still on Pinkston's short list even though the Red Storm recently gave their only scholarship to Ronald Roberts from St. Peter's Prep at the Fall signing deadline. Because Pinkston missed the Fall signing deadline, any commitment made would only be a verbal one that would officially inked in the Spring. "If they really want him, they can make it happen," says Young.

As far was what Pinkston is looking for, Young says, "His priorities are still the same. He wants to run, play up tempo with pressure defense. He also wants to play in a winning culture."

Young says that, Pinkston doesn't want a long drawn out recruiting process. "Jayvaughn's gonna probably do something during the next couple of weeks," says Young.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1022554&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2009, 12:43:46 PM »
even though the Red Storm recently gave their only scholarship to Ronald Roberts from St. Peter's Prep

Well Mason's a senior, so...

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
even though the Red Storm recently gave their only scholarship to Ronald Roberts from St. Peter's Prep

Well Mason's a senior, so...

Yea...thats the scholarship they gave to roberts

« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2009, 03:00:06 PM »
We will make room for Jayvaughn

« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
I think the best case would be to send roberts off to prep so he can join the freshman class which will need to replace our current junior class. That way if we got pinkston (a big if) he could be ready to really contribute his sophomore year with omari stith quiincy and 9 freshmen/jc transfers.

will need all the help we can get that year from this years class, as it looks pinkston is far better than roberts at this stage of the game.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
I think the best case would be to send roberts off to prep so he can join the freshman class which will need to replace our current junior class. That way if we got pinkston (a big if) he could be ready to really contribute his sophomore year with omari stith quiincy and 9 freshmen/jc transfers.

will need all the help we can get that year from this years class, as it looks pinkston is far better than roberts at this stage of the game.
If that is an option, I don't know the rules about a player playing prep ball. That would not only make sense it would be great. Roberts could use an extra year to develop and we need Pinkston.

Poison

« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2009, 12:17:52 AM »
Maybe Quincy could still red shirt?
Maybe Ron Roberts could prep for a year. They do say his game is raw.

« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2009, 12:20:52 AM »
Redshirting doesn't help our scholarship situation.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJU79

« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2009, 09:32:41 AM »
J is down to Nova, SJU and SH.  He is not a big follower of the game and will 100% go where Young tells him. Not that Kimani is doing anything wrong but J and his family trusts him and they dont know much about colleges or their styles of play. Again Norm has told J and his family a ship will be avail for him. Their are "people" close to him that want SJU.

« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »
J is down to Nova, SJU and SH.  He is not a big follower of the game and will 100% go where Young tells him. Not that Kimani is doing anything wrong but J and his family trusts him and they dont know much about colleges or their styles of play. Again Norm has told J and his family a ship will be avail for him. Their are "people" close to him that want SJU.

Thanks, SJU79....  Keep up informed on this development.  I have a bad feeling that he's gonna choose 'Nova, but I do think it will be between St. John's and 'Nova. 

Hopefully, for the fact he's not a big follower of the game that it'll be easier to get him to come to St. John's.  Not to mention, I hope the people who are close to him can really sway him (along, with Kimani) to attend St. John's. 

Pinkston will be a big recruiting coup and will go a long way with next year's squad....  As, I think Pinkston with the likes of DJ, Horne, Brownlee and Hardy have the makings of a first tier Big East team. 

« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »
Is this kid going to be eligible? Ive heard some things otherwise

kob24

« Reply #231 on: December 01, 2009, 04:08:46 PM »
marco the same was said about lance he will be eligible

« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »
Subject says it all.  Announcing on Thursday at noon. According to Dave Telep on Twitter

http://twitter.com/DaveTelep
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »
What are his final choices? Where is he announcing?

Tha Kid

« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2009, 06:27:50 PM »

What do u mean "subject says it all?"
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2009, 07:34:28 PM »
I'm hoping and praying it's the Johnnies, but got a funny feeling it's 'Nova.  Hopefully, the people who are close to him can help sway him to St. John's.  What do you know, SJU79?                 

SJU79

« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2009, 09:04:26 PM »
Villanova
Once he announces at noon I will post what I know as to why

« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2009, 09:16:52 PM »
Villanova
Once he announces at noon I will post what I know as to why

Damn....sorry to hear that. Going to be hard watching him play against us...sameway way with Lance.

« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »
That sucks...I think he would've provided momentum for the 2011 class.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2009, 10:07:13 PM »
Pinkston to Nova as per the NY Post. http://bit.ly/7ZinIU
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap