• 328 replies
Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« on: March 30, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »
PG________________
SG Sylven Landesberg
SF Omari Lawrence
PF Ron Roberts
C_________________

I need more time to find the other 2. But who ya got?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:29:35 PM by Marco Baldi »

kjd01067

Re: Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30:35 PM »
I really don't see Landesberg coming here but one can dream

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:32:02 PM »
My guess is Syl isn't playing college again.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:36:03 PM »
Syl wants to play PG duhhh how much you forget from '07 recruiting
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »
PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Sylven Landesberg
SF Omari Lawrence
PF Ron Roberts
C_________________

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:12:05 PM »
i want jabari hinds so bad! love leftys and that kid is dynamic
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »
PG: Myles Mack 5'9" Paterson Catholic: A classic "PT boat" as Al McGuire says whose shooting ability propels him to Big East level despite his size.

SG: Nate Gause 6'4" Poughkipsee HS Exposive athlete and shooter..not known nationally yet but a tremendous talent who could blow up on the AAU circut this summer.

SF: Omari Lawrence Jr.  He'll play point forward at times in a lineup that tries to get two great shooters looks. I also think a full summer on campus will help with conditioning issues

PF: Ron Roberts Soph He'll have a year of play under his belt and the feeling here is that coach Lav will like his length quickness and nose for the ball.

C Derrick Randall: Mack's teammate at Paterson Catholic. Brooklyn native now in New Jersey the best of a number of kids who project as college sized centers (6'8 and up) tremendous rebounder whose shot blocking could translate well to college despite giving up some size. Competes for every rebound..I can dream can't I?? I love this kid.
Other possibilites: First and foremost I think if he's healthy and stays put Quincy Roberts will be a factor in the program. He'll go back to a wing position and his shooting will be better for it.
Other possible recruits from the 2010 class might be..Mike Taylor Boys and Girls shooting guard.Lucky Jones St. Anthony's 6'6" swingman. Myles Davis St. Peter's shooting guard. PJ Torres swingman from New Rochelle whose feet are a little slow but whose offensive skill is right there.Also Rice star Jermaine Saunders is a terrific all around player whose scoring touch has improved dramatically.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 06:46:57 PM »
Would most of these lineups be good enough to make the tournament? Maybe more?

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:12:11 AM »
 PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Sylven Landesberg
F Omari Lawrence
F Chris Gaston
F Ron Roberts

sjd8886

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 12:21:25 AM »
PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Sylven Landesberg
F Omari Lawrence
F Chris Gaston
F Ron Roberts

thats a pretty small team...gaston is 6'7 and roberts is listed 6'6/6'7 himself

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 12:23:20 AM »
PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Sylven Landesberg
F Omari Lawrence
F Chris Gaston
F Ron Roberts

thats a pretty small team...gaston is 6'7 and roberts is listed 6'6/6'7 himself

Villanova had some success with a similar lineup. Im just throwin it around, run and gun

mkras99

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 12:43:45 AM »
There will be unknown jucos in the starting lineup.

Can't see Gaston coming here.  Definitely can't see both Gaston and Syl.

Marco - why not add Dexter Strickland to your starting lineup?

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 12:50:40 AM »
There will be unknown jucos in the starting lineup.

Can't see Gaston coming here.  Definitely can't see both Gaston and Syl.

Marco - why not add Dexter Strickland to your starting lineup?

I was thinking that but I believe hes going to stay with Larry Drew and a few other leaving

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 01:29:34 AM »
I believe that if this team does well in the 2010-2011 season then the possibility of an All-American coming on board in the fall is very real, added to the players that will be returning will make this team one to watch.
Same Shiznit....Different Year!

Poison

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »
PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Sylven Landesberg
F Omari Lawrence
F Chris Gaston
F Ron Roberts

I'm not sure that team beats our current one. One the reasons why Norm got himself fired is because
he buried Coker on the bench after one bad game.

Some of the improvements that Lavin will make are no brainers.

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 08:04:03 AM »
According to yahoo, Landesberg will hire an agent.

xhoops

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
According to yahoo, Landesberg will hire an agent.
Yes........I believe he is done

xhoops

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »
PG: Myles Mack 5'9" Paterson Catholic: A classic "PT boat" as Al McGuire says whose shooting ability propels him to Big East level despite his size.

SG: Nate Gause 6'4" Poughkipsee HS Exposive athlete and shooter..not known nationally yet but a tremendous talent who could blow up on the AAU circut this summer.

SF: Omari Lawrence Jr.  He'll play point forward at times in a lineup that tries to get two great shooters looks. I also think a full summer on campus will help with conditioning issues

PF: Ron Roberts Soph He'll have a year of play under his belt and the feeling here is that coach Lav will like his length quickness and nose for the ball.

C Derrick Randall: Mack's teammate at Paterson Catholic. Brooklyn native now in New Jersey the best of a number of kids who project as college sized centers (6'8 and up) tremendous rebounder whose shot blocking could translate well to college despite giving up some size. Competes for every rebound..I can dream can't I?? I love this kid.
Other possibilites: First and foremost I think if he's healthy and stays put Quincy Roberts will be a factor in the program. He'll go back to a wing position and his shooting will be better for it.
Other possible recruits from the 2010 class might be..Mike Taylor Boys and Girls shooting guard.Lucky Jones St. Anthony's 6'6" swingman. Myles Davis St. Peter's shooting guard. PJ Torres swingman from New Rochelle whose feet are a little slow but whose offensive skill is right there.Also Rice star Jermaine Saunders is a terrific all around player whose scoring touch has improved dramatically.
No more 5 '8" guards !.......lets go JOHN WALL

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »

Relative of Paul Gause?

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »

No more 5 '8" guards !.......lets go JOHN WALL

Don't sell Mack short based on his height alone. A good friend of mines son plays ball in that league. He says mack is pretty incredible for his size and says the kid has the heart of a lion.