Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

MCNPA

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1800 on: September 14, 2011, 09:01:32 AM »
I think he'll be a two year college player, not a one year but that is semantics at this point.  For all we know, the NBA might require two years once the new collective bargaining agreement is reached.  Let's land Kyle and figure the rest out later.

« Reply #1801 on: September 14, 2011, 09:11:52 AM »
On the same night that he had a home visit with Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard tweeted about potentially picking Seton Hall.

“I love everything about SHU tho being a pirate will be great tho!! I hate wen ppl tell me not to go there,”  he Tweeted.

He added: “I want to know if i dont choose SHU will i still be able to come to all the games i been going to them every year since i was 9 lol.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/14/anderson-tweets-about-being-a-pirate/#more-57799

IMO, his tweets were more about potentially NOT picking the Pirates.  He just said he doesn't like when people tell him not to go there.

Exactly.  Could be one of two things.  1 being very good for the Hall or 2 being bad for the Hall.

1) He is tipping his hand saying he is leaning towards the Hall or

2) He is cleverly making sure his Hall fans understand he appreciates their support and not to be mad at him for choosing someone else...

« Reply #1802 on: September 14, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
any truth to reports on redmen.com that we have an in-home with KA tomorrow

Who reported that?

« Reply #1803 on: September 14, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »
any truth to reports on redmen.com that we have an in-home with KA tomorrow

Who reported that?

I believe someone received some bad info.  I wouldn't pay it much attention.

MCNPA

« Reply #1804 on: September 14, 2011, 09:24:22 AM »
Hall fans also reporting a tweet last night on Borzello's end I believe that said UCLA dropped out of KA race.  No idea if any truth to it, as I can't find the tweet as it was apparently removed.  Pretty funny watching this circus though.  Kinda like the Housewives of the KA sweepstakes.   :-* ;D

sju89tr

« Reply #1805 on: September 14, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »
On the same night that he had a home visit with Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard tweeted about potentially picking Seton Hall.

“I love everything about SHU tho being a pirate will be great tho!! I hate wen ppl tell me not to go there,”  he Tweeted.

He added: “I want to know if i dont choose SHU will i still be able to come to all the games i been going to them every year since i was 9 lol.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/14/anderson-tweets-about-being-a-pirate/#more-57799

IMO, his tweets were more about potentially NOT picking the Pirates.  He just said he doesn't like when people tell him not to go there.

Exactly.  Could be one of two things.  1 being very good for the Hall or 2 being bad for the Hall.

1) He is tipping his hand saying he is leaning towards the Hall or

2) He is cleverly making sure his Hall fans understand he appreciates their support and not to be mad at him for choosing someone else...

I read it as #2, I also think that Lavin is working feverishly to get an in home before the 20th

sju89tr

« Reply #1806 on: September 14, 2011, 09:34:30 AM »
Hall fans also reporting a tweet last night on Borzello's end I believe that said UCLA dropped out of KA race.  No idea if any truth to it, as I can't find the tweet as it was apparently removed.  Pretty funny watching this circus though.  Kinda like the Housewives of the KA sweepstakes.   :-* ;D

I had heard it was on a podcast

« Reply #1807 on: September 14, 2011, 09:35:41 AM »

Not a tweet.  After he tweeted that SJU had fallen behind SHU and UCLA he went on a podcast and said UCLA dropped out thus leaving SHU presumably since they were in HIS top two.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:22:04 AM by fordham96 »

NYCoffey

« Reply #1808 on: September 14, 2011, 10:02:16 AM »
Who the heck is saying "Don't go to the Hall." We obviously aren't - unless non-board fans and other schools' fans are goin' off on Kyle

Someone posted a tweet on this board about a week ago, in reference to Kyle's sister not being much of a fan of the Hall or something of that nature. 

I also wouldn't be surprised, if he read the boards.

He definitely does read the boards. He tweeted about how the guys on the Seton Hall board are hilarious.

NYCoffey

« Reply #1809 on: September 14, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »
Actually Kelvin Amayo had a funny response to Kyle talking about what if he doesn't pick Seton Hall.

Kelvin Amayo
@KelvinAmayo Kelvin Amayo
@KyleAnderson5 lmaoo u better hide BC they gonna come after u

Moose

« Reply #1810 on: September 14, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
Actually Kelvin Amayo had a funny response to Kyle talking about what if he doesn't pick Seton Hall.

Kelvin Amayo

My man Kelvin.  haha
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1811 on: September 14, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »
Kelvin is a funny dude.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1812 on: September 14, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »

Kelvin Amayo

My man Kelvin.  haha

LOL  Tar and feather!  Amayo is clowning around, but I believe there is some truth to it.  Amayo may also know there could be some truth to it. 

« Reply #1813 on: September 14, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
I said it before and i'll say it again:  i think KA knows he's not choosing SH and it'd be a slap in the face to all those fans if he chose SJU.  I think he's UCLA bound.

can't wait for this to be all over.

« Reply #1814 on: September 14, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »
I said it before and i'll say it again:  i think KA knows he's not choosing SH and it'd be a slap in the face to all those fans if he chose SJU.  I think he's UCLA bound.

That would be too bad. He has many fans in this area that would love to see him play local and follow him. It's a poor reason not to go to St. John's. I'm not saying he should come here, but don't let that stop you.

Gumby

« Reply #1815 on: September 14, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »

That would be too bad. He has many fans in this area that would love to see him play local and follow him. It's a poor reason not to go to St. John's. I'm not saying he should come here, but don't let that stop you.

I think his five favorite fans (KA's family) would also miss seeing him play if he goes west.  Life is too short to miss that opportunity.

gman

« Reply #1816 on: September 14, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »
Kyle has a tough choice. I don't envy him. He will dissapoint many whatever he chooses. He is also very fortunate to have so many great opportunities. He seems like a level head kid and I will enjoy watching him play whever he chooses. I just hope its in Red.

pmg911

« Reply #1817 on: September 14, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
Not a tweet.  After he tweeted that SJU had fallen behind SHU and UCLA he went on a podcast and said UCLA dropped out thus leaving SHU presumably since they were in HIS top two

Fordham - any idea where this pod cast happened..?   any link you can direct us to..?

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1818 on: September 14, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
I haven't heard one pro-SJU article/tweet/blog for a month on KA. The only positive things I've heard is on this board. I just hope the insiders here know more than everyone else, or else it looks like we're in trouble. Even if we do lose out on him though I'm sure Lavin has a plan B up his sleeve, so I wouldn't be too upset.

« Reply #1819 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:57 AM »
Not a tweet.  After he tweeted that SJU had fallen behind SHU and UCLA he went on a podcast and said UCLA dropped out thus leaving SHU presumably since they were in HIS top two

Fordham - any idea where this pod cast happened..?   any link you can direct us to..?

I did not hear it myself.  But Jeff was tweeting about his upcoming podcast yesterday.  I believe it would be on CBS Sports somewhere.  Again did not hear it but others are reporting he said it there.