Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA
« Reply #2300 on: February 29, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
College students drinking and doing drugs? This is an abomination

« Reply #2301 on: February 29, 2012, 01:19:16 PM »
Wow, this could be huge. As PMG said, I wouldn't send my kid 3,000 miles to play for this guy. The only way I see KA staying now is if he just loves the school and not so much the coach.

But for arguments sake, lets say he decommits, who finished 2nd in his original recruitment?

« Reply #2302 on: February 29, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
Wow, this could be huge. As PMG said, I wouldn't send my kid 3,000 miles to play for this guy. The only way I see KA staying now is if he just loves the school and not so much the coach.

But for arguments sake, lets say he decommits, who finished 2nd in his original recruitment?

We already have Branch as our starting PG.  KA goes to Seton Hall.  His dad said it upon completion of the recruitment.  If he stays east, he goes to SH.

« Reply #2303 on: February 29, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »

We already have Branch as our starting PG.  KA goes to Seton Hall.  His dad said it upon completion of the recruitment.  If he stays east, he goes to SH.

Oh...didn't know that. In that case I'd rather see him stay at UCLA.

« Reply #2304 on: February 29, 2012, 01:37:40 PM »

Believe his family is moving out to LA & dont see him leaving UCLA. This is the thread that wont die

« Reply #2305 on: February 29, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »

Believe his family is moving out to LA & dont see him leaving UCLA. This is the thread that wont die
His  pops must have found a great job in Cali

« Reply #2306 on: February 29, 2012, 04:06:14 PM »
Kyle reaffirms commitment to Coach Howland:

Well, it's yet again confirmed Kyle is a loyal kid (kidding?) as he reaffirmed his commitment to Ben Howland and UCLA.

Zags just gave some quotes:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/02/29/anderson-reaffirms-commitment-to-ucla/

I hope Kyle enjoys Ben's supposed distance from his players.  Not a coach I would enjoy playing for - don't like that style.

DFF6

« Reply #2307 on: February 29, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »

Well, it's yet again confirmed Kyle is a loyal kid (kidding?) as he reaffirmed his commitment to Ben Howland and UCLA.

I hope Kyle enjoys Ben's supposed distance from his players.  Not a coach I would enjoy playing for - don't like that style.

It appears the quotes are coming more from Anderson Sr., and of course he still likes Howland--Anderson Sr. hasn't received all of his money yet from Howland.  Just kidding. 

« Reply #2308 on: February 29, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »

It appears the quotes are coming more from Anderson Sr., and of course he still likes Howland--Anderson Sr. hasn't received all of his money yet from Howland.  Just kidding.
A serious part in terms of Kyle is Howland's coaching style, which he doesn't deny.  Since they did their due diligence, I'm surprised Kyle would want to play for that type of detached coach.  I wouldn't like it.

DFF6

« Reply #2309 on: February 29, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »

A serious part in terms of Kyle is Howland's coaching style, which he doesn't deny.  Since they did their due diligence, I'm surprised Kyle would want to play for that type of detached coach.  I wouldn't like it.

Some kids like their coach to have a "hands off" approach I guess.   Anderson is clearly convinced he's a destined lottery pick no matter where he plays, so I guess he went for the nicest campus scenery.

boo3

« Reply #2310 on: February 29, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »

Funny how no one complained about Howland's "detached " coaching style when he was winning games at Northern Arizona or Pitt.

desco80

« Reply #2311 on: February 29, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »
College students drinking and doing drugs? This is an abomination

and star players acting like spoiled brats .... Sports Illustrated is really breaking news with this so called "expose". 

It's disappointing news for UCLA fans, but this is really a non-story to me.  Nobody was cheating, or covering anything up.   Those are the worst crimes in my eyes.   Has Howland's star been tarnished a little - of course.  But there's two sides to every story and he did throw two of those players off the team, so it's not like they never were held accountable.  Maybe he gave them too long of a leash, but that's a different argument.

Plus, the article uses generalizations that I just can't believe are true.  Like they "allowed" Josh Smith to be out of shape.
There is no doubt in my mind the staff tried to get that kid in shape, because they know what a talent he could be.   I just think that's an accusation that can't be proven, and runs counter to common sense.

Poison

« Reply #2312 on: February 29, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »
What kind of a hole parent lets their kid play for this bastard?

« Reply #2313 on: February 29, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
What kind of a hole parent lets their kid play for this bastard?

Selfi$h reasons

« Reply #2314 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

Funny how no one complained about Howland's "detached " coaching style when he was winning games at Northern Arizona or Pitt.
well he's not winning, and he's losing the "wrong" way, a recipe for disaster.  cr will tell you how delusional that fanbase is - it's right up there with the expectations of Kentucky fans - crazy S

boo3

« Reply #2315 on: March 01, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
  This is about wins and losses. The booze, drug, and fights happen on every college team and campus un the country.  You foolish if you think differently.  It's a witch hunt to get Howland out, nothing more or less.

18-19 year olds went to sunny Cali , many away from home for the first time, and drank, smoked pot, and tried exctasy ?  No way!  Crazy..  There was a bad seed ( Nelson), and he didn't get rid of him soon enough. Big deal.

desco80

« Reply #2316 on: March 01, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
  This is about wins and losses. The booze, drug, and fights happen on every college team and campus un the country.  You foolish if you think differently.  It's a witch hunt to get Howland out, nothing more or less.

18-19 year olds went to sunny Cali , many away from home for the first time, and drank, smoked pot, and tried exctasy ?  No way!  Crazy..  There was a bad seed ( Nelson), and he didn't get rid of him soon enough. Big deal.

+100  Bam.  Hit the nail on the head Boo

pmg911

« Reply #2317 on: March 01, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »
Howland will be fired at the end of the year.

Moose

« Reply #2318 on: March 01, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »
If you are Kyle Sr, do you want your son going 3,000 miles away to play for the guy described in the article.?

I think there is a solid chance Howland gets canned at the end of the year.

Bruinsnation.com wants both the AD and Howland gone:

"But the alumni and the fan base better damn well come calling to Chancellor Block this morning. In the end, it is clear that neither Ben Howland nor Dan Guerrero deserve their jobs in Westwood any longer. It is time to find a new AD immediately. The new AD should find a replacement for Howland at the end of this season. As the tittle states, this is not the UCLA way, and as people who love and support UCLA - and the UCLA way - we should not tolerate this any longer."

Who do they want as coach?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2319 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »
If you are Kyle Sr, do you want your son going 3,000 miles away to play for the guy described in the article.?

I think there is a solid chance Howland gets canned at the end of the year.

Bruinsnation.com wants both the AD and Howland gone:

"But the alumni and the fan base better damn well come calling to Chancellor Block this morning. In the end, it is clear that neither Ben Howland nor Dan Guerrero deserve their jobs in Westwood any longer. It is time to find a new AD immediately. The new AD should find a replacement for Howland at the end of this season. As the tittle states, this is not the UCLA way, and as people who love and support UCLA - and the UCLA way - we should not tolerate this any longer."

Who do they want as coach?

Steve Lavin :-) LOL